Bad Guys and Asking

Code Name 7 8 9

“You know, there is something very annoying about my object…” Kyu said and got a curious look from Hachi. “I am the one supposed to be following him around, but there is no need for that since he is basically stalking me.”

Hachi laughed out loud. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

Kyu flung her arms out. “I’m death serious! I’m being stalked by my own object!”

Hachi shrugged. “Let’s go back to Nana now.”

“But…”

“I said we’re going back.”

Kyu lowered her head with a sigh and obediently followed her friend. When they entered the room Nana growled loudly. “There is nothing to do! They are not doing anything!”

“Can’t they like… take a shower, or something?” Hachi suggested.

“Now who’s the peedo?” Kyu muttered, glaring at Hachi.

Hachi stayed silent. “Your object looks like a girl.” She said and walked away to sit on her bed.

“I want to do something!” Nana cried, raising her hands in the air. “Anything!”

“Wait…” Kyu said thoughtfully. “Look what I have.” She started digging in her bag and pulled out a knife.

“Did you smuggle in a knife to school?” Nana said disliking.

“Well… Yeah.”

“That’s so awesome!” Hachi exclaimed happily. “Let’s play that game we learned from the Italian mafia.”

 

-:{}:-

 

“Ouch!” Hachi shouted pulled her hand to and blew on it. “That really hurt.”

“Suit yourself.” Kyu said and continued cooking. Hachi had tried to reach for the food and had earned a slap on her hand with the spatula.

“Guys, guys! They’re leaving, they’re leaving their rooms! All of them. Why?” Nana panicked. “Finally.”

Hachi turned of the stove and dragged Kyu with her against protests. “But I’m not done yet!”

“You can finish it later.”

“But I’m hungry now.”

Hachi sighed and took out a cookie from her secret stash. She turned to look at Kyu. “I’ve been saving this, but you need it more than me.”

Kyu accepted it and place a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “Thank you, my friend.”

“Guys…” Nana interrupted their bonding moment. “Are you ready to leave yet?”

 

-:{}:-

 

“I haven’t installed my pager on him yet though.” Nana said scratching her forehead.

“What? You haven’t?” Kyu blurted. “Well… Me neither…”

They looked at Hachi, hoping for better results on her behalf. She fake laughed loud and placed her hand behind her head. No words were needed to be said, she hadn’t done it either.

“So, how do we find them?” Kyu question rubbing her hands together.

“How did you find him last time?” Nana asked, while Hachi was still laughing.

Kyu’s shoulders sank as she sighed. “He found me…” She said bitterly. “How do you find yours?”

“I-I don’t really find him…” Nana answered quietly.

“And you call yourself an agent?” Kyu said under her breath. “How can you not find him!? He’s the tallest guy in the entire school!”

“But!” Nana rubbed her shoulder against Kyu who simply glared at her before Nana passed the question over to Hachi.

“I see him, I watch, I follow.” Hachi simply replied.

There was a brief moment of silence before Kyu spoke up. “That’s deep man.”

 

-:{}:-

 

“They must be around here somewhere; I can feel it in my bones.” Kyu stated.

“Remember that time when we protected that spoiled, arrogant, annoying, cocky kid in Brazil?” Hachi asked.

“Yeah.”

“This feeling is similar.”

“You mean that time when they attacked us from behind?” Nana asked as suddenly a big thud was heard behind them and Nana flew a couple of metres. She safely landed on her feet and looked up and you could see in her gaze, it was on.

There was at least twenty against the three of them. The girls exchanged glances and they knew exactly what they were going to do, the triangle formation. Everyone, except Hachi.

“Hachi, what are you doing? That is the wrong position!” Kyu yelled at her companion.

“But I thought we were going to do the more exotic one.” She quickly changed position.

“That is still wrong.” Nana sighed and rolled her eyes.

The enemies looked at each other. Were those really the fierce, top agents they had been told to fear?

“What about this one then?”

“Duh. Finally.” Kyu said and then it was on for real.

The enemy did not react fast enough to realize they had already lost. They had completely cleared the fighting area before the objects arrived from different directions.

“See, my bones never lies!” Kyu whispered proudly.

Taecyeon spotted a drop of sweat running down Nana’s face and he suddenly felt excited. Did she too like to work out? He had seen her fight the air and she had overmanned him in the library. “Have you been working out?” He asked her.

Nana hesitated. “You... can call it that.”

“Noona!” Taemin said happily and grabbed Kyu’s hands. “I’ve fixed a time for us at the dance studio tomorrow, if you want to come with me?”

She cleared feeling a bit uncomfortable with him touching her. “Sure.”

Kikwang and Taecyeon felt encourage by the younger boy’s courageous action. Taecyeon spoke again looking shyly at Nana. “If you want to, we can exercise together sometime. Like… tomorrow. If you can. If you have time. If you don’t want to I understand.”

Nana tilted her head and smiled. “That sounds great.”

Taecyeon cleared his throat and looked away, smiling.

Hachi started to feel uninterested so she simply walked away, leaving the others behind.

“Wait for me!” Kikwang shouted after her and ran up to her. She froze when he punched her shoulder lightly. “What’s up?”

“Are you serious?” Hachi raised her eyebrows.

“What?” He asked a bit scared.

“Nothing.” She laughed and hit him hard on his shoulder.

He yelped in pain, but tried to take it as a man. He bit his lower lip and tried to smile. Hachi looked at him, he looked as if was about to cry. She took a step forward and patted his head. “It’s okay.”

Kikwang looked at her face, feeling the pain ease immediately. “Do you want to play videogames with me?”

Hachi looked at him. That was cute. “Yeah.” She started walking ahead of him.

“How do you know where my room is?” Kikwang asked suspiciously.

“I don’t.” She denied. “What makes you think that?”

“You’re walking ahead of me in the right direction.”

“Oh.”