First Date, Second Kiss!?

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

--- At the Dance Studio ---      

                   ---  Jay played some music and began dancing: his moves were so clean and smooth that it seemed like he was dancing on water, he was as one with the music and so focused. Hyosung thought that beside his goofy personality, he was much himself when dancing. She could feel his passion and love for dance and music, he kept smiling; he was happy! She thought of him as an artist for his body language was speaking to her not through words but through the art of movement. --- 

         Hyosung got suddenly interrupted from her daydream by sweaty Jay who asked her to join him on the floor. She shyly refused and looked away through the window so as to avoid his hypnotizing stare. But Jay as pushy as he was with his sense of leadership, just dragged her against her will: “I saw you dance last time…you were perfect…just trust me and follow my lead.”Hyosung couldn’t argue no more

So Jay began to show her the routine and Hyosung was observing him intensively in order not to make a fool of herself. Some moves were basics but in some other parts they were challenging. As they began dancing together Hyosung couldn’t get some steps right so Jay had to grab her fromthe waist to guide her. As soon as he put his hands on her,  she couldn’t help but blush and tremble like a little leaf: her pulse accelerating with each step he moved with her.

               After a couple of hours, Hyosung looked more relaxed and comfortable; they laughed together as she made cute mistakes like stepping on his feet or bumping into him when she miscounted her steps.

             They took a break and sat on the floor and Jay handed her a bottle of juice saying: “you are so good!! You mastered it no time when most people would fail,”complimenting her. Hyosung just smiled at him. Time has passed by as they talked about nothing and everything, laughing here and there and didn’t notice that it was getting dark.

Hyosung got up in a rush searching for her jacket: “It’s getting late, I should get going.”

Jay: “Wait, I’ll take you. It’s late and I don’t want you to go alone.”, he suggested.

                                                                         

                                                                                     *************************************************

          A strange awkwardness haunted the silent atmosphere as they walked, with one waiting for the other to start a conversation. Jay thought it was appropriate for him to start talking: “For…”, when another voice echoed simultaneously: “I just…”. They stopped and faced other in the middle of the busy street smiling at each other.

Hyosung: “Okay…you go first.”

Jay: “Well, I just wanted to apologize for  last time, I was out of the line …you must have hated me?... I couldn’t help it, I thought that Andrew was making a move on you …I didn’t know he had a girlfriend actually!! I mean…and…me  …you…ki…,” stuttering scratching the back of his head.

Hyosung moved closer to him, looked intensively in his eyes and then took his face onto her hands and kissed him preventing him from saying anything more. Jay’s eyes widened from surprise, he kissed her without hesitation pulling her even closer surrounding her with his arms. Time froze when they sealed their lips as they consumed the perfect kiss as a mutual and an ultimate  promise for an eternal love.

--- The starry night’s breeze and the streets’ lights oversized the splendor of this moment as a commemoration of a blossoming young love between those two precious souls being selected by destiny to meet up amidst a chaotic world. ---

                                                             .......................................………………....

           They kept walking, stealing gazes at each other from the corners of their eyes. Jay, cautiously, took Hyosung’s hand who smiled back at him in  approval. They strolled down the large street looking at the various stores when something caught Jay’s attention:

“Wait for me here, I’ll be back right now,” before going in a jewelry store.

Hyosung kept waiting outside looking at some items presented by some street merchants.

                                                         

                                                               *****************************************

--- JAY' S POV ---

 “Hi, can you show me those couple bracelets you have, the ones made in white gold?”

“Certainly, sir! Here they are! …Those are one of a kind in the whole world straight from Italy”, explained the vendor.  

Jay examined them pleased with what he saw when the seller added, “You can engrave whatever you want here at the back, just write it on that paper and it will be ready in a couple of days.”

Before writing, he sneaked a glance at Hyosung making sure she was outside; he wrote something on the piece of paper and paid. When he was about to leave  he heard someone screaming; it was Hyosung!

 

                                                                    ************************************************

           Hyosung was checking some items when someone approached her asking what time it was. Hyosung answered gently that she didn’t know because she hadn’t her phone on her and ignored him.

“Why don’t we make this night count, you beautiful?”, said the stranger, "we'll have a hot time together, I'll make sure," he added provocatively.

"Excuse me? Just leave me alone, you ert," she answered disgusted and avoided him.

The drunk man kept following her and grabbed her from her arm forcing her to go with him, but Hyosung screamed hard that made him let go of her. Jay came out of the store and run straight on the guy making him fall backwards on the ground. Then, Jay turned instinctively to Hyosung asking her if she was doing okay: "are you hurt, did he touch you 'cause I swear I'll kill him right now, just say the word, I don't care!", screamed Jay furious.

Hyosung: "No, he is not worthy, I'm fine," reassured him but Jay couldn't hold back his anger and grabbed the guy, still on the floor, from his collar and started throwing hard punches on him, restlessly, like it was no tomorrow. Hyosung stepped in and held Jay's arm tightly begging him to stop as she cried looking at the man's face soaked in blood.

Jay got up instantly and hugged Hyosung: " it's okay, I'm here ... I got your back," kissing her repeatedly on the forehead while the beaten guy just run away swinging like a bowling pin trying to find his way out of the crowd.

Hyosung: "I'm not crying because of that guy ... just don't you ever do that to me again,' as she hit him on the cheast, leaving him behind.

Jay laughed and then run after her: "So, you were worried about me? ... Okay... you know that if anyone tries any of those funny tricks, I just take them down like a lion protecting his jungle, I'll be there." jumping like a little kid around her, then he added: "you are so cute when you're angry ..."

Hyosung took his arm to silence him and smiled leaning her head on him as they walked slowly to her dorm.

 

                                                                  *****************************************************

Hyosung: "I had a really great time...^^" while seeking her keys.

Jay: "Huh? Despite everything... well then, I had a great first date  too," he answered wittily as he winked at her.

Hyosung: " I should go now! Good night!!", opening the door.

Jay: "Good night ...  '별' ( my star) ," as he walked backwards staring at her till she disappeared behind the closing door.

--- Hyosung leaned her back on the door closing it behind her thinking of this unstoppable feeling that haunted her; she was both afraid of this intense undescribable attraction but at the same time she was thrilled and filled with this excitement of loving someone so much in such a short time but what made her even happier is that enormous satisfaction and security she felt being lloved by someone: an experience worth thousand words, as she sighed opening her eyes.---

                                       

                                          ****************************************************************************************