C15

My Lost Love Is You

Chapter 15:

[Yuri POV:]

“Sigh, must we really go for this dinner?” I whined to oppa. “Yes, my dear sister, come on, hurry up.” Oppa said while pushing me to my room and closing the door. I sighed in defeat. After a few hours, I did my last touch-up and saw my oppa waiting at the living hall for me. “My little princess, you are finally done?” He said restlessly. “He he…sorry...oppa, let’s go” I said while pulling him.  Ding…Dong… “They are here.” Oppa said. We got in the car, “Wow, my daughter has grown up to an elegant lady.” Mum said happily while I smiled sweetly covering the sadness in me.

[Jaejoong POV:]                                                

“Kids, hurry get ready. There are guests coming.” Mum said across the hallway. “Urgh, guests again…sigh.” I said tiredly lying on my bed thinking of the incident that happened today.  “Yuri.” I said her name repeatedly but I cannot forget her, while walking to the bathroom to wash up. Ding dong… “The guests have arrived.” I said as I went downstairs.

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” I heard the guests saying. “Oh, good to see you all, long time no see.” My mum replied politely. I walked into the kitchen getting a glass of water ignoring the guests. “Kids, come out already, the guests have arrived.” My dad said loudly. I dragged my feet to the living room. “This is my second son, Jaejoong.” My dad introduced me to the guests as I bowed. “I am Jaejoong.” I said politely. To my astonishment, I saw Yuri looking at me equally shocked. “Jaejoong, come and sit down.” I heard my mum said but I was still looking in her eyes at how beautiful she is today. “This is Yuri, your brother’s finance.” My mum continued saying. What shocked me was she was engaged to my brother and not me. I broke the intense look and took a seat beside my parents. My brother, Kim Yong Hwa was walking down the stairs trying to look cool. My sister, Tiffany was on the phone with her boyfriend, Kim Geun Suk. “Come let’s have dinner now.” My mum offered. We all were lead to the dining room. Yuri sat in between of my brother and I. My brother was using pick-up lines on her, but she did not really care. I caught her staring at me for a few times since dinner started. “Kids, we adults have announcement to make to you all later after dinner.” My dad said. We all nodded in consent. “Urgh” I thought. We all went to the living room and the room was tensed. “Today, we are here to discuss the wedding plans of Yuri and Yong Hwa.” My dad said hoping no one would object this arrangement.  I stood up “Dad, can I take over brother’s place.” I said. Everyone was looking at me shocked. “Why?”My dad said. “Because…cuz…there is no difference whether I marry Yuri or brother.” I said giving excuses not to own up I liked Yuri.I saw Yuri looking at me speechless. “Hmmm no, I will not agree, she is such a gorgeous lady, why should I let you have her instead?” My brother said smirking at me. I hate that look on the face. Our mother broke the silence. “Kids, you are making our dear Yurinervous.” I looked at her when our eye contact met. My sister immediately brought Yuri to her room “girl’s talk”.

[Yuri POV]

It was so awkward. And is Jaejoong thinking to play another prank on me? Why do I feel so happy when he wants to take his brother’s place? Joongie where are you? Sigh.

“Hey, so which of my brother do you like more?” Jaejoong‘s sister asked me. Her name is…Ti-ff-a-n-y. Tiffany… “I don’t like both.” I replied. She looked at me with eyes wide open. “Shocking news! Any girl would want to fall in any one of my brother’s arms.” She said keeping eye contact with me. “But I am not any other girl. And who is that?” I pointed at a photo frame with two kids. “Oh that is my friend and me. She was my best friend, she has the same name as you.” She said breaking the eye contact looking at the floor. “Isn’t that me?” I replied curiously. “It is alright, you don’t have to make me feel better. We lost contact for many years already.” She said sadly. “I am not lying that girl is me! I exclaimed when she took a moment to think before hugging me. “I found you finally…I miss you…” She said dragging me along to the living hall. “Ma, Pa, Bro! Hebe is the girl we played with when we were young.”

[Jaejoong POV]

She is that girl. No wonder…I have this connection with her, always wanting to protect her. The necklace she is wearing, no wonder is so familiar.  I looked in her eyes; she looked as if she is about to cry but holding back those tears.

[Yuri POV]

Joongie is here? Where? Who? Which? Is it Yong Hwa or Jaejoong?

“Who is Joongie?” I whispered to Tiffany. Before I could hear her reply. Yong Hwa pulled me and hugged me. I was clueless on what was going on.  From the corner of my eye, I saw Jaejoong walked away looking disappointed and sad. Why is he feeling so down?

[Jaejoong POV]

I witnessed the scene when my brother pulled Yuri into an embrace. The pain is killing me as I felt dejected. Why Yuri did not pushed him away like she always does to me? Maybe she really liked my brother more than me. I walked away trying to forget the scene.

[Yong Hwa POV]

Yuri immediately pushed me away after Jaejoong was not in sight. Youngbae brought Yuri to the sofa and sit. I smirked when I saw him walked away. I must make my brother learn how to fight for his love. The game starts now. It is not easy to win me especially when you are going to give up soon.

[Yuri POV]

“Thanks for the dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. We enjoyed ourselves. Right kids?” My parents asked. I just nodded silently while my brother was holding my hands assuring that everything is okay. But I was still puzzled why he was so quiet and sad. “We hope to see you soon.” Jaejoong parents told us. I just continue nodding while looking on the floor. I don’t know why I felt disappointed knowing who Joongie is…I was actually thinking it was…Jaejoong…Maybe this is fate…have to accept it….

The next day…

[Class]

[Jaejoong POV]

Why am I not myself after that night? Why can’t I speak to her? Coward! She is going to get engaged to my brother.

 [Yuri POV]

After that day, Jaejoong did not speak to me again and I did not know how to start a conversation with him. Joongie is back, I should be happy…but I am not. Jiyong nudge me. “Hey, what’s wrong with you and Jaejoong?” Jiyong asked curiously. “Nothing” That’s all I replied