Spying and Double Dates

Code Name 7 8 9

There was a strange atmosphere in the three agents’ room. They were all quiet.

Hachi laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling, stuck in her own thoughts. Kyu sat at the table, spinning the knife in front of, her eyes glued to the floor. Nana sat on a chair next to Kyu, simply staring into the wall, smiling. Suddenly she stood up and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Kyu exclaimed.

“I’m meeting Taecyeon.” Nana explained.

“Who the hell is Taecyeon?” Hachi screamed from her bed.

Kyu glared at her. “Where did you get air from?”

“The trees.” Hachi said, nodding her head, proud of her comment.

“Damn! She got me!” Kyu muttered.

Nana shook her head and opened the door. “Anyway, I’m going now.”

“If he touches you, don’t hesitate to tell me and I’ll ing kick his !” Kyu said, pointing her finger at Nana.

“It’s okay if he does.”

There were a few moments of silence. Then Hachi quietly stood up, walked towards Nana and placed her hands on her shoulder. Suddenly she hugged her. “I trust you.” She said when she pulled away, looking straight into her eyes.

A tear formed in Nana’s eye. Her friend was finally growing up. “Thank you.” She said before walking out and closing the door behind her.

Kyu waited until she couldn’t hear Nana’s steps anymore and then she turned to Hachi. “What the was that about?”

Hachi smirked and rubbed her hands together. “I put the pager on her.”

Kyu was astonished. “Smart move, my friend, very smart.”

 

-:{}:-

 

When Nana saw Taecyeon waiting for her on a bench in the empty corridor, her chest was filled with this warm feeling again. And she quite liked it.

Taecyeon spotted her and stood up, waving slightly at her. She approached him with a small smile playing on her lips.

It was there day off and Taecyeon had asked Nana if she wanted to go to the city with him. Of course, Nana had accepted.

“I’ve called a limousine to pick us up.” Taecyeon said when she got closer.

“Oh.” Nana said, trying to conceal her astonishment. “That’s nice.”

“I thought you’d like it…” He said smiling shyly.

“I do.”

There was an awkward silence between the two as they waited for limousine to arrive. They both let out a sigh of relief when it arrived. Taecyeon held the door open for Nana to get in before he entered it himself.

They were both unaware that four pair of eyes was following their every movement.

 

-:{}:-

 

“Noona.” Taemin said poking Kyu’s shoulder. “Now that we are on a double date, why are you spying on those people.”

Kyu glared at him over her shoulder. “This is not spying! If you spy, this is not the right equipment to have!” She blurted and pointed at the ice cream in her hand.

“But it’s delicious equipment!” Hachi said smiling as she her ice cream. Hachi and Kikwang sat squatted side by side, Kikwang leaning his head on her shoulder.

Kyu looked at them disgusted, frustrated that Hachi did nothing to push away her object. A sudden nudge on her hand made her turn her head and she got blinded from the brightness beaming from Taemin’s face. He smiled and slipped his hand into hers, holding it in a firm but gentle grip. Kyu tried to pull away, but she couldn’t manage to do so. When had this kid grown so strong!? In the end, she gave up and let him have it his way.

Kyu looked back only to realize that Nana and Taecyeon weren’t there anymore. She stood up. “They are gone!”

“Yeah, I told you, but you didn’t listen.” Hachi simply said.

“Why didn’t you do anything then?” Kyu panicked.

“Well… You-you seemed busy.”

“What do you mean by busy?” Kyu was still screaming.

Hachi nodded her head in Taemin’s direction several times.

Kyu looked at her, no understanding anything. “Are you having a cramp?” She said and leaned forward, putting her hand on Hachi’s neck.

Hachi stared at her. “Let’s just go.” She said and grabbed Kikwang’s hand before walking ahead of them. Taemin skipped after them, still holding Kyu’s hand forcing her to come along.

 

-:{}:-

 

Nana fanned herself with her hand, the heat making her warm. Or was it something else? Taecyeon looked at her concerned. “Wait here,” he said, “I’ll get you something.”

Nana looked confused after him as he disappeared around a corner. What was he up to now? Maybe now Nana would have the time to take care of the weird feeling of being watched? She turned around, looking both left and right very carefully, not letting anything pass her vision.

Suddenly something cold was pressed lightly against her neck, and she froze on the spot. Was it the enemy, should she eliminate it? Then she relaxed, realizing it was just Taecyeon.

“Did I frighten you?” He chuckled.

Nana clicked her tongue and took the cold drink from his hand. Taecyeon couldn’t help but think that she looked very cute. He took her hand and led her to a bench. “Let’s sit down for a while.” He said and patted on the bench beside him.

She sat down, a bit too far away according to Taecyeon who discretely moved a few inches closer. The same did Nana. Finally their hands met, and Taecyeon linked their pinkies together. Nana blushed madly when Taecyeon entwined their fingers. Their shoulder close together and Taecyeon felt his heart rage inside his chest. He needed to do something about it. “Nana.” He said and turned his head, only to find her face only inches apart. He felt a sudden urge to kiss her and moved closer. Nana closed her eyes as she felt his warm breath upon her face and Taecyeon did the same.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” A weak but angry voice whispered in Taecyeon’s ear causing him to jump back with a scream.

Nana opened her eyes in confusion and found Kyu smiling at her, extremely satisfied with herself.

“What are you doing here?” Nana exclaimed.

“Yo.” Hachi said and raised her hand as she came closer with Kikwang and Taemin.

“How did you find me here?” Nana asked angrily.

Kyu pointed at Hachi with her thumb and Hachi immediately shook her head and pointed at Taemin. Taemin smiled, oblivious to what they were saying. Nana looked at Hachi in disbelief, and Hachi knew that it might be best to start walking in the opposite direction.

Nana sighed and scratched behind her ear, and a small thing caught her attention. She pulled it off and looked at the pager between her fingers. She glared up at Hachi who smiled flashed her an excusing smile. Nana’s body started trembling and she pointed at Hachi. “Oh no you didn’t!”

Hachi turned to Kikwang and grabbed his wrist. “Let’s go get some ice cream!” She said and hurried away.

“Again?” Kikwang asked, not knowing what just happened as he followed her.

“Walk faster!” Hachi demanded. “Maybe even better if you run.”

“Hachi, I’ll kill you when we get home!” Nana screamed after her.

Hachi let out a squeak of fear and started running.

When they had gotten far away she let go of a panting Kikwang. “What was that about?”

“You have no idea what she’s like when she’s pissed.”

Kikwang laughed. “She’s like this tall.” He said and motioned with his hand around his waist. “What could she possibly do?”

“Ah-ah-ah! Do not ever underestimate her!” Hachi wiggled her finger at him. “She is capable of a lot of things.”

“O-kay…”

“Yeah.” Hachi sighed. “So, what happened with the ice cream?”

 

-:{}:-

 

There was an unpleasant mood over the group that returned to the school. Taemin and Kyu walked in the middle, trying to separate an angry Nana from a terrified Hachi.

A familiar car drove into the area and out stepped a well dressed woman.

Right before they walked into the school Kyu noticed the woman hesitating and leaning back into the car. Kyu didn’t bother about it and followed the others inside.

 

-:{}:-

 

“Oh, I forgot.” The driver said and the woman turned back. “Here are your files.”

The woman browsed through them quickly. She closed the car door and it drove away.

“So, Kikwang, Taemin and Taecyeon it is then.” She said before entering the school.