The One-Week-Deal

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Hyo Rin's POV

And the morning after her uncle had called her (she mentioned it somewhere in between), when we were still stuck with those boring search algorithms, Ha Neul used the time to tell me about her having found the best part-time job ever.

"...and not only that! It completely rids you of the need to download an app for every single programme!" She excitedly informed me.

"Wow, cool! What language is it written in?" I asked genuinely interested. "Java? C++?"

"No," she answered with glowing eyes. "They invented a new language, especially for this software!"

"Seriously? Who wrote the software? And invented the language?"

She gave me a smug smile. "The National Intelligence Service. Actually, they intended for it to become the software for managing their databases. But it turned out to be more effective when used with media databases. So, they gave it free for purchase..."

"Not bad! And it looks like you already know enough about it to start work right away!" I said playfully.

"Hehe, actually I spent the rest of last evening researching the software..."

"Aha! So that's why you hadn't had your exercise finished this morning!" I pretended to glare at her.

"Yup! Thanks for letting me copy it!" She just grinned back at me. She sure was in high spirits.

"So, what did you find out last night?"

"Well, for example, they have their own access right policy. And it has its own file converter! And their head programmer is nominated for the Noble price for it..."

.......

 

After an hour of shoptalk on our way to the next lecture --------- ;-P

"And? Which company has the money to buy this awesome software?" I asked Ha Neul who was balancing on the kerb like a little kid; her eyes fixed on the ground. (We had to change buildings for the next lecture.)

Her head jerked up and she looked at me with a cought expression on her face making her stumbled over her own feet. As I was used to her clumsiness it was just normal routine for me to save her from being hit by the passing car.

"You know, I'm starting to believe that I used to be an angel but God figured that you needed a guardian angel right beside you and not just one up in the sky!" I joked as soon as Ha Neul was walking on the secure part of the sidewalk again.

"Sorry..." She smiled sheepishly at me. "And thanks."

"Well, at least, it's a terminated responsibility for me," I teased. "I pity your future boyfriend though..."

"Hmpf! If it's my boyfriend, he'll like my clumsiness!" She was sulking. How cute! "Besides, I'm just fine even without someone looking after me!"

"I'm not so sure about that..." I feigned disbelief. "You couldn't even survive for a week!"

"Of course I could!" She said angrily while bloating her cheeks.

"Really? Wanna bet?"

"Sure!"

"Okay. For one week, I will not help you in any way. Even if you nearly get run over by a car again like today. And if you don't manage to make it through this week without a disaster, I'll get you to accompany me to any party I like for two weeks. Deal?" Ha Neul hated parties, or in fact, any place where there were a lot of people cramped together.

"Deal," she said with determination. "But if I make it through, you'll have to ban SHINee out of your life, and thus mine as well, for two weeks."

What?! NOOOOO! I can't do that! I mean, it's SHINee!!!

"Um, isn't that a little too hard a punishment?" I tried to pacify her. I couldn't live without my boys for two weeks! "Besides, what do they have to do with this anyway?"

"Nothing in particular. I just can't stand them as much as I can't stand parties. So I think it's fair."

"Okay, fine! Deal!" I couldn't back out now. "But are you sure you didn't misunderstand anything that day?' I just couldn't imagine Jonghyun being such a conceited ! (Naturally, I'd made Ha Neul recount every single detail of that fan session! :D) "He may have been a little self-confident, but who wouldn't with those looks?!"

“I’m positive, I did not!” She said briskly and walked ahead.

 

Onew’s POV

When I’d signed the contract, they’d told me I'd be the leader of a band of five grown-up boys. And not of a bunch of kids still in puberty!

I kept shaking my mind looking at those kids sitting beside me; they were playing tag in the back row while Lee Soo Man's secretary was informing us and the rest of SMTown about the newest changes in the company.

"Oy, did you hear what he just said?" I interrupted them after a while.

"Yes, of course!" They whispered in unison.

"Then, what did he say?"

"Uhhh..."

"Exactly! So stop behaving like middle-schoolers and pay attention!"

Lee Soo Man’s secretary was talking about a new software they had bought and that we should bring our smartphones or tablets to install the app for it.

"Wow, cool!" Jonghyun whispered. Besides me, he was the only one of us five who had some interest in computer science.

“…a new member of SM family who will be responsible for the installation of this app as it is quite complicated,” our president’s secretary continued. “But she will also be Kwon Soo Jong-ssi’s assistant and take care of other tasks. Her name is Hwang—“

The rest of her name was lost in the noise of Taemin falling off his chair during his attempt to avoid being tagged. Everyone turned around to look for the source of the noise. But after this unwanted attention those kids finally kept quiet for the rest of the meeting.

 

------------------------------

Please comment! I'd really love to hear what you think about this fic!!!