TWO FACES OF MY DESTINY (PART 2)

내 사랑, 영원히! (MY LOVE, ALWAYS)

 

 ---  Hyosung was running to catch a bus to go to her audition when she got a voice mail:

Jay: “Hi my star, … I just wanted to tell you that 'I love you'. I didn’t want to see you before leaving in fear I might just drop everything and run back to you, but I have to this for us; just wait for me till I come back stronger, even a better person … I really wished you were by my side. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you good luck and I know that you gonna shine! ... Only 15 minutes left before leaving to Seoul... Hell ... gonna miss you...I'll call you once I'm there ... promise”  

             Hyosung couldn't believe what she was hearing and run without thinking. She just thought it was the right decision to make, be with him more than anything. She was still running when Taeyang called her: “hey sunshine…where are you? I’m in Seattle …” Hyosung told him she was heading to Seattle Airport and that she had something important to tell Jay and told him to wait for her at a café just across the street . It was getting colder and the sky turned grey.

            She saw Jay there standing a couple of feet away in front of  her; she was about to shout his name when someone approached him waving at him like a movie star: she was a young lady with fancy clothes, straight long brown hair and fair skin with one of the finest silhouettes she’d ever seen; she couldn’t recognize her because she was wearing black shades.

                                                                           

**********************************************

 

         --- Thinking about what to expect from the crowd at his arrival to a country that once rejected him was frightening and he secretly wished Hyosung was beside him when he needed her the most. He felt so selfish thinking that way: within him there is this voice praying secretly for Hyosung to come and surprise him and go through the gates of the unknown holding hands. But then again, he knew that it was the best way to protect her and face it alone for her sake believing in him so unconditionally. ---

--- Jay’s POV ---

“Jay …babe…,” cried a voice that sounded terribly familiar.

Jay turned smiling thinking it was Hyosung when she jumped on him: kissing him out of the blue.

            Jay stopped her and pushed her away: “Jessica?...What are you doing here …I mean all after these years …and now this…just stay away from me…I don’t  want to deal with you again…there was nothing between us and nothing will ever happen …,” when he got interrupted: “Jay …I’m sorry babe for not stepping out to tell the truth …but I do love you now!”

“You superficial Bi*** …do you hear me? I am happily in love now with the most gentle, kind and beautiful woman…a woman that you will never be able to compete with…just stay the hell out of my life …you hypocrite” as he took her hand off his arm.

“You ruined my life once …but now I don’t owe you anything …I did what I did back then for the sake of a friend who now hates me just because of you…you chose fame over his love for you and you belittled it… you say you love me? Just spare me the bulls*** …you know nothing about love …you icy princess.” Leaving her behind him to get on the plane.

                                                                                 

***********************************************

--- Hyosung's POV ---

            Her world just fell apart as she saw that mysterious girl kissing Jay; Hyosung couldn’t believe what she just witnessed and just run crying. She felt so small in this huge world, she couldn’t breathe reviewing that image over and over again: "no... it’s not true … no this isn’t happening …It can't be …”

          It was raining outside, she couldn't care less about the rain nor the cold, her heart was cold enough aching with pain ... the world just disappeared behind this heavy rain: her tears got mixed with rain drops unable to see her way through bumping into those strangers so huge , she thought, staring at her... she could care less now that  her heart got torn into pieces  … there she was running alone soaked in the rain ... "Jay ... how could you ... Jay...," she kept repeating over and over again ...

              She recklessly crossed the road not noticing the green lights ...- how could she when tears blinded her eyes - when a speeding car went into her: her head bounced against the front glass of the car falling right on the wet road, her phone skipped her hand and got crashed by another passing car... she couldn't open her eyes when she tried ... she just laid there as the faces of the ones she loved run through her head when she suddenly heard this voice she knew ... this voice asking her to hold on ... but she just laid down as the world went blank ...as she succumbed to the darkness.

                                                           ................................................................................

--- Taeyang's POV ---

          --- Taeyang ordered a coffee and waited for Hyosung trying to imagine how their reunion would go ... He tried to play it cool because he just knew that he didn't stand a chance to win Hyosung's heart for it already belonged to someone else. He thought of his mixed feelings when she told him about that 'Jay' whom he never met ... but she sounded happy and he couldn't compromise that happiness for his own feelings. What can he do now but support her ... he talked to himself through it over and over trying to convince himself ... his mind was set to it but his heart told him otherwise. ---

"Oh? There she is!!," - right across the street from the other side - "Hyosung - aaaaaah" but she didn't answer... she was running... 

"What's wrong with her? ..." he asked himself . When he was about to cross to meet her, he saw her crossing the road and just some meters far away came a speeding car right into her direction as he screamed: " Hyosung -aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ... don't ...," running to her not minding the other cars of the busy street, but it was already late ... there she was ...lifeless -she seemed- ... her body just laid there soaked in the red water. 

"Hyosung -ah ... just hold on sunshine ... don't do this to me ... come on open your eyes," as he held her bleeding head to his cheast and continued begging checking her breath and pulse: " don't you ever dare to leave me like this... you said you wanted to see me ...open your eyes for me...oh, lord please... I have so many things to tell you ... come on my dear ... just open your eyes ... I am here now ..." His hands started shaking at the sight of the blood running out from her, pressing the wound against him to stop the bleeding: " Hyosung-aaah ...I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry ...sorry...Hyosung-ah ...someone call 911...," as he just knelt holding her cold body into his arms under the rain crying and praying.

                                                                                      

***********************************************

           On their way to the hospital, Taeyang just held her hand into his joined hands, holding it firmly to his head as he colsed his eyes praying for a miracle ... 

Hyosung: "J jj..Jay...," as tears fell from the corner of her eyes.

Taeyang: " We will get through this ...hold on sunshine...you are strong...we will get through this together ... I'll be here by your side...," as he whiped off her tears still unable to hold his own. 

Even if it wasn't his name that she called, Taeyang felt glad knowing she was struggling to survive and hold on to life ... 

 

****************************************************

WELL IT IS PRETTY SAD THAT IT WAS TAEYANG WHO HAD TO WITNESS THE TRAGIC ACCIDENT OF HIS BELOVED HYOSUNG. SO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? WHAT WILL JAY AND TAEYANG DO FOR THE SAKE OF THE WOMAN THEY LOVE?