.011

Nine Months

Title: Boy’s Talk

Rating: PG-13

WC: 1,492

A/N: Inspired by the chat I’ve had with the girls last night (think all you want :p).

 

 

                The booming sound of heavy bass exploded in the room of neon lights, considering that it’s a Monday night, the club is unexpectedly full. He threaded his way over to their claimed place and slumped himself beside the person on the open, Sungmin. Upon seeing his presence, the boys recomposed themselves, pushing one bottle of untouched beer in him.

“You’re late,” Heechul stated.

“Woah, did we assign a time in?” Hyukjae chuckled at his own lame answer. “What?” He asked when all he got were blank stares and silence. “Oh c’mon. Beat the crap, what?”

“You asked for it,” Sungmin warned before continuing on, “What happened last night?”

He almost choked on his drink when the invisible curiousity came out in the open, “Again, what are you guys talking? Or worst, implying?”

“Don’t play dumb Hyukjae-ah, we both know you clearly hear me out last night ‘be careful’,” Heechul air qouted as he stare intensely at the younger.

“Yes, I clearly hear you out and probably all of them too,” he defended. “And I did, just not the way what you guys are thinking.”

“So you know what we’re thinking.”

“Yes hyung, your expressions says it all. Dirty,” he answered confidently even though it was more of a statement rather than a question from Yesung.

“Learning about how her hand made a move on your thigh, you can’t tell us what to think about Hyukjae-ah,” Leeteuk came out; the seriousness was masked with exhaustion.

He sighed, rubbing his temples, “Let me get this straight, you’re asking me if we had ?” They nodded and all Hyukjae could do was laugh, loud. “I can’t believe you guys!”

“I can’t believe it either, but Kyu made it clear,” he stopped at Sungmin’s response and glared at their maknae.

“You always believe to whatever this spoiled brat says.”

“Why wouldn’t they believe me? Hyung..,” he raised his hand in the air and waved it, smirking at the young CEO’s baffled expression.

Siwon sighed dramatically, putting his fingers in his chin he said, “Oh God, what happened to my dear friend? It’s all your fault Hyukjae.”

“Hey!” He raised his hands and waved it out, “I didn’t do anything, plus Gyuri’s as innocent as a baby, well probably not a baby but still, she knows what she is doing.” He said out, convincing his friend.

“So you two didn’t do it?” He nodded, looking straight at Ryeowook.

“That’s bull!” Heechul retorted.

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, “Whatever you say hyung. I know Gyuri isn’t the type of person who would do something she’ll regret.”

“And what made you say that?” He stopped, pondering, thinking thoroughly of how to asnwer such question because they all know that the only person who actually know Gyuri well is their model friend itself.

“Her e-eyes,” he looked around the table, “it gives her away.”

Everyone turned silent, scrutinizing the person charged in the hot seat, seemingly accepting his answer. It was Kyuhyun who broke it off, leaning back on the couch and crossing his arm, “I will take your words hyung, but if anything happens to her, I wouldn’t think twice of punching you.”

He gulped, hesistantly nodding his head.

“I know it’s rare for us to care like this, but she’s like Nari and Seungyeon, if Shindong or Yesung even try to cheat on them, friends or not, we’d beat either one to consciousness,” Leeteuk warned glancing at Yesung’s side but the former had the young CEO’s full attention. “Do you get what I’m saying? We are not like any other guys out there, we might play but we don’t hurt, especially the likes of her.”

He nodded.

“Might I add, you know I don’t interfere with your business, but Gyuri is my friend I was the one who introduced her to everyone, and if one of you offended her, ually or in any way it felt bad, I would definitely mind.”

“I know Siwon-ah,” he sighed. “Seriously guys, I know our rules. And again, we didn’t do it, and I don’t have a plan of playing with her.”

“We’re just reminding you Hyukjae-ah,” Sungmin patted his back. “We saw how Gyuri affects you, and we’ve kind of felt attached to her now. We don’t want any of you hurting each other,” Hyukjae smiled appreciatively at the older, all trace of enjoyment was left somewhere in the back of his mind.

 

The atmosphere around the table was as thick as the make-up of the girl that passed them and tried to flirt with Ryeowook. Hyukjae’s cold beer, or rather beer filled with water of the melted ice, tasted bitter than ever it was, perhaps it was his mood. He heard a coughing sound and the next thing he knows is all pair of eyes was back on him.

“Did you get hard?” His eyes widened at the vulgar question of the ever playful Heechul.

“W-what?!” He saw Kyuhyun trying his best to hide his chuckles and for once, Hyukjae saw him cute.

“Why so surprised?” The older leaned back so casually like this is just some normal conversation being exchanged every day by sane people.

“Are we seriously having this talk right now?”

“Yes,” he felt betrayed at the way Siwon looked excited.

“What happened to the ‘Don’t you dare hurt Gyuri’?”

“Are you seriously thinking that we’ll leave it like that? That was just the beginning Hyukjae-ah, a pre-warning,” Yesung informed, placing his hand over Heechul’s shoulders as he leaned his back to rest.

Shivers run down his whole body when the distance between him and Sungmin went missing, “Did little Hyukjae woke up to life?” His ears felt like exploding from hotness, Hyukjae is a hundred percent positive he resembles a bright red tomato.

“You guys are weird, why ask this question?” He pulled off Sungmin’s arms that – out of his knowldege – were hanging on his shoulders.

“Because we know how girls affect us, hyung,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, patience running off.

“Well, I’m not like you.”

“Are you sure?” He was taken aback at Ryeowook’s doubtful question.

“Where’s Donghae anyway?” He asked nervously.

“Don’t try to change the subject hyung.”

“Well, I am sure Ryeowook. Now can we change the subject? It’s uncomfortable and think about Gyuri,” he heaved a sigh of relief when no one protested.

But not for long, Heechul seems to be in a great mood to put him in the center of attention when he suddenly asked, “When’s the last time you had Hyukjae?”

If there is a place in which Hyukjae would never want to visit again before he dies out of embarassment, that would be Heechul’s club. He would also buy a time travel to escape this day. He will do anything just to vanish from where he is currently sitting at. Anything, “Why not ask Yesung hyung?”

“I love my girlfriend and I’d rather not answer that, thank you very much.”

“Same goes for me, only I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Which means there’s no point of not answering the question, past is past, no lingering feelings should be left behind,” Kyuhyun is smart, Hyukjae knows that, but now he wish the younger isn’t.

“But I still respcet my past,” he defended.

“You’re such a gentleman Hyukjae, very noble of you,” he was ready to give Leeteuk his infamous gummy smile if only the older didn’t open his mouth again, “Who’s the last girl before Gyuri?”

He facepalmed

Names of different girls came out flying off their lips and suddenly it felt like world war three. The boys were unbelievably excited over the simple matter of naming Hyukjae’s last activity with. If only they know he couldn’t quite remember who it was, but that is for the better.

“Wait! I’ve got a gift for you little rascal,” there was a glint of mischievousness in Heechul when he pulled something out of his pocket and threw the object towards the latter.

Hyukjae’s instinct told him not to catch it, but he did. Turning the little box around, his jaw literally dropped and laughters were ringing around the table, “Hyung!” His face could never be brighter than how red it already is.

“What?” Heechul feigned innocence and pulled out an aegyo.

He raised the box, “What is the meaning of this?”

“Oh you know, just something from me,” Heechul’s smile is so good it could melt any girl’s heart. “When Kyu told the story about the hand, I just can’t help myself.” He looked at Kyuhyun and winked, “But sorry, I know you love strawberry and yet I still got you banana flavor, because well, the smell is stronger. The room would smell of bananas instead of .”

Hyukjae groaned, shaking his head, “I can’t believe you hyung.”

“You’ll thank me later, honey.”

“For the condoms? Yes thank you very much hyung, I appreciate your kindness,” he said sarcastically but the box full of protection is already secured inside his pocket.