LOVE ... THE GREATEST GIFT

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

---Months have passed by as love between Hyosung and Jay blossomed like a rose in a spring day, their tie grew stronger. Hyosung was doing well in her studies when Jay gave all his might into dancing in various competitions. ---

                                                                             ************************************************

                ---Autumn has come and Seattle looked even more gracious those days wearing its golden coat made of falling leaves scattered all round carried by the gentle wind. Hyosung was waiting for Jay at the airport; she missed Jay very much and was unable to hide her excitement as she waited for him for almost two months.  She was waiting impatiently for his flight to land fixing her hair from time to time and checking her make –up once every 10 minutes.---

---30 minutes later ---

            All the passengers came out but there was no Jay, worried she waited a little bit longer while looking around her thinking she might have missed him…she just stood there dazzled, when her phone rang:

“Hi, my star,”shouted Jay from the other end of the line. (Hyosung was at the same time glad and disappointed. Glad that she could hear his voice and that he was safe, but disappointed because he wasn’t there like he promised he will be.)

“I am sorry but because of some delay in schedule I couldn’t make it …I’ll just take the next flight like in …tomorrow.” He added.

Hyosung couldn’t hide her disappointment and sighed not saying much but "okay". When she was about to hung up: “Wait my Star…can you go to my apartment? I need you to check something for me,” he added in a hurry.

       Hyosung headed directly to the apartment, she grabbed the keys hidden in the flower pot as she was told and entered closing the door, she heard music being played, someone just started singing: Hyosung approached following the voice and then she just covered her open mouth astonished as she froze in her spot; she couldn’t believe …she blinked her eyes multiple times: “Jay …what …”, but she couldn’t interrupt that singing voice, she never knew how good of a singer he was, she just listened there shaking at the soothing voice, that emotion, that slow R&B ballad …his voice was so fresh and the emotion just run in softly. When Jay finished he came closer to her and gave her flowers but Hyosung just hugged him and cried: “I thought you were not coming …I missed you so much…why did you lie to me, you naughty …I thought you forgot’, who spoke still holding onto him. When he felt her tears on his shoulder, Jay let go of the flowers and just hugged her back even tighter: ‘you know …I will never forget the day my star fell from the sky and now she’s here with me.’

Hyosung looked at him smiling through her tears when Jay whipped them away kissing her cheeks repeatedly asking her not to cry. 

Jay took her hand and asked her to close her eyes when he put something on the palms of her joined hands: “Happy birthday …Hyosung –ahh”

Hyosung opened her eyes and then opened the little box right away but with care: “wow Jay, it is beautiful…really thanks but it must have been really expensive…you shouldn’t have…,’ she paused being so touched by his gesture.

Jay: “I have one just like it, well manlier, I should emphasize showing his wrist, “it is not much compared to the love I have for you here inside my heart,’ pointing to his heart. Hyosung looked at her bracelet closer when she found the inscription: ’My Love, Always’ engraved between two hearts:

Jay: “that’s a reminder to both of us that: despite the distance whether far from you or just here with you, my love for you will never change in density, I’ll love you like yesterday, today, and tomorrow  and even more till the end of time,” putting the bracelet on her.

           Hyosung just stared at him and thought of how she loved him, she couldn’t say anything because she thought that no word can reflect what she was feeling right at this moment of time, those words even the ‘I love you ‘ would never do her feelings justice. She just stared at this guy who stole her heart from her, she couldn’t tell but he had her all.

As he lifted his head saying it looked great on her, Hyosung kissed him her arms around his neck tears falling from her closed eyes thinking how her life would have been so meaningless if she didn’t meet him. 

 

*****************************************************

^ __________________________________^