.008

Nine Months

Title: Of Tension and ual Frustration (Part II)

Rating: PG-13 (Just to be safe)

WC: 3,408

A/N: I just want to clarify some things in case you guys are confused, the story is titled as Nine Months, it pertains the nine month cycle of a pregnant lady and all the drastic changes and happenings involved in. The story was originally plotted as a short chaptered, maybe like ten or couple more chapters only, but I’ve decided to change that and add a little more. But the main story is about Hyukjae’s life as he starts his own family, and we’re only on the beginning of it (perhaps at the middle already depends on how my brain works). So please bear with me for a while before I go deeper into the main story.

 

 

                For the fourth time on that special day, Hyukjae unconciously wiped his sweaty palms in his pants as they stood firmly beside the groom, waiting for Nari’s entourage to enter the hall. The time has come for Shindong and his long time girlfriend to tie the knot, and even if he’s not the one getting married, Hyukjae couldn’t help but feel more anxious than the groom. The atmosphere surrounding him has been thick and heavy since he arrived at the place after picking up Gyuri as planned. His mind is just not focused enough to calm his nerves and smile at the guests, it has been on whirlwind right after his parents gave him looks when Gyuri came out of his ride. And to top everything off, the girl of his fantasies is just, simply dressed to take your breath away.

She had been the topic as soon as people land their sight on her, and the fact that Hyukjae is the one who came with her, just made everything problematic. There’s a fifty-fifty chance of he’ll make it out alive tonight. People will surely haunt him for answers and he’s positive that the leading in that race would be his loving mother.

Mrs. Lee had been scrutinizing Gyuri from the sidelines with a pleasing smile on her thin lips. And it didn’t escape Hyukjae’s hawk like eyes, how she did nod her head a couple of times. He could already picture it, his mom would interrupt them in the middle of conversation and she’ll be all proud and merry as she introduces herself and such things that she often does whenever there’s a girl that she likes. Then there would be those Little Hyukjae’s Stories and so on and so fort, great, people will know his lifestory even before he decides to write his autobiography.

The instrumental sound of the popular foreign song ‘Runaway’ suddenly played and the bride’s entourage slowly entered, people rose from their seats and their sides, all wanting to catch a glimpse of the bride before the groom could. Hyukjae didn’t mind at all, his eyes were still on the first girl it saw since it woke up. Gyuri just looks so stunning in her red dress that goes down up to her mid-thigh flaunting those smooth y legs, her dark blonde hair had been curled and a layer of it was clipped on one side with a white flower for accent. She had a light make-up and a smile that felt so warm and lovely. She definitely looks different from their previous meetings in Heechul’s club, where she looks like a vixen on haunt. Today, Gyuri is more than just the princess that he had imagined.

As everyone got settled back in their seats and the ceremony started, the young CEO’s mind had unconciously wandered on a different path, away from the fairytale like dream, not even the single glance Gyuri threw his way managed to catch his mind. A vision of him in Shindong’s position made him on full alert. Few years ago, it could’ve been him in that situation. It would’ve been the marriage of the year; he would’ve been the one reciting the pledge. If only things worked out.

But nothing works out for the young CEO.

There was a sad smile on his lips as his friends exchange vows, it should be a joyful day, yet, the memory of what could’ve been ruined the undistinguished mood of the bachelor.

“Forget her,” two simple words that came from a whisper on his right side gave Hyukjae a slight push to escape the threatening invasion of sadness and pity. “You deserve better,” there’s a gentle smile on Sungmin’s lips as he turned to him.

Hyukjae nodded his head and forced himself to think of other things, better things, like that girl wearing the brightest color of all the colors available at the moment.

 

The sudden emotion of sadness washed away as soon as the ceremony ended, people gathered around the new husband and wife and soon pictures were taken and smiles radiated throughout the whole room. The lack of air that Hyukjae felt before returned in double, as Gyuri walked towards his place, along with the increased beating of his hearts. He caught a few winks from his friends and the world decided to spin on its own when she greeted them with a smile that Hyukjae wants to be for him and only for him.

“You look dashing as usual,” Siwon was the first person to greet her back with a hug and a peck on her blushing cheeks.

“And as usual, you just look exactly like the model that you were,” her laughs were like bells ringing inside Hyukjae’s ears. Bringing a distinguished melody that is soothing and so unlike from all the other sounds he had heard before.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna be a model?” Kyuhyun asked as he too, hugged her in greeting. The sight making Hyukjae feel a little bit uneasy. There’s just something in Kyuhyun, in which he can’t utterly understand why after knowing each other since diapers, that made him feel uneasy whenever he’s with Gyuri and Gyuri only. He could care less if Kyuhyun’s flirting with any other girl out there, but Gyuri’s case is a bit different.

“Nah, I’ll just leave the job to this freak over here,” she lightly elbowed the model and returned her gaze at the group. “But, looking at you all right now, everyone could do the job.”

“You think?” A hopeful glint is evident in Donghae’s eyes.

“Woah, is our Mr. Music Man giving up?” Said guy glared at Heechul but pouted afterwards. “It’s hard to find a stable job,” he puffed his cheeks and looked away, obviously annoyed and somewhat embarrassed.

“You know you’re always welcome in my café,” Yesung winked at the man and earned a whine in response. “Anyways, Gyuri I think you haven’t met my girlfriend, this is Seungyeon,” a petite girl standing beside Yesung came out in full view and smiled at the photographer.

“I’ve heard a lot about you Gyuri-ssi,” she held her hand out and the latter took it cordially.

“I hope it’s good though,” she smiled at her and immediately felt comfortable as Seungyeon chuckled lightly; displaying the baby face she hides.

“He’s a bit weird but he never lies about someone’s good points,” Yesung smiled proudly and s a hand around Seungyeon’s waist. “I only tell her what I see and I could say she already proved it herself,” his remark earned a grin from Gyuri and a smirk on Kyuhyun as he take a look at Hyukjae’s side.

“What?” The young CEO asked in irritation.

“Nothing, you’re such a moody person, hyung,” the younger answered in all innocence. “By the way, where’s Yoobin?”

“She has last minute appointment, but she said she’ll be here as soon as it finishes,” Gyuri answered and waved at Shindong who was searching around for his friends.

“Hey!” His voice was laced with overflowing excitement and joy as he called for them. “Won’t anyone congratulate me?!” They all smiled and walked towards the first person to marry in their group.

“Congratulations hyung!”

“Yah Shindong-ah, how come you’re married before me?”

“You better treat her nicely hyung”

“Congratulations to the both of you,” the couple were all smiles as the group fired them with greetings.

“Enough with that, let’s take a photo!” He excitedly said and ushered for the others to scramble on their legs and get in position.

The photo session seemed like a great idea to the groom, and whatever it is that he has in his mind unconciously transported to Heechul’s radar and then to everyone else.

All them single handed stood proudly at the back and left the front row to the couples. With smiles that could light up even the farthest village in civilization, the guys pushed Hyukjae to Gyuri’s side just as the photographer hit the button. One shot, that was all they got and none of them complained, except for Hyukjae of course. How ever the photo would come out, Shindong will surely hang that one in his wall, and perhaps, Hyukjae might want a copy too.

Despite his little anger towards his friends for the treatment just now, the anxiousness of the young CEO remained on the top pyramid of his emotions. Gyuri smelled of tropical fruits and vanilla, and her distinct scent made all those sleepless nights came back in Hyukjae’s system.

They have kissed. Yes, have, and no other living soul knows about it.

An embarrassed cough escaped his lips; he smiled foolishly at the prying eyes and held his hands firmly. Gyuri is sitting next to him and his dear friend is busy socializing with everyone, but Gyuri is sitting next to him. Close. She’s talking to Seungyeon and everyone else has their own business, it seemed innocent and natural but Hyukjae felt a friction of heat down under the tables, making him squirm a little uncomfortably in his seat.

Unbeknownst to the eager eyes of his mother, Gyuri’s smooth legs are brushing against his. And it felt good. So damn good. It took all of his will and all the angels above to remain indifferent.

“Here comes your mom,” Donghae informed him and nodded his head towards the direction and sure enough she’s approaching, fast approaching, all smiles and blissful eyes.

“Hello boys,” Hyukjae cringed at her high pitched tone. “And girls,” she turned to the girls and Hyukjae felt Gyuri’s leg part from his. He groaned inwardly.

“Mrs. Lee,” Leeteuk moved from another seat and gave his vacant chair to the former.

“Still as caring,” she sat down with all of her fortune. “You all look dashing tonight.”

“Not as dashing as you are,” she chuckled at Heechul’s antics.

“You never changed Heechul-ah”

“There’ll be no fun if I do,” he winked blatantly and her chuckles turned to laughs.

All the while, Hyukjae had been silent and rejecting the stares his mother has been sending him. He had his palm laying flat against his thighs and his senses are in full alarm. Beside him, Gyuri is smiling. Innocently smiling, and Hyukjae wants nothing but to pick her up and put her inside his pocket.

“Anyway,” the tone of his mother picked his breathing up. “Your number increased,” the young CEO tried to deny her eyes once again yet failed when his friends joined the gaze. “Would you, introduce me to your friend, son?”

On the corner of his eyes he saw Gyuri blushing. He sighed.

“Mom, this is Gyuri, Siwon’s friend,” he purposely emphasized his friend’s name and ‘friend’, approving the look he received from his mother when her smile turned down a notch.

“Oh...” she looked at the girl and at Siwon, then back to her son. “But I saw her coming out of your car,” she had a confused and unsure look and even with his friends’ snickers, Hyukjae is satisfied.

“Yeah well, it was a favor from a hyung,” he ignored the look Gyuri gave him and focused on his mother and on ways to make her leave them, immediately.

“I see...” she nodded her head, eyeing Hyukjae in a manner that could only mean one thing, she didn’t buy it. “Either way, its nice meeting such a young beautiful lady like you, Gyuri-ssi,” her smile revived and her equanimity and confidence was back at once.

 “Like wise, Mrs. Lee,” there is that winning smile that Hyukaje couldn’t resist.

“How does a coffee with Seungyeon-ah sounds to you?”

“I would love that.”

His mom’s pleasing smile that she gave out told Hyukjae of the stories she had told him once he was a child, “Great. Well, I’ve babbled enough, I’ll leave you guys alone.” Her eyes lingered at Gyuri and those stories that little Hyukjae heard before is ringing inside his head at the moment, “Call me often son.”

The tension that was built up from the moment the day had begun left Hyukjae along with the leaving steps of his mother. He heaved a sigh of relief.

“Seriously? Gyuri is Siwon’s friend?” Heechul asked in disbelief when Hyukjae’s mom is in a good amount of distance.

“Why?” He asks, “Is there a problem with that?”

“Hyukjae, what are we to her?” Donghae looked disappointed.

“I’m sorry, okay?” He looked at Gyuri, “I only said that so she’ll leave us alone.”

“I understand,” her voice is small and her eyes were downcasted. Too far from the girl who talked to her mother, a stranger in her own.

“You’re better than that, Hyukjae-ah,” and he, himself couldn’t agree more to what Yesung had said.

 

Silence fell down upon Hyukjae. He felt stupid with his answer and regretted the way he acted towards his mom just then, he had admitted to himself that Yesung was right and accepted the thought that Gyuri must be disappointed with him now. But everything has been said and done, people had returned to their fun including his friends. There is no way he could take everything back.

“Hey,” he felt a jabbing in his torso.

“What?” He asked without interest, his eyes were off to somewhere distant from their current location.

“Are you okay?” He tilted his head to his side for a better view of the voice and saw Gyuri worriedly looking back at him.

“Yeah,” he leaned back on his chair as Gyuri tilted her body to his direction. “I really am sorry, Gyuri-ssi.”

There’s a tight smile on Gyuri’s lips as she acknowledge him, “Its okay. I’m fine.”

“But my mom, sh –” Eunhyuk stiffened on his seat as long slender fingers took its landing on his cheek. He looked up.

“I did say I’m fine, right?” He nodded stiffly and Gyuri had a smile that looks different from all the others. “So loosen up,” his eyes only doubled its size when those fingers changed direction and fell down to his thigh.

He only sat up straight while Gyuri turned her attention back to the group; her hand never leaving Hyukjae’s certain body part.

It was sitting there on his thigh, just innocently resting there, but Hyukjae’s mind begs to differ. Away from the smile and happy thoughts that was created in the room, Gyuri’s hand made him feel uncomfortable in all the right ways. He tried to ignore it and indulge himself with his friend’s conversation but it only left him stuttering.

He dropped off the thought immediately. His friends will surely find out if he starts talking.

A patent heat radiating from the contact with Gyuri’s hand made its way to the back of his neck. He coughed. The room is still lively, people never stopped praising the new couple, and his current table remains busy, but everything was left unnoticed by the young CEO.

His attention was focused on that hand he was staring at. Slender fingers that look so smooth, it had already threaded its way on his hair. He already had the pleasure to feel it against him as they collided to share the same air. As they went back to kill the new life they’ve gain after that short break.

Her fingers were there when they kissed. The vivid memory of it is the sole thing running in his imagination.

He swallowed down the lump that had formed in is throat.

“...Hyukjae-ah..,” he snapped back in reality.

“Y-yeah?” He could feel his blood flow down and out of his body through that imaginary hole in his thigh as their eyes lingered in him.

“You look distracted, is something wrong?” He tried to focus on Sungmin’s worried look and answer him but the vixen on his side chose that time to lazily run her hand on his thigh.

“Is it coming back? Do you want to go home?” If only he could cry out of happiness towards the unending flowing of concern from his friends, he would. But he can’t, and he’s having a hard time controlling his hormones as Gyuri’s palm creates a friction in between bare skin and clothing.

“No. I’m f-fine,” luckily enough, Sungmin bought his words, but not Cho Kyuhyun.

Apparently, the evil maknae had been idly watching him until he caught Gyuri’s hand touching his hyung’s cheek. He had already made assumptions when her hand disappeared under the table, and just to make everything right, Cho Kyuhyun purposely dropped his fork to the ground. Of course, no one suspected him and it was just so easy to bend down and grab the said utensil but it took him more than just seconds, for the sly maknae did more than just that. To make it short, Kyuhyun checked out what goes down under the table.

Hyukjae could lie all he want but he will never convince the maknae, and the way he talks just gives him away. “He’s perfectly fine,” Hyukjae looked at him irritated but his eyes widened in its replace when Kyuhyun’s composure didn’t waver any bit.

“,” he muttered under his breath and diverted his gaze towards anything but the smug maknae while he continues to fight against the alluring heat that is now slowly creeping higher on his thigh, higher, and dangerously, closer to his treasured jewel.

A thin layer of sweat formed in his forehead and his fists are tightly clenched leaving marks of nails in to his palm. But Gyuri still remains artless, or atleast that’s what he likes to think and not go into conclusions that, the way she smiles towards her conversation with Seungyeon isn’t innocent at all. Because no matter how much he tries to fight the feeling, Hyukjae surely likes the way her palm run along, but he’ll never admit that. No. He will not admit that, now more often than not, Gyuri is making that crazy feeling in his stomach, nor he will say that he’s glad that his mom came over to their table.

His pride won’t submit that easily. He’s not a CEO for nothing; after all, he’s handled different kinds of situations and deals with people everyday. He’s a business man.  However, Gyuri isn’t a business deal that he can handle easily like he always does. She’s more than anything compared to the girls that he had been with in the past years. Unreadable and full of surprises, that’s how he finds her.

She’s a box of present.

And Hyukjae loves opening presents. With every allowed chance he has with her, Hyukjae unwraps each of them one by one. And perhaps, today is a special occasion for him to receive such gift despite of the day belonging to his friend who just got married.

 

His fist unclasped and dragged its own to his forehead. Gyuri’s hand didn’t stop its ministrations. He wiped his sweat and tried to cough. Uncomfortable would be an understatement, he’s practically dying inside. Inspite of just sitting there, he could feel his kness losing its strength and his breathing started getting laboured. His neck and ears are absolutely hot, a complete contrast to his cold sweaty palms. His mind is already clouded with thoughts of Gyuri screaming his name while she arches her back into pleasure. And to make everything worse, he could hear a life shouting from the South.

“I s-should go,” if not, that small voice from the South would be heard by them all.

“Already?” He glared at Kyuhyun whose eyes never left him.

“Are you sure?” His eyes turn hopeful at the sound of Sungmin’s angelic voice. He nodded.

“Okay, call us if something happens,” he nodded once again towards Leeteuk’s direction.

“But what about Gyuri?” Said girl finally stopped his hand, making the tense young CEO let out the air his been holding on.

Heechul saw.

“I’m alright, I need to finish something anyways,” she flicked her hair to the side, her eyes telling a different story.

“Are you sure?” Siwon looked at her.

“Yeah,” she patted his arm and winked at him.

“But Yoobin’s still not here.”

“I’ll just give her a call,” she smiled to everyone, taking a quick note of how Kyuhyun looked, as she stands next to Hyukjae.

“Get her home safely, Hyukjae,” Leeteuk warned but meant nothing.

Hyukjae offered his arm to Gyuri and awkwardly started his steps only to stop when Heechul’s voice rung inside the room leaving all eyes on both of them, “And be safe.”