Introduction: Shil Hye

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Jonghyun's POV

I slammed the door to our practice room open and shouted: "Sorry, I'm late!"

Key jumped like a girl and glared at me: "Damn, Jonghuyn! Don't scare me like that! Do you want me to die early?!"

I just stood there and tried to catch my breath; I'd climbed all the twenty-one en staircases in record time because the elevator had taken too long. The other members looked at me curiously.

"Why are you late, hyung?" Taemin asked.

Because a ghost and its cat decided to infiltrate my apartment!

FLASHBACK ---

I had just plunged myself onto the couch and was looking at the contract in my hands with disbelieve (trying to understand how my life got so messed up in just an hour =_=) when the one responsible came running out of her room. Hold it! Not her room. My guest room! So, she came running out of my guest room mumbling under her breath ‘oh god, oh god, I'm sorry! I'm SO sorry! Oh god!’ I'm glad she finally realised that she owes me big time, but what made her see reason?

But she didn't even spare me a glance and headed for the door.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I left something outside on the park bench! Oh GOD! Please be alright...!"

Five minutes later she was back. In one hand she held something that looked like a cat toilet?! What did she need that for? And in the other one she carried a... CAT BOX??!!

"You're not telling me you brought a CAT with you, are you?!"

As if she'd understood me a brownish cat head appeared behind the bars and a loud "meow!" was heard. Just what did I do in my previous live to deserve this??!

"Nononono! I never agreed on letting THAT stay in my apartment!!!

"First, she is not a THING, she's got a name! And second, you never said anything against her staying either."

I couldn't believe my ears. What kind of reasoning is that?!!!

"Shil Hye, meet Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun, this is Shil Hye."

She did NOT just introduce me to her CAT!!!

"Oy! Have you already forgotten the first rule?! YOU listen to ME!! And I SAY the cat stays OUTSIDE!!!!!!" This was simply insane!!

But she just ignored me and opened the damn cat box freeing the little monster from its confinement. I didn't know yet just how MUCH of a monster that cat was!

I got a quite fair idea though. First, she toured the living room. She jumped on the table, played with my (!) silk curtains, walked over the keys of my (!!) piano, and threw some of my (!!!) CDs off the shelf as she jumped on it to get an overview of the living room. Then, she proceeded to the kitchen where she nipped at my (!!!!) drink. And after trying some of my (!!!!!) dinner leftovers she returned to the living room where she hopped onto the couch, searched for the comfiest spot, turned a few times and curled herself up into a ball of fur. Have I mentioned yet that that was MY favourite spot??!!! (And no, I'm usually NOT this territorial...!)

And all the while, the source of all this mess just stood there and watched!

Okay, Jonghyun, calm down! Breath in, breath out... Breath in, breath out... No, you can't kill her; idols shouldn't kill people... just breath in, breath out.

I went to check the curtains but, surprisingly, they were alright. And the CD's on the floor weren't broken either. Lucky for you, girl; if anything were broken, you'd pay! And these are special editions!

I turned around; only to find her sitting on the floor petting the little monster. It purred with cosiness while its hair dispersed all over the place. Urghhh!

"Hwang Ha Neul." I was concentrating very hard on looking intimidating and giving my voice a threatening edge. "The cat. Outside. Now."

I think it worked. *smirk* Her eyes widened and she froze. She looked like a rabbit cornered by its predator. Ha, I'm just as good as Minho!

"Don't want to."

Or not.

"It's not a question of whether you want to or not!" I snapped. "I said NO cat, thus no cat it is!!!"

"Um, by the way--"

"Do NOT try to change the topic!" I screeched. "Get the cat OUT!!"

"Didn't you have to go to SM?"

What? I blinked.

! She's right! What time is it?

I checked my watch...

7 PM ALREADY??!!!!

I spun around and ran towards the door. Rehearsal had started half an hour ago!!!!

I shot one last glare at the girl responsible for all this trouble and growled 'We're not through with this yet!' before slamming the door.

END OF FLASHBACK ---

"Uh... because... I took in a cat..." To think I had to use that monster as an excuse!

"Aww, really?" Minho ran up to me. "What does it look like? How old is it? Is it a she or a he? Can we go and take a look?"

Damn, I forgot Minho adores all kinds of animals. Uh, what did that monster look like again? Ah, right!

"She's got a brownish fur but I don't know how old she is... And I'm afraid; she's a little shy... so maybe sometime later?" Phew, close call!

"Sorry," I apologised to the disappointed Minho. But she's a monster anyway. And definitively anything but shy or cute!

"You really took in a cat? You?" Onew spoke up sceptically. "Didn't you use to hate cats? I even remember you setting up traps in your garden because the neighbour's cat would come to your kitchen to drink the milk your maids gave it..?"

Aish! Why did he have to remember that?! Besides, aren’t childhood friends supposed to back each other up! What was he doing by stabbing me in the back?!

"That was a long time ago..." I mumbled. But Minho still heard me.

"You did what?!" He exclaimed horrified. "You set up traps for an innocent cat?! You know what? I think I need to come over tomorrow to check whether you're taking care of her properly or not!"

"Yes! Let's have a sleepover like in the old times!" Key rejoiced referring to our trainee time when we’d slept in a dorm.

"I--"

"Okay, that's set then!" Key cut me off. "Tomorrow after the interview at Jonghyun's place!"

 

----------------------------

Hey readers! :D

I'm sorry for writing two Flashback-chapters in a row but I just thought it fit the story so well... ^^
Hehehe, Shil Hye is going to be Jonghyun's personal devil...! X]

What do you think??? Still interesting? Any suggestions?? I'm always open for new ideas!! XD
Please subbscribe and/or comment!!! :DD

PS: If you like this kind of story (and have 16 hours to spare ^^) try out 'Oh! My lady' starring Siwon from SJ it's so goddamn cuuute!!! XD (He's a famous but cranky idol who suddenly has to take care of his child that he didn't know about until now. And the ahjumma (female lead) who worked as his cleaning lady once will come to help him with it. If you haven't seen it yet, it's definitvely worth it!!! :P