Our Time To Shine

Code Name 7 8 9

 

Kyu looked around her before she grabbed the pin to the gas bomb and threw it over the wall. “Now, we can pass through without anyone noticing us!”

They sneaked up when the smoke had cleared, but the surprising sight of no one lying passed out met them.

“That was so unnecessary!” Nana snapped. “You even looked around.”

“I thought I saw someone…”

“You shouldn’t have wasted it!”

“We can just use another when we need to.” Kyu shrugged.

“I only ordered one.”

“…”

“Well that’s just stupid.” Kyu scoffed.

“Look who’s talking, huh!”

“It’s okay.” Hachi loaded her gun. “I’ll take them on.”

“Let’s keep the killing at it’s minimum.” Kyu said. “Let’s severely hurt them, close to dying, like on the verge of death, but not really dead. You know what I mean or need I repeat myself?”

“So like.. shoot them in the shoulder and elbow so that they can’t use a weapon, and like in the knee so that they can’t run?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“Isn’t that practically like killing them?” Hachi asked.

“Stop playing smart!”

“Why not just kill them?” Nana interrupted.

“I dunno, it says so in the contract.” Kyu shrugged.

“Oh, right. I had almost forgotten about that.” Nana nodded slowly.

“What? What contract?” Hachi looked confused from Kyu to Nana.

“You even signed it…”

“I did? Like me? Like me, Hachi? Or was it an imposter!?”

“Dude, we’re not in Burma anymore.” Nana rolled her eyes.

“But she’s still out there…” Hachi stared out in the distance.

Kyu and Nana looked at each other and sighed. “Shall we continue and save them now? Like we’re supposed to? Like doing our job?”

“Fine, ignore me! Be that way!” Hachi sulked and shot something meaningless.

“You will expose if you do things that way…” Kyu pointed out.

“Oh, you’re ganging up against me now? So the smoke thingy wasn’t exposing enough, but me shooting something is? Oh hell no! I’m outta here!” Hachi said and stomped off ahead of them.

“We should probably follow her.” Nana suggested and they ran after her, but suddenly their path was blocked by 20 big men dressed in black. They could see over the men’s shoulders how Hachi slowly disappeared.

“Excuse me, sir, you’re standing in my way.” Kyu smiled sweetly.

“That’s my intention.” He said with a deep voice.

“If you don’t want to spend a few months at the hospital, I suggest you move.” Kyu said warningly.

“No.”

“Make it a year.” Nana said and kicked him in the face.

The men threw themselves at the girls who were more than ready for a fight.

“I’ve been waiting too long for this.” Nana said as she cracked her knuckles before punching a man solar plexus with a karate sound. She threw pushed him down, stepped on his back and jumped up in the air. On her way down she flipped and stopped midair in split, kicking two guys in their faces. But one still stood, so she did a handstand, took his head between her knees and flipped him over, landing on his back while grabbing his leg and crushed it. She stood up and did a somersault to escape four guys attacking her. She landed in front of a man, and punched him ten times in the chest and in his face, so fast that you couldn’t see her hands move.

Kyu slurped her tea. “You go girl. Watch your back, there are coming three. Oh, that’s a good hit!” Someone grabbed from behind. “Oh, you almost got me! I was a bit distracted.” Kyu said calmly throwing her tea in his face. They guy yelped in pain, and Kyu grabbed him by the neck and tossed him over her shoulder only to stomp him in the crotch. She placed her elbow in a man’s stomach, and when he bent forward from the pain she hit him with the back of her fist in his face and she could hear the sound of his nose crack. A man came from up front and she grabbed the back of his head and pushed it down to meet her knee. “Aw, there’s blood on my pants now… Was it really necessary to bleed?”

“Are you done yet?” Nana called for her.

“He bled on my pants.” Kyu sobbed.

“Whatever, we have to find Hachi.”

“But she’s a big girl now, she can take care of herself.”

“It’s not her I’m worried about.” Nana commented.

“Oh, you see it that way. Let’s go!”

 

-:{}:-

 

“This is hurting my wrists.” Taemin whined and wriggled trying to get out of the ropes.

“My has fallen asleep.” Taecyeon muttered and shifted position on the cold stone floor.

“If you twist your hands like this, it won’t hurt as much. And if you wiggle your a little, like a duck, the blood will run more freely.” Kikwang instructed the other two boys.

“How do you know all this?” Taecyeon wondered as he wiggled on the floor.

“Oh, I got kidnapped quite a lot as a child.” Kikwang waved it of like it was nothing unusual. “Crazy ahjummas…” He said and shivered.

“So how long does it take before we get out of here?” Taemin wondered, longing for the sunlight he had been missing for an hour.

“It depends, have they contacted my parents, how much money do they want, are there police involved, are they experienced or rookies, the list goes on. So this might take a while, because I don’t know who would like to save us.” Kikwang answered.

“Oh, that sounds… depressing.” Taemin sighed.

“How long is the longest you’ve been away?”

“Two weeks. This ahjumma made me wear things and do things I didn’t want to.”

“Stop! Stop! I don’t want to hear!” Taecyeon tried to cover his ears but the stopped him.

“She took pictures of me, and… I was so scared.”

“Please, I beg you! Stop it!”

“It was so dark in there, and then a sudden flash came on. All the ahjummas were watching me. She made dance…”

“NOOOO!”

“I hated those photo shoots! Why did she make me wear girls clothes? Find a girl for god’s sake, I’m scarred for life!”

“So you weren’t forced to strip and do… bad things and dance as a stripper for this ahjummas?” Taecyeon asked cautiously.

“What? No! What kind of sick and erted fantasies do you have?” Kikwang looked disgusted.

“Hey, hey, hey! I think there’s someone coming!” Taemin said, oblivious to the conversation behind him as he peered through the keyhole.

 

-:{}:-

 

Kyu and Nana rushed through the corridors side by side. “If I have analyzed this building right, they should be just around the corner. That’s the typical bad guy place.” Kyu stated.

“True, true.” Nana agreed and hurried her steps.

Suddenly Kyu felt a presence and she raised her knife and found a gun aiming between her eyes. “Oh, it’s just you…” Kyu sighed and lowered her weapon.

“Hachi, where have you been? We’ve been searching all over for you!” Nana exclaimed when she saw the third person.

“No, we haven’t.” Kyu opposed.

“Sch!” Nana placed her hand over Kyu’s mouth and pushed her back. “What took you so long?”

“I was lost, okay!?”

“Are you still mad?” Nana asked.

“…No.”

“Okay, great.” Kyu said with a small smile.

“How did you find this place then if you were lost?”

“It’s the typical bad guy place.” Hachi explained casually.

“That’s what I said too!” Kyu exclaimed.

“Besides, it says ‘Hostage Here, Do NOT Enter!’” Hachi pointed at the sign above the door.

“Isn’t that a bit obvious?” Nana scratched her head. “Maybe it’s a trap?” She looked at Hachi who had already begun high jacking the lock.

“What if it explodes when you open it?” Kyu said cautiously.

Hachi felt the sweat run down her face as she paused in her work. “Girls, step back. I’ll take this blow on my own.” Kyu placed her hand on her friend’s shoulder. “You have been a great friend, Hachi.” Nana placed her hand on Hachi’s other shoulder. “I’ve treasured you as my family.”

They both stepped back. Although they wanted to go down with her, someone had to finish the job.

The lock opened with a click, and the door swung open. They were all still for a minute, waiting for the explosion.

“Nothing happened…” Kyu said disappointed.

“I knew it wouldn’t, but I had always wanted a dramatic scene like this to occur. We’ve been too good so we’ve never gotten the chance. I will never be so cool again.”

“Hachi, is that you?”

In less than a second Hachi had knelt down beside him, grabbing his face between her hands. She immediately noticed the almost invisible scratch on his cheek. “What has these monsters done to you?”

“Nothing really, I accidentally walked into Taecyeon when it was pitch black in here and no one could see anything at all.” Kikwang explained.

Hachi slowly turned her head and glared at Taecyeon, lightning shooting from her eyes. “You. I always knew you were bad.”

“I haven’t done anything!” Taecyeon defended himself.

Kyu stooped down beside Taemin and caressed his cheek. “Has Taecyeon done anything to you?”

“How could I possibly do anything?” Taecyeon blurted and looked at his tied hands.

They freed the boys quickly. “We need to get out of here, they’ll be here soon.”

“Why are you here? How did you get here?” Taecyeon looked down at Nana.

“We have no time for explanations.” Hachi said without looking at Taecyeon as she loaded her gun.

“They followed us, so let’s take your way back.” Kyu said and pointed at Hachi, Taemin’s wrist in a firm grip.

They started running towards the exit, running past plenty of wounded men, grunting in pain on the ground.

“Are these the men you shot in the shoulder, elbow and knee?” Kyu asked.

“Yes! I didn’t kill them, just like you said. I just severely hurt them.”

“What are you?” Kikwang asked, panting.

“Down!” Hachi shouted and pushed him down, avoiding a bullet.

“Why are they so many?” Kyu whined. “I already have blood on my shirt…”

“Taecyeon, you’ll buy her a new one right? It’s your fault that we’re here.” Nana said sweetly.

“I do not need his charity!” Kyu screamed with disgust in her voice as she forced Taemin behind her in a corner.

Kikwang sat up, rubbing his arm. “Ouch, you hurt me more than Taecyeon did…”

“That sick bastard.” Hachi hissed and clenched her fist around the gun even harder, imagining all the horrible things Taecyeon could’ve done to Kikwang.

“Taecyeon, you have to bend down. You’re to tall, you’ll be an easy target.” Nana ordered him.

“I can fight for myself.” Taecyeon said.

“Oh really? Then why were you the hostage?” Nana cocked one eyebrow. “Get down.”

“Fine…” He said and bent double. “This is our first fight together.” He smiled a little at the thought.

“Okay, it’s about 70 of them and three of us.” Nana said analyzing the situation. “How much time do we need?”

Kyu pulled out her knives and smirked. “Give us ten minute, max.”

Hachi cracked her neck and smiled. “Make it five.”

The boys curled up together at the sight of the three girls running screaming against the mob of men. “Just what exactly are we about to witness?” Taemin asked scared.

Hachi launched forward, her gun in perfect aim for the man’s head. “No killing!” Kyu shouted behind her. Hachi changed her position in midair and shot his shoulder. She did a somersault turn on the floor.

“You did it like James Bond.” One of the enemies said.

“James Bond learned it from me.” Hachi said as she stood up.

“James Bond is movie character…”

Hachi shot him. “If you hadn’t said that, we could’ve been great friends.” Hachi said before she ran away.

From a distance, it looked like Kyu was dancing and swinging her knives wildly around her. But she really was doing was cutting all the opponents around her. Some of their clothes fell torn to the floor, and they ran off in shame. “Yeah, just go running crying to your momma now!”

Someone grabbed her by the elbow and she stabbed him in the shoulder without as much as looking at him.

She heard Hachi’s step behind her and right after Hachi screamed. “Jump!” Hachi slid under Kyu, firing her gun at every men in front of her, causing them to fall to ground. In the air Kyu held up so many knives that it looked as if she was holding two fans in her hands before throwing them, each and everyone hitting a target. She landed beside Hachi and they looked at each other with approving looks. “Yeah!” They said simultaneously and stabbed a man behind the other girl.

Nana had ended up on the other side of the fighting area, defeating the men alone one by one. She spun the iron chain she had found on the ground above her head, launching it at anyone who would come too close. Thinking it was too easy and boring, she threw the chain away and begun her speciality, mortal combat. She held her fists in front of her face. She didn’t move an inch, she just waited for them to come to her. The men looked scared of her, not willing to approach. When they didn’t attack, she launched forward, taking five down in a combo she learnt from the old monks in Tibet. She raised her hands and did a complex motion to summon the force of the dragon within her. She attacked them again, this time with double force in her punches and soon there was a wide circle of knocked down men around her.

“Wasn’t that from the movie we saw a couple of days ago?” Hachi asked Nana.

“No, it’s the story of my life.”

“We saw it on TV three days ago.” Kyu stated.

“They stole my life story!” Nana said and punched the last man standing in the face. “I should get paid…”
Kyu looked at her watch and let out a small laugh. “Four and a half minute, I’m impressed.”

They looked at the boys who were staring out into the distance with terrified looks upon their faces.

Kyu squatted down beside Taemin and slapped him twice. “Wake up. Danger’s gone.” He turned to look at her with big eyes.

“What exactly are you?” Taecyeon asked as he stood on shaky legs.

The sound of a helicopter landing behind them prevented them from answering. They all turned to look at the big black helicopter, and out stepped a big man dressed in a black suit and sunglasses. Taemin hid behind Kyu, glancing over her shoulder. Kikwang grabbed Hachi’s arm and Taecyeon looked at Nana and figured it wouldn’t be worth hiding behind her.

Suddenly the man starting clapping and the three girls bowed. “Boss!”

“Well done girls, I’m impressed by your contribution.”

“Thank you, Boss!”

“If you have been here all the time, why didn’t you come and help?” Hachi questioned.

“I wanted to see my baby girls’ improvement!” He lifted his sunglasses and wiped a tear from the corner of his eye. “But anyway,” he pushed between the three girls and looked at the still terrified boys, “I assume we have some serious explaining to do. These girls are the best spies in their age. Basically, they were assigned to protect you 24/7. Questions? No? Good. Now we have to go, there’s a car waiting to take you home. Okay, thanks, bye.”

“But…”

But the girls had already been dragged inside the helicopter and could only look at the boys through the window.