Still in the Dark (Part Two)

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

*** The day after, in the morning...***

       Despite the fact that Hyosung was blind for four years by now, she never got over that darkness thinking as she felt the sun beams shining through her face: how she missed to see the bright days and everything that came along. But that's who she is now... She sighed as her phone rang: "Good morning sunshine^^ I want you to go out with me this evening. I'll come and get you after I finish my schedule, is it fine with you?""

Hyosung smiled brightly and said in a heartbeat: "I want to go to that coffee shop, the one we used to go to when we were kids...I missed it so much."

Taeyang: "I'll take you anywhere you want...So, will 08:00 pm be okay with you?"

Hyosung joyfully agreed: "well, then, see you at eight^^"

******** Jay's POV *******

                Jay had barely time to sleep because he was such a busy person with his shows, interviews and such ... There he was standing waiting for his turn to sing when Jessica came in running to him and hugged him without giving him much time to react. Jessica is a very stubborn woman and kept telling anyone she met that she and Jay were going out, this news haven't been delayed till it reached Ricky's ears (Jay's ex- band member and Jessica's ex- boyfriend)

Jay was glad that it was his turn to sing in order to get out of Jessica’s burdening and annoying companionship. The lights were off and Jay took that tiny moment to sneakily seek for that face again: “will she come? …maybe…maybe…”, he kept wishing restlessly; but, no she wasn’t there. The cheers were so high and loud but Jay couldn’t help but feel that all the loud cheers of the world could never conceal his burning longing for the one he loved and missed so much. He put his hand on his heart with his head down and closed his eyes, imagining Hyosung’s angelic face cheering for him with a bright wide smile. His tears run down his cheeks against his wish of stopping them but he was thankful that no one could see him like that as his tears got mixed with the sweat that was covering his face.   He went backstage grabbing the towel that his manager handed him and just sat there to catch his breath, for after all that was happening to him was so overwhelming: to comeback again and live the dream he thought he’d never get the chance to achieve… But, Jay soon regained touch with reality as his manager reminded him of his next schedule: “Jaebum-ah… we have to go to the filming location of your new movie … it’s a three- hours drive away. Get up let’s go.” Even though Jay was so busy, he couldn’t take his mind off of her, she was with him, in him, in his veins, in his heart, in his memory with every heartbeat, with every second; she was there.

Jay always found the strength to work because of those memories he had of her, hoping to find an answer for how and when did things go so wrong. Jay immersed himself in work in an attempt to forget ending up working for straight five hours till late at night. Meanwhile, ….

*******************************

               Hyosung stood leaning on the side of the open window waiting for Taeyang as she felt the night’s gentle breeze playing affectionately with her goldish wavy hair. With a happy heart, she could smell the scent of the beautiful flowers spread everywhere throughout the garden; a scent that urged her to forget all the sadness and hope for a better future: to learn to be happy accepting what life offered her at this very moment. After all, to have a second chance to live shouldn’t be wasted on lamenting oneself on what’s gone. Hyosung could smile now and surely that Taeyang finally came to get her: “good evening, sunshine. What a beautiful night…” as he hugged her tightly like he was hugging a large teddy bear and then added, as he looked at her again: “but it’s not as beautiful as you…”, as he planted a gentle kiss on her cheek.

Taeyang escorted Hyosung to his car and drove off under the caring and watching eyes of her brother Jaejoong. Hyosung asked if it wasn’t too much for him to come see her after having a long and tiring concert; but Taeyang just smiled at her holding her hand, “being with you just wipes all the weariness and dullness of a life of a celebrity. Being with you makes me feel normal…so, let us enjoy tonight, right?” Hyosung just nodded along and smiled as she waved her hand out of the car’s window. Now, it seemed that everything has gotten back to normal.

As they arrived to the coffee shop, Hyosung looked so excited and radiating in her little red mini dress. She couldn’t stop asking Taeyang about how the shop looked, if everything remained the same as she left it before going to Seoul few years ago. Taeyang made her feel the place at every corner and took her to the table they used to sit; it was just in the middle of the room facing the shop’s huge glass entry. They just sat there and laughed recalling their childhood memories and the numerous stupid things they did. Taeyang just stared at her as she spoke with a huge smile on her face; he was so glad to see that Hyosung went back to her older self. Hyosung stopped talking and asked: “Taeyang-ah, are you listening to me?” Taeyang remained silent till Hyosung asked him again.

Taeyang put his hand on her cheek carefully caressing her and said with a soft voice: “I’m glad you’re back, sunshine. You’re so gorgeous when you smile like that …”

Hyosung got embarassed and her cheeks turned slightly pink that she took her juice and drank it all at once. And Taeyang just watched her with a big smile at the thought of how cute she was…just playing with her hair messing it slightly, teasing her with her cutesy act.

*******************************

               Jay got off work a bit earlier than expected and went out to meet with some of his b-boy friends. As it was a bit late, he thought of getting a coffee on his way but as he was walking by, something or someone caught his attention… He couldn’t move his feet and suddenly everything felt dumb and his heart bit so hard against his ribcage that it felt like he was about to faint on the spot. He leant more on the glass with wide open eyes at the choking encounter as he couldn’t bring himself to believe who he just saw (witnessing the cute scene between Taeyang and Hyosung) In fact, he didn’t know how to feel about seeing Hyosung again torn between happiness and anger, delight or frustration, relief or worry,… But, he felt such a strong outrage,distraught, and betrayal that unknowingly he found himself standing right in front of Hyosung …

 

*** To be continued …***