Moment of Truth

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

                  Jay stood right behind Taeyang rolling his fists in an attempt to control his temper but he couldn’t help but shake at the sight of Hyosung after all these years. There she was having fun with some guy while he was coping with his misery.

Hot boiling blood rushed into his head at a firing speed that he felt that he could turn that place upside down and destroy everything. He looked at her with aching pain thinking about how she ignored him just standing there like a fool. Jay clenched his teeth and took a deep breath and spoke with a sarcastic tone:  “So, you’re having much fun without me, huh?” Hyosung couldn’t believe whose voice she just heard and just everything rushed through her head again as painful flashbacks and her hands started trembling from terror.

Taeyang turned around and saw the furious Jay, and when their eyes met, just everything went out of control. Jay confronted Taeyang shaking him out of his seat by grabbing him from his colar screaming at him: “What the hell are you doing with my girl, you bastard?” and then looking at Hyosung, “all this time I was looking for you and you left me for him? You didn’t even have the decency to tell me to my face and you just run away with him?...”

Hyosung stuttered but why was it so hard for her to say his name now, this name now brought only pain to her: “J…..Ja…...Jay?....Jay?...” as she stood searching for him with  her shaky hands and worried face. But before knowing it, Jay already threw his fists on Taeyang throwing him down. Hyosung screamed and begged them to stop but fell hurting her leg. She looked for her cane, sobbing hard and begging them to stop but Jay and Taeyang were too busy fighting to hear her. Not being able to bear seeing her cry, Taeyang grabbed Jay from his jacket and furiously shook him: “Look at her, god damnit ! She is f***ing blind, you punk…she can’t see nothing…” Jay looked at Hyosung like his spirit left his body and just stood still and immobile without a sound, without a word; he was making a step towards Hyosung but Taeyang was first to get to her and hugged her as she trembled between his arms like a scared and confused fragile little child crying out loud while she hugged Taeyang fearing that he would let go of her: “take me out of here, Taeyang. I want to go home, please?!” Taeyang comforted her as he helped her stand on her feet and called Dara right away. Meanwhile, Jay couldn’t feel any strength in his whole body and succumbed to his agony that penetrated his heart like poisonous daggers as Hyosung passed right beside him.

---Dara came in a hurry and took Hyosung away after Taeyang put so much effort to calm her down and then, he went right back in to Jay. He thought it was time to end the suffering caused by misunderstanding for the sake of both parties. He went past the absent minded Jay, who was still standing there in the same posture like a figurine, and he ordered some drinks. ---

            Taeyang: “let us go somewhere quiet. We need to talk…” he asked handing a drink to Jay who took a moment to respond as he nodded silently in shame (couldn’t lift his head till they found a bench to sit on in a nearby deserted park. Jay didn’t utter a word and kept on drinking and drinking trying to process what he just saw: he couldn’t erase that picture from his mind; how scared and vulnerable she looked, and how he didn’t understand how she did end up like that. He regretted making her suffer furthermore. He was certain that he hurt her when it wasn’t his initial intention. How stupid was he?  He kept thinking and thinking till Taeyang broke the silence: “I never thought to meet like this but I want to congratulate you on you comeback to the music scene, that’s so brave …” (Taeyang had always respected Jay since their trainee days and he was closest to Jay out of Jay’s former members. So, he was glad to see him and understood why he acted like that very well.)

But Jay could care less about all that, all he had on his mind where all the whys he could ask: “But why?... Why didn’t she tell me? …Why is she like that?... Why did she leave me without a word?... Why?...Why?...Why?...All I’m asking is why?...” as he looked at Taeyang angry but most importantly hurt.

Taeyang put his drink away and looked at him with such calmness and composure: “You should be the one to ask yourself that: why?”

Jay looked puzzled and couldn’t understand: “What do you mean by that?...”

Taeyang felt sorry for Jay: “it all started that day you left,... at the airport… (telling the story all over again)”

             Jay couldn’t believe what he just heard and gazed emptily into the space holding his face into his hands but collected himself: “are you saying that all she has been through was because of me? And I went around blaming her and even hating her at times. I missed her so much that I could die. I see her wherever I go, I smell her scent averywhere, I miss her at every second, and I love her to death. How could I hurt her like this?” (He explained what happened with Jessica that day and how she was the one to kiss him first…)

              At that moment, Taeyang realized that Jay and Hyosung were meant for each other and that he had no right to interfere between them. Destiny has sealed their hearts and their love was meant to be.

 

**********************************

I hope you liked it so far...^^