From the Darkness Comes the Light

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

The next morning …

                  It was a sunny beautiful day and Hyosung could feel the sun’s beams brush her pale face as it woke her up. She tried to open her eyes but she felt so sleepy, dizzy and heavy as she didn’t sleep throughout the night. After all, she didn’t want to get out of her bed and let alone move on in her daily routine like nothing happened. The flashbacks were so vivid that she felt so frail covering her ears as Jay’s words echoed in the corners of her head. More than that, she was so hurt that her whole body ached to the pain that no painkiller would succeed to cure. At each attempt of forgetting it became more and more intense. Little could she do when her tears went dry and she just went back burying herself in her bed as her phone rang:

“Good morning sunshine! Listen to me carefully and don’t even try to argue with me.” spoke Taeyang in a rush as he continued without stopping, “meet me at the old bus station outside town at 9 am sharp and don’t try making up excuses. See you later.” And he hung up without giving Hyosung a chance to respond: “but… wait…hello… hello?...” Hyosung just sighed and got out of her bed.

 

At the bus station…

                  Jaejoong dropped his sister after making sure to tell her for the thousandth time to stay put and to wait for Taeyang. He kissed her on the cheek and left for work. Hyosung just sat there and waited as she closed her eyes and hummed a song to the gentle breeze’s melody that played like harmony. She wore a white one piece mini dress and she looked like an angle as her long and curly blond hair reflected the sun’s brightness. She waited and waited but Taeyang wasn’t showing up any time soon.

                 Jay was driving his car and saw Hyosung from afar. He parked his car few yards away and just sat there admiring her angelic beauty. If he was a painter, he would draw thousands and thousands of pictures that he could go crazy. Her dazzling beauty made the whole scenery even better and more magical that it felt like he just got into a beautiful dream. He thought of thousands of ways to apologize, thousands of words he could say to her, thousands of reasons to get her back. But at the same time, there were thousands of worries preventing him from having her. He could think of thousands of things that drew them apart but at the same time, he got only one reason to love her for if he doesn’t have her, death should be more merciful than having to spend one more second without her. She was, she is and she will be the love of his life and for that he didn’t have to find thousands of reasons to back that up. He was about to grab the huge bouquet of flowers he brought when he heard her scream:

“What are you doing?... leave me alone!... who are you?...” as she tried to free herself from her masked aggressor who tried to take her to his car.

                       Jay couldn’t believe what was happening in front of his eyes and just run towards Hyosung.

He jumped kicking him taking Hyosung behind his back. Hyosung was so confused that she couldn’t utter a word in panic. The masked man got up and took out a knife out of his pocket and threatened Jay with it. Jay turned to Hyosung and said: “don’t be afraid and never let go of my hand…” Hyosung got even more confused and started stuttering shaking: “Jay?! What are you doing here?...” But before he could answer, the mysterious man tried to stab him but Jay could avoid it in time but in the process, he made Hyosung fall down hurting her head into the station’s huge glass. Jay hurried to her as she seemed to have lost consciousness when the man jumped on him from behind and Jay struggled to take him off of him. The man was about to grab the knife that he dropped when he struggled with Jay when the latter took off his mask. The man looked at Jay but Jay could not react to the shocking surprise; he just took two steps back and stood there but the man didn’t give him a chance to respond but just stabbed him. Jay was now face to face to the culprit who was so familiar: “Ricky?... But…Why?...”

But his counterpart didn’t answer and just took off. Jay didn’t think of his wound and just rushed to Hyosung who was still lying on the ground unconscious:

“Baby…are you okay? Please wake up…” as he held her head between his arms showering her with kisses. Hyosung slowly opened her eyes and somehow it was not dark anymore; she could distinguish a blurred face but that was all to it and this time the picture was brighter. Jay helped her stand up and hugged her so tight that he feared to let go of her:

“I’m sorry babe…I’m sorry…I couldn’t protect you for the second time…I’m sorry…I…I …lo…” but Jay couldn’t finish his sentence as he fainted and fell on Hyosung. Jay was on top of her and she moved him aside but she was stupefied as she felt that her hands were covered with blood. She screamed and cried as she tried to get to Jay’s face but it turned out that he was seriously bleeding and the wound was dangerously deep. Hyosung sobbed and just pressed Jay’s wound in order to stop the bleeding when Jay spoke to her as he stretched his arm to reach her face. Hyosung pressed her hand on his (on her cheek) as Jay struggled through the pain:

“Don’t worry babe… don’t cry…everything is gonna be okay… don’t…” but Hyosung interrupted him hestiricly  and shouted through her sobs: “I can’t lose you again …I just…I won’t survive this…I can’t go through it again…there are so many things I want to tell you…I …I …I …Oh GOD!...Jay…please!!???” Jay just caressed her face and smiled putting her hand on his heart: “I’m not going anywhere this time…I will always be there for you, remember the bracelet? …” Hyosung just cried as she kissed him and hugged him: “what to do now? I’m blind Jay…what to do?...Oh god, please??? Heeeeeeeeeeelp… anyone’s there? … Help!!!” At that moment Jay just let go of her hand as he fainted again.

                     

                       Hyosung panicked as she knew that she had to do something to save Jay, but what could she do? She just cried hugging Jay’s face and screamed: “Oh…God, please let me see. I just can’t survive without him… oh God, what shall I do?” as she closed her eyes and lifted her head up to the sky. At that moment Hyosung earnestly felt the urge to see and everything was just as clear when she opened her eyes. Just like that God gave her a second chance in life: a miraculous gift. Hyosung couldn’t believe what just happened to her; even though she had a terrible headache and a fuzzy vision she could manage to spot Jay’s car and just got to it and dragged Jay into the car. She drove crazily fast despite her bad driving skills holding Jay’s hand and crying; praying for him to be saved. They made it to the hospital and Hyosung brother was the one to be called in to handle the arriving patient. But little did he know that his sister was involved in this: his face became so pale when he saw her standing in the hallway shaking and crying. He just went to her and hugged her trying to calm her down. Hyosung could see a blurry face of her brother but couldn’t say much as she only thought of Jay: “oppa… oppa just go to Jay. Just save him…I won’t forgive myself if something happens to him. Jaejoong couldn’t react or do anything for his little sister as he got ready for Jay’s surgery while Hyosung just sat there praying as tears run down her cheeks like rivers. She tried to look around her and she could distinguish the bright lights and the long hallway with figureless people running around; it was not clear yet. It was more like bright flashes in between void moments of absolute nothingness…

 

*************************************

Why did this happen? Who was that familiar attacker? What happens now to Hyosung, will she recover her sight? Was it just temporary …?

To be continued…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please excuse my fangirling: Kyyyyyyaaaaa^^ Jay's expressions here are killing me::)))