Car Wash Part II

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Jonghyun’s POV

I think it happened when I turned around the car after she’d admitted defeat… Or maybe already during our water fight… Or… aish, I don’t know!

But when I stood in front of her and looked down on her I just couldn’t help but think of how beautiful she looked. The water droplets glistening in her hair and running down her slender neck. Her fair skin. That dazed look in her big eyes. And her cheeks and lips that were so endearingly reddened from running around and playing with the cold water…!

It completely toyed with my senses.

And then she bit her lips and closed her eyes! I gulped and felt my heartbeat pick up its pace. Unconciously, I leaned in a little closer.

And suddenly, I felt her hands on my chest. And that did it. I felt all reason fly to wherever. The only thing I could think about was what it would feel like to kiss those lips.

I slowly closed my eyes and tilted my head as I leaned in even closer.

I could already feel her warm breath on my skin and inhaled her flowery scent, when suddenly… she pushed me away!

I stumbled back, dazed. So many thoughts were going through my head at the same time.

Did I just want to kiss her?? Her?! Ghosty…?!

But more than surprised I felt numb. Or maybe hurt even. Because she’d pushed me away… I still felt my lips tingling with anticipation… I swallowed hard. Did I want to kiss her that much? I followed her with my eyes as she bent down to pick up the hoses, the blush still apparent on her cheeks…

Yes… I really wanted to kiss her that much… In fact, I couldn’t get the thought out of my mind even now…

Damn! What was wrong with me?!

She wasn’t my type! Not even close!! This was Ghosty!! The girl that could walk around wearing baggy pants, an oversized T-Shirt and with her hair tied up in a messy bun back at home!! The trouble seeker that lived in her own world where nature abided her own laws!! The idiot who kept sacrificing her sleep for me and all innocently and unsuspectingly slept in a guy’s room!!! The fool who came running after me that day (the day that woman came to SM) and didn’t go away even when I probably wasn’t in my best mood. The irresponsible woman who spends a whole night outside without bothering to even call and manages to make me lose my sleep!!!!

And why do I sound caring??! I must be losing my mind…!!

But my thoughts got interrupted, when just that girl came running towards me and grabbed my arm.

I almost jumped away from the sudden touch and looked at her startled. But she didn’t seem to notice. Instead she moved even closer and I stiffened. What the hell was she trying to do?!

“Oy, get back into the car!” She whispered urgently. “People are staring; I think they’ve recognised you!”

Huh? Recognised me? I looked around. But I couldn’t hear the squealing or screaming that usually came along when girls recognised me...?

“Oy! What are you doing?! Didn’t you hear me?! Go back into the car! I’ll finish cleaning up!” Ghosty whispered again and tried to push me towards the car.

Hmmm… I did feel the stares though. I threw another look over my shoulder. Was it just me or was it mainly guys staring…? And also… weren’t they looking at Ghosty rather than at me…??

I frowned and looked back at Ghosty.

And cursed. “Ç%&=%%@*%@!!!!”

Just why did she have to wear white today?!!! And why did she still play with the water even THOUGH she was wearing white?!!! Didn’t she know that it would become all transparent if it got wet?!!! Seriously!!!

“! YOU get into the car!” I hissed and in one swift movement flung her around and pushed her into the car. I slammed the door shut and whirled around again to glare at every damn male in the vicinity.

Those bastards!!!! Just who do they think they’re looking at?!!! ing erts!!!

I heard the door of my car being opened and saw that idiot trying to get out again!

Damn!! Enough already!! Did she want me to go and dig all those guy’s eyes out?!!! Couldn’t she just stay put for once??!!!

“Didn’t you hear me?!” I snapped while blocking the door. “I don’t have a jacket with me and my shirt is just as wet. So just stay in the car, okay?!”

But she just looked at me confused. Seriously now?! Didn’t she have an IQ of… what did her friend say again? Hundred and sixty-something? Did she really need me to spill it out for her??

I sighed. “You’re wearing white… get it already…!” I muttered and turned my head to the side, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

She looked down at herself and pinked. “Kyaaaaaaaaaa!”

“Pabo…” I sighed once more and closed the door.

That Hello Kitty bra again, huh… I smiled unconsciously remembering her horrified expression from that day. (A/N: Chapter 18 – Grounded) She really did have no appeal… at least in the underwear department…

Okay, STOP thinking about it!!! You gotta STOP.THINKING ‘bout it!!!!

I momentarily closed my eyes and then went to clean up the rest.

 

Ha Neul’s POV

After that embarrassment of my lifetime I had avoided Jonghyun for the rest of the day. Gosh, I thought I would die of embarrassment the moment I’d look at him!! He had seen me !!! Ghhhaaaddd~!!! I was probably burning bright red just from thinking about it!!! Whaaaa~~!! Why didn’t I notice??!!! I was wearing white, for God’s sake!!! Every kid knows what happens when white clothes get wet!!!

I banged my head on the table. Arrrgghhh!!!

Suddenly, my cell phone rang. I looked at it. It was a message from my dear best friend.

Screw you, Hyo Rin… What do you want now?! I’m totally not in the mood, you know?

But I still checked it.

Hey, my lovely BFF, remember to fix your date with your flower-boy, arasso? *twinkle-twinkle*

Oh, right… There’s still that problem…

I sighed, feeling tired again.

I seemed to have quite drastic mood changes lately, huh…

But I guess, Hyo Rin was right. So I checked up Super Junior’s schedule and seeing that they were currently in the house, I grabbed Shindong’s cell phone and stepped out of my uncle’s office. With all that had happened I had completely forgotten to return it to him. I felt my guilty conscience…

When I arrived in front of one of the practice rooms I took a deep breath and opened the door. Hwang Ha Neul, hwaiting! You can do it!!

At first, they didn’t notice me, so engrossed they were into their dancing. A song I didn’t recognise was playing and even though they were just wearing plain practice clothes, I had to admit they looked rather hot.

My eyes searched for Hae and I eventually spotted him at the front in the middle. I guessed he was one of the main dancers, huh… I looked at him closer. Sweat was dripping from his serious and concentrated face and his clear and light movements were showing off his well-toned body… A nice sight indeed… I blushed.

Then, when the song ended, they finally noticed me.

“Ha Neul!” Hae exclaimed delighted and ran towards me. Closely followed by… Kyuhyun? I tried remembering their names but wasn’t very successful.

“Hey, everyone!” I thus simply said and smiled.

“What brings you here?" Hae asked. “Not that I’d mind you being her though!” He quickly added and beamed at me.

“Um, to bring back Shindong’s phone… Sorry that it took so long…! Some things happened…” I contritely and looked down.

“No worries! I have it back now, right?” He assured me. “And with the app installed, right?” His started gleaming excitedly.

I laughed. “Yes! Look, here…” And for the next quarter of an hour I was committed to explaining him every last detail of the software and discussing all kinds of technical topics about it. Haha, I think I found another geek…!

After a while they went back to practice and it was only Hae and I left in the corner. I don’t know whether they sensibly left us alone to have some private time together or whether it just happened like this.

Either way, we sat on the ground leaning against the wall and started talking about this and that. Hae told me how he’d become an idol and I recounted the very unspectacular tale of a fair maiden who went to high school and later started studying computer science; also known as my life…

We talked about how we had always played together and reminded each other of the funny moments we’d shared.

The only topic we avoided during our whole conversation was him not showing up again one summer…

After a while, we then settled to just sitting next to each other in a comfortable silenceand enjoying each other’s company again after so many years. And it was then, when my phone rang.

I glanced at the caller ID. Hyo Rin again?! She surely had good timing today…!

I apologised to Hae and picked up. “Hey, Hyo Rin?” I whispered to not disturb Suju’s rehearsal.

“Hey, Ha Neul! And, have you met your flower-boy?” I could already imagine her grinning like an idiot on the other end.

“Yup,” I replied smugly. “I was just sitting here with him peacefully and watching the rest of Suju practice their… new?” I glanced at Hae questioningly. “Song, when you called…”

Hae nodded while Hyo Rin’s high-pitched squeal sounded through the phone. I held the phone away from my ear and looked at Hae apologetically.

“Oy, Rin! Tune it down!” I whispered. “You’re going to disturb their practice!” Besides, people around here were probably looking at her weirdly too… =.=

But I guess she didn’t care. “Whaaaa~!! But it’s Donghae!!! LEE DONGHAE!!! KYAAAAAA~!”

Haaa~ Sometimes I really didn’t know why I had her as my best friend… Just kidding, of course! ^^

“Soo~? Did you complete your mission?” She then asked after she’d calmed down a little.

“Yeah…”

“Kyaaaaaa~!!” There she goes again… “When??? Where??? How???”

“Like I’d tell you! You’d only go and to stalk me!” I knew she would! I knew her!

“Awwww~, come on!” She whined. “Just a few little details?”

“Dream on.”

“Aish, this girl!” She huffed but then her voice brightened again. “Oh, but then can surely do me another favour…?”

“What favour?” I asked and narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

“Um, well, you see…” She hummed and hawed.

“Spill it.”

“SHINee is filming an interview today at SM and well… you couldn’t get audience seats for the two of us, could you?”

What?

“Yeeee?! Excuse me?! What makes you think it’s that easy?! Even though I might work in the same building I can’t just go over there and sit into the audience!” Seriously, what is this girl thinking?!

“Aww, come on! Let’s just go there and figure something out once we get there?” She tried to convince me.

“Just forget it! Don’t waste your energy in coming here!”

“Well, actually, I’m already here…”

“WHAT?!!” She’s already here?!! Where?!

“Um, I’m in front of the building… So why not just let me in?”

Arrrgghhh, this girl!! She’s going to be the death of me someday!! But I guess I’d better go down and figure something out… Before she causes a scene again!

Thus, I quickly bid goodbye to Hae and the rest of Suju, once again apologising for interrupting their practice, and ran to the elevator. I then took the back entrance, walked around the building, and searched for one particular fangirl among the crowd.

Finally, I saw her. She was enthusiastically waving a banner saying ‘Bling Bling Jonghyun, Saranghaeyo~!!’ Sigh, why was I doing this again?

I grabbed her arm and pulled her with me back to the back entrance without saying a word. Before we entered I stopped though. I turned around and looked at her sternly. Then my eyes fell on the banner again and I snatched it away from her and rolled it up.

“Okay, now listen! Don’t act like a fangirl!” I reminded her. “Don’t squeal! Don’t shout out idol’s names randomly! Actually, don’t talk at all! Just act like you work there too and follow me quietly! Got it?”

She nodded several times but her eyes were somewhat weird.

“And follow everything I say! Understand?” I raised an eyebrow at her. Again she nodded. “Okay. Then let’s go.”

When we walked past the receptionist my heart beat like crazy. I just hope this won’t cost me my job!

I then went back to my uncle’s office and told Hyo Rin just to sit down anywhere. But she just looked at me quizzically. “This is where the interview is going to be filmed?”

“Of course not,” I replied without looking up from my computer. “We’re not going to the interview.”

“Ha Neuuuuuul~!!”

“Don’t bother trying,” I cut her off. “Besides, I don’t even know where it is.”

“Third floor. Left wing. Studio Nr. 8.”

I spun around. “Where do you know that from?”

“The sign at the entrance said so.” She shrugged her shoulders and smiled innocently. Crap.

“Still no.” I turned back to my computer.

“Aren’t you even the least bit interested?” She tried a new tactic. “To see Jonghyun live?”

No thanks. I get that every day at home… “No…”

“You’re lying.”

Why would I? “I’m not lying.”

“But maybe they’re going to make them do stuff! Maybe we’d get to see… dunno… his bare chest?”

I chocked. What the hell?! “They wouldn’t…” I mumbled. Besides, I’d already seen that too… Ahem…

“Is that blush I see on your face?” Hyo Rin asked, suddenly being right next to me.

I jumped. “Hyo Rin!!!”

“What?” She smirked.

“Stop. Interrupting. My. Work!” I huffed.

“Then let’s go to the interview.”

“No.”

“Just why are you being this stubborn?!” She suddenly exclaimed. “It’s just an interview!”

Why?? Because I’m going to die of embarrassment once I see him again!! That’s why!!! Because I’m going to remember yesterday’s incident and I’m going to want to dig a hole and disappear in it!! Hu-hu-hu-hu~!!

“What incident?” Hyo Rin asked curiously.

Nooooooo~

Stupid, stupid, STUPID mouth!!!!

I glanced at Hyo Rin and smiled pitifully. “Let’s go to the interview?”

 

-------

I had dragged Hyo Rin all the way to the interview, desperately hoping that seeing SHINee would distract her enough to forget about asking me on that incident again. Miraculously (or more like thanks to Hyo Rin’s passion… =.=), we managed to get a seat in the audience.

I looked around the set and was surprised to recognise some people. There was for example this guy for whom I’d once fixed a bug in his rendering software. Or Sohee unni who also dropped by shortly. I then glanced over to Hyo Rin who was in full fangirl-mode again. I knew it. But oh, well… We were surrounded by other fans so it didn’t really matter. Actually I was probably the one looking out of place. Being all quiet and un-fangirly…

Finally the show started; I noticed by the fangirling increasing in volume. But it went to a whole other level when SHINee entered the stage! Gosh, I thought my eardrum wouldn’t be able to take it!

“KYAAAAAAAAA~!!!! JONGHYUN OPPA!!!!!” Hyo Rin screamed and waved her banner. Ehh, when had she managed to take that along?! I clearly remembered putting it down next to me at my uncle’s office!! So much for my plan to stay invisible…! I grumbled.

SHINee then sat down and the fans quieted a little as the MC started speaking. I looked at Jonghyun.

I guess they made him change his attire for the show, huh…? When he left this morning he was still wearing one of his black sweaters and skinny jeans. Now he’s wearing a suit with one of those ridiculously colourful patterns.

Yeah, you guessed right, I wasn’t much of a fan of the concept of their new album…

Anyway, they sat down and started talking about various things. They were asked to do some random stuff that I didn’t really pay much attention to.

Until the MC got to one particular question.

“This question goes to Jonghyun.” The MC tuned to Jonghyun. “In her press conference yesterday evening, the famous designer Lee Jae Hwa announced her next fashion show. And she mentioned that she would love to engage you to walk for her. Does that mean we’ll get to see you on the cat-walk soon?”

I stiffened. Lee Jae Hwa…?? What the hell was that MC doing!! Didn’t they have a script for the whole show?!! How they let could such a question slip in?!!

I looked at Jonghyun. He was still smiling but the moment the name of his mother had been dropped, he had tensed up visibly. And the MC was still looking at Jonghyun questioningly.

“Aish! I’m going to kill that stupid MC!” I hissed to Hyo Rin. “Doesn’t he have any sense of tact?!! Can’t he see how tensed up Jonghyun is because of his question?!!!”

Hyo Rin looked at me puzzled. “Tensed? How is Jonghyun tensed up??” She wondered. “Look, isn’t he still smiling just like before??”

What? Like before?? Are you kidding me?! The smile is not the same at all!! Moreover he’s playing with his wrist band and not even talking!! A Terrorist Kiddy that is not even talking is red alert!!!

I looked at the other fans and frowned. I really seemed to be the only one to notice this…?

But surely s would try to help him, right?

I turned to the front again.

“So, Jonghyun, what do you think about her proposal?” The MC just then repeated the question since Jonghyun didn’t answer.

I clenched my fists. Seriously! I’m going to fed that MC his cue cards and exile him to the Gobi Desert to interview ants instead!!!

The other members where exchanging helpless glances and Onew oppa seemed to be raking his mind to think of a solution to get out of this mess.

I groaned. Aish! Screw it all!

I then snatched the banner from Hyo Rin in a quick movement and jumped up from my seat while swinging the banner like crazy. I tried not to think of the humiliating act I was about to perform and shouted at the top of my lungs: “JONGHYUN O-OPPA, SARANGHAE!!!”

 

-----------------------------

Kekekeke, jealous Jjong~~! *^^*