Trust Me

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

Few days later:

                 --- Hyosung wasn’t really feeling like attending her classes for today, after the first class she decided to leave. The weather was excellent and the sun never did shine so bright like today; the sky was clear as she could see birds soaring so high…but something was on her mind that crashed her brief moment of intimacy with nature; …or shall we say ... SOMEONE? ---

          Hyosung: “Why didn’t I fight him back? All I’m thinking about is that kiss, I just can’t understand that someone I don’t even know his name keeps intruding on my mind? …urgh I’m so frustrated, I can’t think straight,” she thought struggling to find her way through the students who were rushing to their classes.

             Out in the garden, Hyosung was walking slowly, alone holding her books to her chest her head down and absent-minded, when she bumped into someone. Hyosung apologized as she knelt down to grab her books when she saw those long- hands picking them for her.  They stood up at a time and Hyosung bowed to him joyfully but soon after her smile vanished when she recognized her helper. Her expression changed drastically    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ibLXnaSbMLC9fe5VdUhand her face turned red from anger: You? Who are you? A stalker or what? What are you doing here? Just leave me alone?, shouting at him restlessly. She was so furious that she almost hit him with her books.    

           Jay tried to explain to her but couldn’t stop her: "it’s …not …I…I…?" But Hyosung wouldn’t let him finish his sentence till someone called his name afar:

"Jay, Jaaaaaay!," shouted Jane running.

Hyosung turned around and saw her friend running excited, she just dropped her books as she stood clueless at the situation.

"Oh …Jane how are you doing? …you brat,” he said teasing her and playing with her hair.

“Stop Jay, you know I hate it when you do that, I’m not a kid anymore…stop it …you’re embarrassing me,” taking his hand. “oh? Hyosung-ah ... what are you doing here?

Hyosung: “ah what? Who?... I ...Ummm ... I was ...", stuttering like a little child who got busted by her mother.

Jane: “Oh never mind, Hyosung this Jay my big brother, Jay this Hyosung my friend.”

Jay:“Hyosunah it is …huh?, with a sarcastic tone as he shook her hand.

Hyosung: “Your brother? But you never told me you had a brother." biting her lips so hard that she almost bled. 

Jane: "That’s because you never asked , silly!; Wait a minute, have you met before? 

Hyosung: “Absolutely not,” confused, and Jay: yes, we have met before! (Both answering at the same time.)

             --- Hyosung was about to leave when Jay asked her to stay for a while. She refused and made up her mind to go cry herself out at the embarrassing and dispicable situation she put herself in. she felt stupid and she hated herself, " why didn’t I pretend not to recognize him? Now he will think I'm into him," having those inner and  intense arguments with herself. ---

Jay, “Wait …please I have something to say to you …just wait…just …let me axplain”, shouted breathless Jay, running after her.

Jane run after them but eventually had to stop, “ok then I let you guys to whatever you have to do, work it out, 'cause I ain’t dealing with you two.”And hey ... Paboooo brother…you better behave yourself,” she added, shouting while Jay and Hyosung just ignored her and kept running.

Jane sighed disappointed, “don’t worry about my birthday …I’ll just …aishhh ... wahatever!”and went on to her class. 

                                                          ******************************************************

              Jay run even faster and confronted Hyosung making her stop: "Wait... I'm really ..." but he got interrupted once again as Hyosung tried to shake off his hands from over her shoulders. Jay in fear of hurting her like the last time, just backed off and let her be. However, he couldn't let it end at that point and followed her back. He instantly grabbed her hand and made her follow her. Hyosung kept struggling and shouting at him: "What? Are you trying to me this time?", but Jay didn't answer.

             Hyosung as stubborn as she was kept hitting him with her books on the head, which made him let go of her eventually. Both breathless  took a moment to gather their strength and breath again. They kept looking at each other and coincidentally, started laughing out loud. Hyosung noticed a redish spot on the high left side of his forhead: "Did it hurt alot?" as she tried to touch it, but Jay turned his head and replied that it didn't. 

Jay: "Come with me, I have some place to show you, just don't ask anything and trust me." pleading her with his charming gaze. 

                                 

                                                                              ********************************************************

                                         

               ---Here they were, in this narrow street so lifeless and lightless because of those old high buildings. It felt somehow nostalgic to Hysong, she has never been to places like these; it felt like time stopped: it was like those historical monuments that stood against time telling you: "we have been here and we are still here." Hyosung's heartfelt moment was disrupted when Jay called to join him; it was an old abandoned dance studio. She carefully stepped in and looked around in curiosity and amazement, scanning every inch of it; contrary to the outside: it was painted with multiple colourful graffitis, there were mirrors at one huge surface and the lights were up in every corner, it was beautiful.---

  Jay: "So this is my secret world, and I really meant  'secret', till now." smiling brightly as he talked, "this is where I come to escape my reality, I just come here to practice my moves  in order not only to forget but also to remember." he said as his expression turned more serious.

Hyosung: "Huh? How is that?" asked naively.

Jay: "My life hasn't always been good, I had ups and downs like everyone else. Whenever something bad happened, whether I felt down or lonely I just come here and dance. I am not that good with words so I just express myself through dancing. I always remind myself to keep it cool and remember who I am and where I came from because that is the most important thing for me."

              Hyosung couldn't believe what she was hearing, seeing this other side of Jay was unexpected. Behind his daring personality, this sensibility and devotion was imprinted in him. She couldn't utter a word, she just stood there staring at him: he looked somehow sad as if he just had aa flashback about a bitter experience. But she felt like she doesn't have the right to ask him ... at least not yet...

Hyosung: "I can trust you now!", she said deep down her heart without being heard.

(Hyosung didn't feel threatened or afraid anymore, she just felt that she could trust him eventhough he was a stranger, or something like that because at least now, she knows his name and plus he was her friend's big brother. But honestly, she just wanted to go bacause she found him attractive ...plus  was so y when he spoke English^^ )

 

                                                    *************************************************************************