Chapter ten

Can you feel it?

Flashback:

 

9 year old Tiffany overheard her parents fighting yet again. 

 

She heard her father shout something harsh to her mother and her mother saying something back.

 

"You ! After all I gave you! You're leaving me for that man?!" Her father was drunk and furious.

 

Her mother sounded like she was crying.

 

"Honey.. I--" 

 

*Slap!!* 

 

Tiffany took a peek through her door and saw that her mother was on the ground. Her father just slapped her mother.

 

"Don't honey me!" 

 

He continued to abuse her.

 

Tiffany saw and ran out of her room, trying to stop him from hurting her mother.

 

"Daddy! Stop!" She pleaded but he slapped her too.

 

Tiffany fell backwards and saw that her mother in tears.

 

"Don't hurt her!" Her mother begged but her dad decided to take his anger out on her instead of her mother.

 

"You! You're the biggest mistake of my life!" *Smack*

 

He continued hitting her until Tiffany's lips were busted and her body was badly bruised. Then he went to attack her mother. He pulled on her mother's hair and dragged her upstairs with her screaming, "Stop!! Please don't hurt me!" but he ignored her and threw her into their room and beats her.

 

Tiffany felt pain all over. She couldn't even move. He left her bleeding there for the whole night.

 

 

End of flashback:

 

 

"Tiffany, we're here." Jessica's voice brought Tiffany back to reality. 

 

"Oh..."

 

Jessica knew something was wrong with Tiffany so she puts a hand on her shoulder and gives a gentle smile.

 

"Everything's going to be fine.." she says.

 

Tiffany nods.

 

"What were you thinking of?" 

 

"My family." Tiffany answers.

 

"You miss them?" Jessica asked.

 

Tiffany shakes her head, disgusted.

 

"I would never."

 

This answer only made Jessica frown.

 

"But they're your family.. you should miss them."

 

Tiffany sighs.

 

"Trust me, Jessica. Missing them is the last thing to do on my list." 

 

"Can you tell me why?" 

 

"No I can't." 

 

Tiffany doesn't let Jessica ask anymore and gets out of the car.

 

Jessica follows out and they head towards the front door.

 

"Why can't you tell me? I have the rights to know since I'm going to be your wife, don't I?" Jessica really wanted to know why.

 

Tiffany doesn't answer.

 

The door opens and Mr. Jung was standing in front of them with a big smile.

 

"Ah! You must be Tiffany!" 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Seohyun and Taeyeon were both walking around the main building together. They were searching for a woman called Hyori.

 

"Seo, talk to me."

 

Seohyun sighs.

 

"I'm talking." Seo replies.

 

Taeyeon gave up.

 

She can't stand Seohyun acting like this towards her.

 

She suddenly stops walking and tears up.

 

Seohyun saw and felt guilty.

 

Taeyeon's really sensitive and a cry-baby.

 

"Unnie, I'm sorry.." 

 

Taeyeon pouts.

 

"Don't ignore me, Seo." 

 

".............................."

 

"Seo.... can I ask you a question?"

 

"Hm? What is it?"

 

"Do you have fe---" 

 

"You girls must be Agent Tae and Agent Seo!" It was Lee hyori.

 

Seohyun bows.

 

"Yes, that's us and you must be Hyori-unnie." she smiles.

 

Hyori bows in return.

 

"Agent Seo, there's something fishy happening around the alleyway downtown." Hyori states.

 

"alleyway?" Taeyeon looks at Seo puzzled.

 

"Yes, I heard that at least one person is murdered there every night." Hyori explains.

 

"Have you heard or seen it yourself?" Seohyun asked, just to make sure.

 

Hyori nods her head.

 

"About 2 nights ago, me and some friends were walking home when we heard screaming. We didn't go and check out what was happening because we were scared but the next day, we heard that a girl was found dead at the same location that we heard the screaming take place." 

 

"Thankyou for this information. We'll go see what we can do."

 

And with that, Taeyoen and Seohyun went to investigate but Taeyeon was going to try again and ask Seohyun what she was going to ask her.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

"What do you mean skip the engagement party and go straight to marriage?" Jessica asked her parents when they were having dinner.

 

Mr. Jung sighs.

 

"We need to speed things up faster because your uncle is planning soemthing big and dangerous."

 

Tiffany was curious.

 

"Do you know what it is?" she asked.

 

Mr. Jung shakes his head.

 

"Not yet but he'll reveal it later."

 

Tiffany was metnally making a note that she'll go hunt him down and stop him even if she didn't marry Jessica yet because she can't wait. Call her impatient.

 

"How would you know that us marrying will affect him at all?" she asked.

 

Mr. Jung answers, 

 

"Jessica's his favorite neice. He'll show himself when he hears that she has gotten married and try to congratulate her by pretending to be the best uncle but that's all fake. He's fake! He'll only show up for Jessica but other than that, he's no where to be found." 

 

Jessica held Tiffany's hand and watched her father take a sip of his tea.

 

"And he's the one who murdered my sister." Mr. Jung states.