A Second Chance

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

 

                      It didn’t matter if there was no light in the room, her heart could quite feel the darkness not only that of her nights but of her days, too. When everything seemed to be fine and her life resumed its course as she accepted her fate, he had to appear in front of her like a haunting ghost from a painful memory. Their unexpected encounter didn’t only bring all the bad memories back, but it opened old wounds again. She helplessly crawled into her bed trying to suffocate her sobs with the pillow but it was all hard to take all in. What hurt Hyosung the most, was not only the agony of meeting Jay again, but her sorrow of not being able to see his face. As much as she wanted to hate him for wronging her, she just couldn’t help but feel the love inside her heart be rekindled so fast. As much as she tried to repress those feelings for the past four years, they just burst out of her soul, mind and body like unstoppable fireworks.  Indeed, the moment she heard his voice again was a mere excuse to love him all over again.

                             It wasn’t the fact that she was alone in her dark room that made her so afraid, but rather the fact that she hasn’t felt so alone in her whole life. She was afraid to be alone in love and wondered if Jay did have any feelings left for her- as she kept replaying his angry words in her head-  Could it be possible that Jay got over her? …”Why not…?” she thought, for, after all, he has a new life: a life that didn’t include her.

--- It was with these unsecure wild thoughts that our Hyosung fell asleep as she dreamt about the happy times she spent with Jay: when love was so easy back than and when life was more tolerant of her… ---

 

In the Meantime…

                            Taeyang told Jay about how Hyosung followed his news and spent hours listening to his songs and even went to his first broadcast for his comeback show. Jay just listened and nodded confirming that indeed: it was Hyosung he mistook for a trick of his imagination. Jay couldn’t sit still; as a young man who didn’t know how to express his feelings; he didn’t know what to do and how to react. He wanted to shout and scream out of despair and frustration, he wanted to hit something to let go of the pain out of his chest. But above all, he wanted to run to Hyosung and to kneel to ask for forgiveness; after all, she was the one who suffered the most. But before doing that there was one person to reprimand for all of this: Jessica!

                            Jay felt the urge to go and confront Jessica, so he excused himself and started running. He ran and ran and ran until his legs gave up: he stood there for a moment, in the middle of the empty street (intersection), and shouted in pain: “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh~~~…” He ran some more until he arrived to Jessica’s dorm. He knocked on the door angrily and uncontrollably till someone opened, and it was Jessica.

                            Jessica jumped on him and hugged him, but Jay couldn’t take any longer and pushed her away. He trough her on the wall, pressing her against it and started shouting at her: “What word don’t you understand when I say LEAVE ME ALONE…?” But Jessica just ignored his angry tone and went on to caress his face with her hand when, suddenly, he grabbed it and slammed it into the wall: “don’t you ever come near me or Hyosung again, do you understand?” Jessica just looked at him with such composure and just smirked: “So, you’re still thinking about that lowlife being. Do you still love her?...That bi*** got nothing on me, babe…” Jay couldn’t believe his ears and threw a punch into the hard wall: “I swear to God… If you weren’t a girl, I would have smashed that fake face of yours…don’t you get it? …YOU’ve got nothing on her, so don’t you dare dissing her like that…After all what do you know about LOVE?” Jay continued as he got closer to her face: “What does that icy heart of yours know about love? All you think about is your own little person. Hyosung was the one who taught me everything about love and she was the one to give me a second chance in life when you ruined everything for me. She helped me to stand up when it felt like I was never going to walk again. And how do I thank her? … I made her become blind and live a miserable life…She didn’t complain while I blamed her. All this time she held on to me and what did I do?... I fu***ing let go of her. But I can’t blame you, for I was the one to be fooled. So, don’t you dare show your fake a** bi*** in front of me, EVER AGAIN”

                            Jay was about to leave when Jessica clung into him begging him to not break up with her; Jay looked at her with disgust and said with such coldness: “Were we together in the first place? Don’t be full of yourself!!”

************************

                             When he was finally far away from Jessica, Jay grabbed his phone and called Taeyang: “Hey buddy! I need to fix this and I need your help … Can you do me a favor?...

Taeyang answered gladly: “Sure!!! What is it? …” 

 

       -------------------------------

I hope you're liking it so far and I apologize to my faithful readers for the delay in updating^^