Still in the Dark (Part One)

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

*** Back to the present days, four years after the accident...***        

 **** Jaejoong never saw his sister so quiet but didn't dare to ask her fearing to upset her more. It was clear for him that his sister had more going on her mind than just the accident. He knew his sister so well as he was aware how strong she was in facing obstacles with cheerfulness and how she was always the one to lighten up the mood when he was upset and how she was the first to give him the hope and strength in facing life after their parents passed away. But now, he felt so helpless in front of her; he knew something hurt her so much that the wound is still there and he wes so sad that he couldn't make her open up her heart to him for whenever he asked her she just smiled back at him telling her she was okay.-- So, the ride back home was quiet until they reached their house.---

Just steps away from their door steps, Hyosung could hear whispering voices of two people cutely arguing with each other that she immediately recognized them as her best friends Taeyang and Minzy. She smiled lightely but regained her composure so as not to waste her friends' efforts away as they wanted to surprise her. So, Minzy jumped on her hugging her while Taeyang joined in shouting: "surprise, sunshine^^"

"Wow, Minzy, Teayang-ah...I missed you soooooo much..." as they laughed all together entring the house.

Jaejoong was so happy for his sister having such faithful and caring friends while serving them with some drinks. Taeyang stood up in a hurry to leave for his schedule and excused himself from the girls' company. But, Jaejoong proposed to walk him out. 

As they reached Taeyang's car, he asked: "Taeyang- ah...did something else happen to Hyo aside from the accident? Did she tell you something?..." Taeyang knew excactly what happened but chose not to say anything as he promised Hyoseung to keep it a secret, so he just shook his head in a "No" and left.

         Jaejoong went in back to the house and told Minzy to stay with his sister for he has a night shift at the hospital and left. Hyosung went outdoors to their backyard and sat down thinking when Minzy came out and sat beside her: "now that, we're alone can you tell me what happened between you and that guy you met in the U.S?" But before answering, Hyosung interrupted her asking her a favor: "can you take me somewhere?...I mean in two months from now" without asking  any questions, Minzy agreed.

***Two months later...***

---Hyosung kept cheking on Jay from the news she heard on radio or tv stations or through Taeyang eventhough she knew he hated doing it. But, to her it was the only way to ease the pain of being not only blind but apart from him and that's how she knew he was having his first appearance to promote his first single.---

             As they arrived at a familiar music station, Minzy asked curious: "Why did you come here? ..." But Hyosung didn't answer her and told her to take her to where the singer Park Jaebum had his show.

While they were sitting in the back in the dark place far from the screaming fans, Hyosung asked her friend to describe everything to her from the stage to the audiance to the singer's outfit and looks when the music started (Jay started singing Abandoned) Hyosung just listened to him with a heavy and sad heart as she listened to the song making sense of Jay's lyrics realizing that they were meant for her. She just wished to go there to the stage and tell him how she didn't abandon him but it was still too dark... She smiled as she felt soo proud of him standig on stage again and she was thankfull. 

Minzy: "he's wearing a very nice black jacket with red stripes on the back, it has his name on it too. He looks amazing..." but she stopped as she saw her friend's tears running own her cheeks as she got up...but , meanwhile...

***Jay' POV***

    Jay was nervous and happy but somehow, he felt that something was missing: the person he promised to sing for. His song is almost coming to end when he spotted someone as the light hit for a second the area in the bak where Hyosun and Minzy were sitting: "could it be...is it really her...?" asked himself almost forgetting to sing his lyrics but, he had to shed that thought away as the young lady was gone already ....

His stage came to an end and he couldn't wait but run directly backstage to look for Hyosung's look alike. But, it was late as she already left. Jay scratched his head and convinced himself to forget when some girl kisse him on the cheek: "nice, seeing here cutie..." it was Jessica again. Jay, just smiled bitterly as her group's members were with her; he greeted them and left hurriedly.

****************

     Without a word, Hyosung cried all the way home telling to her self: "he still wore the jacket I gave him. That fool, he should have forgotten about me by now. It's almost four years since we separated."  Minzy couldn't get around Hyosung's thoughts nor could she reach her heart. Hyosung stopped crying as she arrived home and told Minzy that she needed some time alone. Hyosung went in but soon Taeyang greeted her with his smiling eyes that soon faded away as looked for him with her hand, crying out loud. Taeyang run to her and hugged her begging her to tell him what was wrong with her and calmed her down as they sat out in the backyard.

Hyosung started talking with a sad and shaky voice: "he thinks I abandoned him, that ungrateful fool. I thought that nothing was worse than being blind but I guess, I was wrong. He ripped my heart since he kissed that girl. That day was the worst day in my life." Hyosung, then, started telling her story from the beginning while Taeyang just listened to her comforting her with his caresses.

"You have to let go of him now, sunshine. I can't bear to see you suffer through all  this alone. I know your heart is still longing for him but can't you ...I mean ...you know? I'm here right beside. I love you...and I ..." but he got interrupted as Hyosung fell asleep on his shoulder as tears escaped from the corner of her eyes. Taeyang just looked at her striking her hair tucking it behind her ear wondering how such a fine, beautiful, and young woman had to go through so much alone. He felt so sorry for not being able to take her pain away and that he could be nothing but a spectator to her struggle as he put her on her bed, staring at her in the dark room with only the moon's light hitting her angelic face.

*****************************************

 Finally, got the time and will to continue this story despite having forgotten how I wrote it in the first version. I hope you continue reading through having brought some necessary changes to it^^