Consequences of the One-Week-Deal

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

I yawned as I walked into my first lecture. It’s been a long evening yesterday. I’d tried to convince my parents and my brother that it was more advantageous for me if I could finish my studies at Seoul University while they’d tried to make me realise that living in Seoul alone was dangerous.

But I had won in the end! I grinned upon the thought and went to find my best friend to tell her the joyous news. (Me not having to transfer, yayy!)

I found her in front of her locker sorting through her daily love letters. No, I don’t know either what university students still write love letters in this day and age -.- But she’s the school beauty so I got kind of used to it…

After tackling her from behind making her drop her letters all over the floor, collecting them again, and listening to her lecture about how to greet people normally we headed for the lecture hall. And I started to tell her about me moving out.

When I’d finished I looked at her expectantly. But she didn’t react how I thought she would. Instead of flinging her arms around my neck and celebrating my victory with me she just worriedly looked at me.

“What?” I asked.

“So, where are you going to stay?”

“Uhh, I’m still working on that…” I looked at the ground and bit my lip. I mean, I’ve just found out yesterday evening!

“Let me just recap the facts again: Your family is moving to Busan in a week. You need to pay the rent for your room and all other bills yourself although you’ve just started your part-time job yesterday! And you don’t even know where you’re going to stay?!” She’d stopped in the middle of the hallway to look at me incredulously.

“Yes, that’s what I bargained with my parents,” I replied sheepishly referring to her second fact.

Hyo Rin just shook her head and heaved a deep sigh. “Well, if the worst comes true, you can sleep on a mattress in my room.”

“No, that won’t happen,” I replied immediately. Now, I felt guilty. Even though she was my best friend she shouldn’t have to suffer because of my decision. I knew she already had it hard enough at home. Her mother was divorced and had married again; a man who also had a daughter from a previous marriage. And two years ago a little brother had been added to the patchwork family. It wasn’t easy. After all, there was a reason to why Hyo Rin liked to hang out at bars till late at night. So, moving in with her wasn’t even an option.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Why was I doing this again? Looking around, at least half of my colleagues were asleep! And for this I gave up my free time?! AND my gorgeous looks?!

I was saved when the ajussi in the front shut his laptop and walked out.

On my way to the cafeteria, a sign caught my eye. It read:

Handsome guys wanted!

  • You’re confident about your looks?
  • You like music?
  • You can dance?

Excellent! You’re hired for the upcoming dance contest!

And some contacts followed.

I took out my phone and was about to enter one of the numbers (where handsome guys are there will always be hot girls too… *smug smile*) when I heard someone snort behind me. I turned around and found myself looking at some random guy who probably thought himself handsome.

“Let me give you some advice, nerd,” he said. “Don’t call. You don’t fit their idea of handsome.” He smiled self-satisfactorily as if he’d done the charity deed of the month and left.

WHAT THE ??!!!!

Does he even know who he’s talking to??!! Girls FAINT just at the MENTION of my name!!!

I was about to storm after him to remind him who was the most desired man of whole South Korea when I remembered what I currently looked like. I had a pair of big round but fake spectacles on my nose; I had carefully sprayed my wig with dandruffs this morning and my cloth made me want to throw up. Key had really done an excellent job; no one would believe me if I told them I was the Kim Jonghyun. Which was my outfit’s purpose after all.

So, I continued my walk to the cafeteria while cursing that bastard all the way. In fact I was so preoccupied by it I failed to notice the girl who was walking directly towards me too engaged in her conversation with her friend to notice me.

 

Hyo Rin’s POV

I was racking my mind trying to think of any possible solution for my soon-to-be homeless best friend when I noticed that the very person was on perfect collision course with a rather hideous looking guy. I wanted to pull her out of his way since he obviously wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings either but then I remembered our deal. No helping for a week.

Hence, I could only close my eyes and wait for the crash…

When I opened them again, they were both on the ground and in a rather compromising position: he on top of her, their faces only inches apart.

I swallowed hard and waited for them to get up.

But they didn’t.

They simply kept staring at each other with their eyes wide open. What the hell are they doing?!?

“Oy, aren’t you going to get up?” I hissed dressing the guy on top of my best friend; maybe Ha Neul didn’t get enough air to speak. I didn’t want our stupid deal to kill her.

That seemed to make the guy snap out of it and he straightened up.

Holy crap!!!! That’s Kang Jonghyun from the film department!!!

He was infamous for being the ugliest and most repulsive student of the whole university! Not even the hard-core nerds who spent their live behind the screen instead of a mirror would even dream of associating themselves with him!! It was a crime for him to have the same name as this universe’s most gorgeous creature!!!!!!!!

And my poor Ha Neul had to be pinned to the ground by him!!!! I knew she wouldn’t survive a week!!!

I extended my hand towards her but she shook her head and mumbled: “One-week-deal, remember?” Okay. Fine then. It’s your life…

She got up by herself, took my arm and started dragging me away. Wait, what about Kang Jonghyun…?

I tugged at her arm to make her stop. “Wait, are you just going to behave like nothing happened?! What about Kang Jong—“ I glanced over my shoulder expecting him to look at us.

But he’d disappeared without a trace.

“What the..?!” I didn’t get it! They ran into each other head on, fell on top of each other, almost kissed and now they acted like it was an everyday occurrence?!?

But no matter how many times I asked her about that incident she’d just shrug it off saying I was making a mountain out of a molehill!

Am I really??? Please tell me that this is NOT the normal reaction!!!!!

 

---------------------

Hahaha, you've probably already guessed, who she ran into... (for those wo didn't, it'll become pretty clear in the next two chapters ^^)

So, how do you like it? (A tiny teaser: I'll be adding some new character's in the next chapters as well, need some antagonists ^^)

And please don't forget to comment! I always try to answer them!!! <33

AND: Many thanks to SHINee for their new single Dazzling Girl!!!!!! I've been listening to nothing else today!! <33333333333