The Meeting

Code Name 7 8 9

Hachi looked at last camera she had put up, checking the angle. She threw a quick glance over her shoulder before she decided she should change the angle just a tiny bit to get a clearer view of the bathroom. You never knew what might happen in there, they might try to drown him in the bathtub.

Kyu peeked into the room. “Are you done already? Why are you always so slow? Nana and I are done long ago and we have been waiting for you. We have to get out of here before the principal comes and unlocks the school for the entire semester!”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m done now anyway.” Hachi said and followed her dongsaeng out of Kikwang’s room. “Don’t be so bossy, you’re the youngest.”

Kyu glared at her over her shoulder. “But I’m still the tallest and smartest.”

Hachi grunted at her reply. “Yes, and the most obstinate.”

They reached Nana who impatiently stomped her foot. “Guys, we need to hurry. The principal will be here any minute and our suitcases are standing at a very inappropriate place right outside the main entrance.”

They ran side by side as fast as they could and did not stop until they reached their suitcases.

“Where do we hide?” Kyu panicked, panting heavily.

“We don’t need to hide, we just have to look like over-excited students.” Hachi said as she sat down on the ground, leaning her head against her suitcase.

Right then a short, fat woman in a red dress entered the school area. When she saw the three girls sitting on the ground smiling at her, she almost dropped her keys out of surprise. “Aren’t you here early? Excited for a new semester?”

“Yes, Madame.” Nana answered politely. “Especially since it is our first at this school.”

Madame’s jaw fell open. “Oh, so you are the three new girls? Where are your parents?”

The girls looked at each other quickly. “Work kept them from coming, they asked us to tell you their apologize.” Hachi answered slowly.

“Oh well, as long as you girls are here.” She unlocked the doors. “Follow me, I’ll show you to your room. There you can prepare for the speech in the salon.”

 

-:{}:-

 

Kyu felt her eyelids slowly closing as she fought the sleepiness that was falling on her. Finally she gave up and yawned widely. Nana sighed and focused on the fat woman they had met earlier who introduced herself as their principal. When she turned her head to speak with her friends she found them both asleep, Kyu’s head resting on Hachi’s shoulder and Hachi’s head resting on Kyu’s. Nana mentally face palmed herself, when she noticed something from the corner of her eye. Hachi’s object was located, and he was sitting right next to Hachi. Nana needed to wake her up, discreetly.

Apparently, that was unnecessary for the object leaned closer and poked Hachi in the side, causing her to jump as she woke up. Her jump didn’t wake Kyu up, but she simply turned to the next shoulder which happened to be Nana. Nana let it be, since she was focusing her attention on Hachi and the object. Obviously, Hachi had not yet realized it was her object.

“Why did you wake me up?” She whispered furiously to the boy who looked frightened and clenched her fists.

“I’m sorry!” He held up his hands in defence. “I just wanted to warn you that the principal has hawk eyes and sleeping is not a good way to impress her.”

Hachi looked at the fat principal on the stage, and then turned back to the boy. That’s when she recognized him. Immediately she loosened her fists, she could not afford to scare him away. “Thank you.”

He smiled, glad that she seemed to relax a bit. “You’re welcome.” He looked passed her at Kyu. “You might want to wake her up.”

Nana quickly placed her elbow in Kyu’s side, and Kyu sat up straight with a grunt. Then she spotted her object. He was seated two roads in front of her. Beside him sat Nana’s. Kyu winced. He was really tall and muscular. Did he spend every afternoon in the gym? She pointed at him. “Your object in green t-shirt.” She whispered so that only Nana could hear.

 

-:{}:-

 

Hachi looked at the class in front of her, her eyes searching for her object as the teacher introduced her to the class. She found him in the back of the classroom, and there was an empty seat beside him. She wondered if it was Boss’ action or just plain luck. The teacher finally finished her speech. “You can go and sit down beside Kikwang. Kikwang can you please raise your hand?”

He put his hand in the air and smiled at her as she started walking towards him. When she sat down he leaned closer to whisper in her air. “Don’t tell me you are stalking me?” He joked but she took him seriously. “I would never do such a foolish thing!”

Kikwang looked nervous as he retreated and turned his attention to the teacher. Hachi thought of her words, maybe she had just lied to him. Maybe her mission could be counted as stalking me? Very well, she was getting paid for it.

When class was over he took her arm. She froze in surprise and looked at his hand. He noticed her being uncomfortable and let go. “I thought that maybe since you are new here you would like a tour guide?”

“Yes, that would be great.” Hachi simply answered without any emotions showing in her face.

Kikwang nodded, wondering if he had made the right choice. She was a bit weird. He sighed and decided to just go through with it. He flashed her a smile and motioned for her to follow him.

 

-:{}:-

 

Kyu sighed in relief when she realized that there was no need for a presentation since this was a freshman class. They were free to sit down anywhere they wanted and she immediately sneaked down at the seat beside the one her object had chosen. He looked up at her and smiled, he was even cuter in reality. “Hi, I’m Lee Taemin.” He held out his hand towards her and she stared at it for a second before carefully taking it and shaking it. He cocked one eyebrow as she remained silent. “Now would be the time for you to tell me your name.”

“Kyu.”

“What’s your last name then?”

“It’s classified.”

“Oh, I-I see…” The boy let out a nervous laugh, but Kyu thought they had a stable conversation.

Taemin fumbled uncomfortably with the hem of his sleeves, trying really hard to come up with something to say. “You look older than to be a freshman.”

“That’s because I am one yea older.”

“Really? Noona, you’re one year older than me? Then why are you in this class and not in second year?”

Kyu wetted her lips as she tried to recall what Boss had told her. “I was sick when I was little, but I rather not talk about it.”

He placed his hand on hers. “It’s okay, I won’t force you.” He said softly.

She stared at his hand holding hers, was this for real? Never before had an object touched her like this! Slowly she took his hand between her thumb and index finger on her other hand and lifted his hand away like it was something contagious. He clasped his hands together and placed them in his lap. Noona were a bit strange.

 

-:{}:-

 

Nana looked at the object before her, staring at his back. He had the seat in front of her and she was stuck beside some talkative, annoying boy.

“So Nana, what kind of name is that?” The boy beside her asked. Nana had no intention in remembering his name, she was bad with names.

She turned her head and glared at him. “It’s my name.”

The boy nodded. “What made you transfer school? Did you get kicked out or something? It would be so cool if you were a bad girl who could fight!”

He had no idea how badly Nana wanted to show her fighting skills on him right in this very moment. She clenched her fists and took a deep breath.

“Can’t you see she doesn’t want to talk to you? So just do us all a favour and shut up.” The guy with the green t-shirt in front of her turned in his seat and glared at the other boy. Nana gave him a grateful smile which he returned. “I’m Taecyeon by the way, welcome to our class and school.”

“Thank you, I’m Nana.”

 

-:{}:-

 

“Have you made contact with your objects today?” Kyu asked and stretched out her full length in her bed. “I had a very stable conversation with my today.”

“Me too.” Hachi said. “My showed me around school.”

“My saved me from an annoying person.”

“Seems like we all made a good start, and hopefully a good first impression.” Kyu sat up in her bed. “We should check the cameras.”

They all their computers only to see that absolutely nothing happened. Taemin laid peacefully on his bed reading, Kikwang was playing a videogame while bobbing his head to the music.

“What about your object, Nana?”

Nana leaned in closer to the screen, as if to make sure that what she was seeing actually happened. Taecyeon grabbed the hem of shirt and pulled it over his head showing of his abs on a well toned, muscular upper body. Nana gasped loud and closed down the window.

“What? What happened?” Hachi and Kyu were quickly by her side.

“I am feeling a bit strange.” Nana said. “He was wearing no shirt, and suddenly my chest felt warm and it was almost difficult to breath.”

Her friends nodded. “I think I’ve heard of that disease before.” Hachi said