Getting to know

Code Name 7 8 9

Hachi found her object with headphones plugged in as he was bobbing his head to the music with his eyes closed. He looked like he was waiting for someone, or just relaxing. She sat down beside him. He opened his eyes to see who it was and when he saw her he chuckled. “Are you here again?”

“There is no need to sound so disrespectful.” Hachi said without looking at him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Hachi-ssi.” He held out each syllable.

She glanced at him. That sounded so weird, almost like he was about to sneeze.

“Tell me something about yourself.” Kikwang asked, since he had now learned that asking yes or no questions were no use. “Why did you transfer to this school?”

“I can’t tell you.”

Was this girl for real? “Why, did you get thrown out?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Come on, I’m sure it’s not such a big deal.” He insisted.

Ugh, this wasn’t working. Why was this boy so persistent? She needed to change her tactic. She looked up at him with puppy eyes, batting her eyelashes. “I really don’t want to talk about it…” She sobbed and forced tears to form in her eyes.

He immediately felt guilty and he took her hands to comfort her. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pressure you. I won’t ask you about it again!”

Hachi mentally pumped her fists. Yet another success. She beamed at him. “Thank you.”

Kikwang had to look away, she was so cute! “Tell me something else then. Do you happen to like videogames?”

“Yes!” Hachi bounced in her seat. “I love it!”

Kikwang had to turn to read her expression, had he actually met a girl who shared his interest in videogames. She looked sincerely excited, her eyes sparkled. “I love it too.”

“I just wished I had brought mine with me here.” Hachi sighed, hoping that the boy next to her would take the hint and invite her over. That way she could get a clearer view of what his room looked like when he lived there, maybe even adjust the cameras a bit.

“Ah, that’s too bad.” Was the only thing he said. Stupid boy…

 

-:{}:-

 

Kyu sat after class writing down the extra things the teacher had said during the class when she felt someone looking at her intensely, and that someone was her little object. He sat besides her just looking at her with a big smile on his lips. She ignored him, tried to wait him out, he’d get tired of it. Five minutes passed and the object was still watching her with the same intensity. “What do you want?” she said not looking up at him. “Well, Noona... Do-Do you like to dance maybe?” The object said carefully wondering if he had stepped on a sensitive spot or not.

She swung her head his way taking him by surprise. Kyu gave him a gaze that was very similar to the one that she had flashed to those delinquents a couple of days ago. The object gulped and prepared for the worst.

“Yeah, I do” Kyu said, actually smiling at him “Why?” she asked a little too quickly after her answer looking suspicious at her object.

“No particular reason...” He said and smiled sheepily, Kyu was about to argue back but dropped it.

When Kyu was done she collected her stuff and rose from her chair, and the exact same moment the object rose from his chair too. She pulled back her head like she had encountered a very sick person because the object had risen a bit too close to her. When she moved he moved, she sighed and just walked out of the room with the object right behind her. What was wrong with this creature? She was supposed to stalk him, not the opposite way!

“Noona?” He spoke behind her trying to catch her attention. “I wonder if our rooms are far away from each other.”

“It doesn’t matter if they are or not.” Kyu replied coldly.

“But I would want to see your room sometime, noona.” The object said cheerfully.

Kyu froze on the spot and she slowly turned around to look at her shining object. “I’m afraid you can’t.” And with those she walked away leaving a very confused boy behind her.

 

-:{}:-

 

Nana walked through the hallway that separated the “sleeping area” from the actual school, searching for her object. She had been distracted by a crowd of giggling girls who stared at her object. Seeing them giggle after him like kindergarten kids made her blood boil, and that’s pretty much why she lost track of him. She sighed frustrated and stomped the ground hard, like it was suppose to help. How big is this school anyways?! ‘It’s not the school that’s big, it’s you who is little’, Nana could imagine a comment like that from Kyu and got more irritated. She clenched her fists and hit the air trying to cool down. Just that exact moment her object walked out of the sleeping area startled of seeing her battling with the air. She immediately stopped when she saw who stood there staring at her. “Ehe he he...” She began not knowing what to say. Her object laughed forced and continued forward just to stop beside her. “Are you going to the library too?” He said

Nana looked at him confused “Why would I go to the- Yes! I’m going to the library! Hehe” she said and forced a smile.

“Good” He said and nodded “I’m going there too, let’s keep company”

They walked in silence, it did not bother Nana but her object was a different case.

To break the silence her object asked a simple question but did not expect that kind of answer from the little girl.

“So...What kind of movies do you like?” The object asked smiling uneasily

“Me? I...I really like horror movies!” Nana answered with her eyes sparkling looking up at the guy.

“What?” The green guy said under his breath more to himself than to her

“Yes! Especially with a lot of blood and many people dying” She said looking up at the guy smiling really bright.

The object laughed nervously and tried to smile, it must be a joke he thought or? He looked down at the girl who was still smiling. I don’t know.......

They arrived at the library and her object walked ahead of her because there was this special book. The cover was completely pink and had a ridiculous title ‘The Bunny In The Night’, but there was something with this book that made Nana wants it. She didn’t know why but she just wanted it. The next thing was that she stood by the counter holding the book in one hand and a recite in the other. She had loaned the book. Nana walked away from the counter and asked herself why did I do this? She thought about returning it but then it’ll look strange so she kept it. Nana looked around the library, not seeing her object anymore.

“Damn did I lose him again?”
“Are you ready to head back?” She felt a hand on her shoulder and she stiffened. He agent instincts her and she grabbed the hand, swirled around and had the green guy locked with his hand on his back.

Nana immediately let go of him. Quick, think of something. “I’m sorry, I was so surprised and so scared.” She looked at him with sad eyes, causing him to blush slightly. Nana took no notice of the change of skin colour on his face but simply grinned at him. “Let’s go back!”