The mission

Code Name 7 8 9

Nana placed one foot on the ground and stepped out of the car. She put her sunglasses on as the sun hit her face. A good feeling about this mission came across her, but she could not really put her finger on what it was.

Looking to her side she saw her companions walking towards her, towards the headquarter.

“Nana!” Hachi exclaimed when she saw her older friend and started waving violently.

“Good to see you again, it’s been too long.” Kyu said and bent down to give Nana a hug. “You still haven’t grown any taller.”

Nana punched her arm but she could not keep a smile from forming on her lips. Around those morons it was impossible not to smile. “Let’s go inside, shall we?”

 

-:{}:-

 

“It has been a while since the three of worked on a mission together, right?” Boss tapped his chin with his index finger. “Although it’s still separate missions you will have.”

Hachi tilted her head. “I don’t get it. Are we doing a mission together or not?”

“Both.” Boss simply answered and left Hachi even more confused than when she asked her question.

Kyu spun around in her chair and giggled. “Can you just tell us what we are going to do already?”

Boss slammed three maps on the table keeping them apart. “There is one for each one of you. These are your missions, keep them safe no matter what.” He had the girls’ fullest attention and they all leaned in closer to get a better look as he picked up the first map. “Nana, you have been assigned to take care of Ok Taecyeon. Read the profile yourself later.” He tossed her the map and she caught it perfectly in the air. “Hachi, your boy to protect is Lee Kikwang. And Kyu yours is Lee Taemin.” Boss paused and looked out of the window.

“So, more exactly, what is our mission?” Kyu asked as she quickly briefed through the boy’s profile.

“Their parents have had a few bad encounters with an underground community, and they fear for their children’s lives. What you have to do is to keep them safe 24/7. You will attend the same school as them, you will be in all their classes and you will even install cameras in their rooms.”

“Even in the bathroom?” Hachi asked, earning a slap in the back of her head from Kyu.

“The three of you will have to do whatever it takes to keep them safe, fights will be impossible to avoid.” Boss continued, ignoring Hachi’s question.

“That’s not exactly something new.” Nana pointed out and threw her fists in the air as if she was preparing herself for a fight.

Boss sighed and rolled his eyes. “By looking at you, no one could ever expect the three of you to be Koreas top teen agents.”

“That’s a good thing though, to keep us from blowing our cover.” Kyu smiled and scratched her nose.

“Anyway… Whatever you do, you must never, ever tell them that you are agents or that you are there to protect them. Understood?”

“Yes, Boss!” They all replied in unite.

“Hey, my guy to protect is really cute!” Kyu said looking at the picture of the boy. Hachi peeked over her shoulder and giggled. “What?” Kyu demanded to know.

“He is younger than you.” Hachi said.

“He is not!”

“Yes he is!” Hachi insisted.

“No, he is not!” Kyu protested.

“Have you read his profile yet?” Nana simply asked. She could never stay out of their arguments.

“Oh, right!” Kyu eyed through his profile, and let out a laugh. “Why look at that, he is younger than me. Well, it’s just a year.”

“You’re always drawn to younger boys.” Nana said.

“Pedo noona…” Hachi muttered under her breath.

Kyu pretended she didn’t hear them and looked at Boss who was staring out the window. “Boss, how can I attend his class when I’m one year older than him?”

“You had a disease when you were little.” Boss answered without looking away from the window. He must have found something pretty interesting out there.

“Oh really?” Nana exclaimed happily. “What kind of disease?”

“What is there to be happy about?” Boss cocked one eyebrow looking at Nana with her hands clasped together in excitement. “She was very weak and had to be at hospital for a year to be able to grow as a normal child. Nana, Taecyeon is one year older than you, so your excuse is basically that you were really smart as a child.”

Nana nodded while Hachi and Kyu tried to muffle a laugh, but failed. Nana glared at them. “That is not funny!”

“What about me?” Hachi asked excited.

“You? Nothing.” Boss said and waved her off.

“But… I really want something.” Hachi looked up him with her big, round eyes. Pleading.

“Well… Your mother had a coffee shop.”

“Yes!” Hachi pumped her fist as if she had concurred the greatest success in the world. Nana and Kyu looked at each other and shrugged. Nothing could be done with their friend.

“You will be on your mission starting tomorrow and thereby you’ll be attending school starting tomorrow. I expect the best result from you girls now, both in school and in the mission.”

“Of course, Boss!” They all grabbed their maps and their belongings and got ready to leave.

“Oh wait! I forgot to tell you that you’ll be living in the school from now on.”

 

-:{}:-

 

“This will be awesome!” Kyu clapped her hands together and bounced up and down. “I’m so excited; I’m really looking forward to high school!”

“It’s been ages since I attended high school.” Nana said, leaning against the wall as they waited for the costume expert to bring their school uniforms.

“You have never attended high school, we went to agent school instead.” Hachi pointed out confused.

“Exactly my point.” Nana said and stood up straight as their uniforms were brought to them. Nana held it up in front of her face, her eyes wide open and jaw on the floor. “This skirt is way to short!”

“Nah, you’re exaggerating. I think it’s cute!” Hachi held it in front of her body to see if it would fit.

“It’s just a uniform, what is there to discuss?” Kyu said and threw a single glance at the uniform before turning to their costume expert. “Where is the gun expert? Aren’t we getting any guns for this mission?”

“You can’t bring guns to school.”

“What? No weapons?” Kyu looked devastated as the girl shook her head. “Not even a tiny, little knife?” The short girl in front of her continued to shake her head. “My entire world just crashed.” Kyu whined. Hachi patted her head as comfort. “See it as a chance to a relaxing mission without any violence.”

“But how will we defend ourselves when the bad guys from the underground community come and try to kill our objects?” Kyu said, tears in her eyes.

“Pull yourself together, woman!” Nana said. “That’s why we learned kung fu.”

 

-:{}:-

 

“This is really uncomfortable.” Nana complained. “The skirt is too short, I feel like I am shoving way too much skin to the world.”

“Not at all, Nana.” Hachi said comfortingly. “You look cute.”

“Well, cute is not helping right now.” Nana objected trying to pull down the skirt a few more inches.

“Can you guys shut up and just look at this huge place!” Kyu interrupted before the argument could grow bigger, her face glued against the toned window of the car that brought them here. “Don’t tell me this is a school for only rich and spoiled kids.”

“Didn’t Boss tell you that?” Their chauffeur asked surprised.

“No, he forgot to mention that.” Kyu replied coldly. “I hate spoiled kids, they are always dead arrogant and deserve to get beaten up…” Kyu looked down at her old, worn out sneakers and did not want to think of what the students at this school would be wearing.

“By the way, why are we here so damn early?” Hachi wondered and looked at her watch. “School doesn’t start before another hour.”

The chauffeur sighed. “Boss really did leave out much information yesterday.”

“We are obviously here to install the cameras in the objects’ rooms.” Nana said.

“Oh. But how do we know which is their room?” Hachi continued with her endless questions.

Kyu opened the door and stepped put, stretching her legs as the sun caressed her face. “Hachi, you’ll have to learn how to improvise, how to go with the flow.” She turned to her friends still inside the car. “Come on, let’s go!” She stuck her head inside the car and told the chauffeur her goodbye before she dragged the other girls with her towards the enormous building. “This will be so much fun!”