Should I Tell Her?

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

…………………………… FOUR YEARS AGO…………………………

            ---Hyosung is a bright, smart and easy-going young girl. She just turned 21 and is nearly graduating from college majoring in performing arts. She knows how to enjoy her life and treasures everything around her. Though her life was simple, she loved every aspect of it; living optimistically each day. She loves her elder brother Jaejoong, he was her only family after her parents died in a car accident when she was young (she can’t even remember their faces clearly now. But, they were always in her heart) and closest friends (Taeyang and Minzy whom she knew since she was six and shared the same dream of becoming famous ever since) She got along with everybody; she was a loveable, cheerful and bright young woman.---

                                                            …………………………………………………

Hyosung: “Oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”, she cried running throughout the living room to the kitchen.

“I got it …I got it!!”, as she tried to breathe again.

Jaejoong: “What…what’s going on?” , startled.

Hyosung: “I got it oppa, the scholarship to study in the USA.”  , crying tears of joy.

                   (Hyosung had her dreams of making big: she wanted to become an actress)

 Jaejoong: “Well done my angel. I’m so proud of you.” 

He added, “But …but …when are you leaving …how …for how long will you be gone?”

“In 15 days …it is just for two years …”, she replied smiling.

“Well …then …I cannot stand between you and your dream…I wish you all the best.”

“Thanks oppa... you are the best”, as she kissed him on the forehead.

“you know that I will always support you”, while hugging Hyosun tightly (remembering their mother’s last wish when she told him to take care, love his sister and support her no matter what, right before closing her eyes).

Jaejoong got interrupted when Hyosung phone started ringing…It is Taeyang: “Oppa …gotta get this…oh…see you later!”, as she went to her room.

She answered her phone in excitement,“Hello …Hi, Taeyang-ah.”

“Oh…Hyonsun-ah! Hurry up …tell me …did you get your scholarship?”

“You won’t believe it. I got it finally…I’m going to the U.S.A …soon!!!”

Taeyang’s voice lowered a bit, “Oh…really …congratulation…”

Hyosun asked worried, “Hey…are you okay…what’s wrong?”

“I just…well…I’ll miss you sunshine’!” (that’s how he called her)

“Ok…let’s meet up soon…you have to buy me dinner this time…you bring Minzy too”, cheering him up.

“Okay…I’ll come to get you at 7:00 pm…is it alright?

“Yeah …7pm …sounds great…see you later…I gotta go to college I have class…bye”, hanging up.  

         ---As he hung up the phone, he felt such pain crawling up to his chest as he sank into his deep thoughts: how can I tell her now? Why did she have to leave when I wanted to hold on to her? But soon before going further, a hand tapped his shoulder softly bringing him up to his reality. “Oppa…it’s time for us to go, we are up next.”, asked him Minzy. (it was at the big concert of YG Family: YG is Taeyang Label as well as Minzy’s; being  part of the popular groupc BB and 21 respectively) ---

                                                              …………………………………………………………

At 7 pm:

Taeyang arrived at Hyonsung’s house accompanied by Minzy.

Minzy: “I”ll go call unnie…you wait for us …okay?”

Minzy ran over and rang the bell and it was Jaejoong who opened: “Minzy yang…how have you been little rascal?”, teasing her; “Come in.”

Minzy: “no oppa not this time…is unnie ready? Unnie…Unnie ... hurry Taeyang oppa is waiting outside…!”She shouted.

“Taeyang?  Where is he?”, asked Jaejoong

Minzy: “Right there …pointing at the car.”

When Hyosung came out running …”Let’s go Minzy! …bye  oppa.”

Jaejoong: “Taeyang-ah take care of my angel …have fun aedera!!!”, watching them until they were gone.

Minzy: “unnie …congrats…you’ve made it…”

Hyosung: “Komawo…how are you guys and how was the concert? You seem tired…I really wanted to go but I had classes.”

Taeyang: “it was great …it was hyper…like real …and our members send you their best wishes!!”

Hyosung: “ahhh …really…I miss them …I hope they’re all doing good.”  (Hyosung used to hang out in YG as a trainee before withdrawing to persue her dreams)

---(They arrived at BLACKJACK restaurant, then Minzy told Hyosung to close her eyes as Taeyang escorted her in)---

          Hyosung was shaking from excitement and she kept asking what was going on when everybody shouted: “Tchoukahae Hyosung …Tchoukahae.”

(there was BB members, 21 members, and finally Doojoon and Dongwoo of B2ast)

         Hyosung opened her eyes and she could not believe that her friends gathered for her and organized this surprise party. Sensitive as she was, she began crying thinking how much blessed she was while the others started patting her asking her not to cry. She tried to stop but tears kept falling and began to thank everybody: “Well this is quiet of a surprise…I just want to thank god for having you in my life, I am so grateful and I love you all. I won’t forget you and I certainly will miss you all. Thank you.”

         Daesung: “You should thank Taeyang-ee hyoung…he organized all of this and threatened us if we ever dared not to come.”, making everyone laugh whereas Taeyang blushed shyly.

Hyosung turned to him and hugged him: “Thank you …chingoo-ya.”

Taeyang: “You’re welcome sunshine.”

(so the night went on: chatting and laughing until Hyosung remembered that she had to go home before midnight or else her brother would worry.)

23:30pm:

          Hyosung stood up looking at the clock: “Guys …I’m really sorry but I have to go…thanks again till we meet again I bid you farewell.”

---(Most of her friends were active in their respective groups with promotions and concerts around the world so they also would be gone for the rest of the year)---

Doojoon and GD: “take care of yourself maybe we’ll meet there when we’ll have our concert at New York city.”, they shouted simultaneously.

Hyosung: “Arassoyoe…I’ll miss you everybody.”, heading towards the door followed by Taeyang.

         Now at her door step, Taeyang thought of telling her about his feelings but he decided not to because it wasn’t really the right moment to do so and plus he was abruptly interrupted by Jaejoong.

They bade farewell to each other and as the door got shut behind him, Taeyang drugged himself through heavy footsteps thinking:

“Damn, I am such a coward …I couldn’t utter a word…how stupid”, lamenting himself thinking he will regret this moment forever.

***************************************************************************************************************************