.003

Nine Months

Title: In the Club

Rating: PG

WC: 1,973

A/N: I’ve managed to update three days in a row! *screams MIRACLE* and also started the little teasing...and wishing that I can continue with the phase.

               

 

                From their location, every one can see clearly how the sea of people parted ways and made an entry for the two. There are girls trying to catch Siwon’s attention and some regulars that played friendly towards the popular guy, but what caught Hyukjae’s attention was, how some of the guys tried to make a move towards the girl that came along with his friend. It didn’t look too serious and Hyukjae saw how Gyuri rejected the guys, she can handle them quite amazingly.

A whistle came from behind him and afterwards, a rather lazy arm dropped in his shoulders, “Well, isn’t she such a scene?” Heechul blew hotly in his ear and Hyukjae suddenly felt dizzy, “Can you handle that?”

He pried off the older’s arm and looked him in the eye, “I think I can manage just fine, thank you hyung

Heechul have two kinds of smirk, one is like the good one, the playful one, and the other, it’s the kind of smirk that pisses you off, and unfortunately, Hyukjae’s receiving the second one, “You sure about that?”

“Come on Heechul-ah leave the kid, you know the rules,” Leeteuk being the oldest came in between, “Same goes for you guys, Hyukjae already set his eyes on her so don’t do anything,” there’s a groan and Hyukjae couldn’t decide if he should be happy with it or not.

“I guess, I’ll play best friend then,” Shindong declared before going off for the two.

“I want to be best friend too!” Sungmin took off right after.

Donghae came behind him and copied Heechul’s prior actions, “Come on buddy, I’ll be the guard,” and with that, he managed to pull the young CEO with him towards the rest of their friends.

Up close, Hyukjae mentally take note of Gyuri’s clothes, a black skinny jeans and a silk button up that’s messedly tuck inside her jeans with one end hanging loosely around and sleeves folded up to her forearm and the first two buttons ed, and a pair of gladiator sandals with an antique brown leather sling bag. Her dark blonde locks were curled and are freely dancing around her back as she moves around.

 “We’re glad you can come,” Leeteuk smiled

“Thank you for inviting me,” she’s sweeter than before, Hyukjae noticed.

They moved back to their booth and settled down for some light talk and more drinks, “So this is your club?” She asked as Heechul handed her a ladies’ drink, “Thank you”

“Yeah well, we’re one of the top,” he winked at her and Donghae abruptly made a coughing sound.

She laughed, “I can see why,” she motioned at the people down the dance floor and back at them.

 “Do you dance?” She hesitated with a shy blush painting her cheeks.

“I’m not good at it”

Donghae smiled, “Hyukjae’s a prodigy”

If it happened to be that he still have that beer, Hyukjae could just go home and not come out for the rest of his life, he made a quick glare at his friend and recomposed himself.

“You are?” The glistening sparkle in her eyes made it obvious why Hyukjae can’t look at her directly.

“Dancing Machine,” Ryeowook innocently blurted out and he don’t know if Ryeowook’s on his side really or Heechul’s right about him, ‘just because being paid by Hyukjae’.

Kyuhyun, who does nothing but love to see his hyungs shrink on their seats adds on, “You should see him dance, Gyuri-ah,” he finished it of with his infamous smirk.

“Since when did the formality fall off?” Yesung arched a brow towards the maknae.

“Since 1988, right Gyuri-ah?” she hesitantly nodded but smiled at the end, getting comfortable around the guys.

“You sure do know how to be quick,” he laughed at the remark.

“Nothing will happen if I just sit down in the corner,” he looked at Hyukjae with such challenge, “So how about showing Gyuri-ah how you move, Hyukjae hyung

At Gyuri’s gleeful smile, Hyukjae cursed Kyuhyun for the second time that night and nth time for all this time. “Maybe next time,” he rejected as kindly as he possibly could.

“Aww, why are you rejecting the simple request, Hyukjae-ah,” nothing would come off if you’re cornered by Heechul and Kyuhyun, the two people that has the most dominant mindset.

“My glass is empty, hyung,” he stretched on the last word with a forced smile and gritted teeth.

Heechul looked across the table and cutely but teasingly talked to Kyuhyun, “What shall we do Kyuhyunnie? Hyukjae-ah said he’s already finished his glass,” he pouted his lips and winked at Leeteuk who rolled his eyes before excusing himself.

“What a shame hyung,” blunt, absolutely blunt.

“Yeah, I bet now Gyuri thinks you’re not the manly type, getting done with just a glass of beer,” Heechul leaned closer to the said girl and draped his arms around her shoulders.

“Just one glass?” She asked bewildered and quite shocked. Hyukjae, without any choice, glared at the man as if it would kill Heechul.

“Yes honey, Hyukjae doesn’t drink after his first glass. He’s such a good boy,” he looked directly at the latter as he whispered the last sentence, not even wincing at the way Hyukjae’s silently murdering him.

“Wow that’s...rare,” she looks at him and smiles, “But I think it’s just right”

Heechul laughed loudly, even clutching to his stomach, as Hyukjae’s tightly kept jaw, dropped on its own and Gyuri playfully winked at him, “Siwon-an, I like this girl.”

“I know hyung,” the model patted his friend’s head as if she has just done some good deed.

“You should spend more time with us, Gyuri-ah,” Kyuhyun pointed his chin towards Heechul’s, “We could teach you some tricks,” the older added.

“Hyung, you have no idea how sharp Gyuri is and just, how she really is,” Siwon said in amazement at the forming squad of people you don’t wanna mess with, “She’s like your girl version.”

“More the reason as to why, Gyuri-ah give me your phone,” he was about to touch the smart phone when out of the blue, Donghae snatched it away and punctually saved his own number and then shoving the phone towards Hyukjae.

“I’ve saved mine already,” he smiled innocently at the girl and then went back to the lost Hyukjae, “Now save yours and give it to the others,” the latter nodded a few times and shakingly touched the screen before passing it to Sungmin.

Donghae received a glare from Heechul, “Pay for your drink”

“That’s not fair hyung!” He whined

“That’s what you get! You disrespectful younger one.”

He groaned as Gyuri laughed and tugged on Heechul’s arm, “You’ll get your turn, come on let’s just dance,” she merrily stood up and Heechul followed with smugness drawn all over his face as he looked at Hyukjae. “Oppa, take care of my phone,” she whispered down at Siwon and walked down to the dance floor with Heechul’s arms on hers.

“You sure, you don’t wanna dance?” Kyuhyun stood up and evilly pressed on as Hyukjae glared at the way they just took.

He closed his eyes and heavily breathed in and out, counting as he tried everything just to ease the built up tension inside his body. He massaged his temples and sighed, “Gyuri. I can handle. I just don’t know about those two,” his eyes snapped open and he abruptly stood up stalking his way towards the throngs or people.

“That’s what I thought,” Siwon wondered out as he securely placed Gyuri’s phone inside her bag and joined the rest.

 

The song was old school hip-hop and people were bouncing up and down towards the flow of the music with arms in the air and some on other people’s body parts. Gyuri joyfully went with the flow, bouncing lightly as she swayed from left to right with Heechul dancing with her up front. She felt someone stood behind her and caught the cologne of Kyuhyun. Around the corner of her eye, she saw how Hyukjae abruptly stood up and walked down, she turned towards Kyuhyun and leaned closer tipping on to her toes as she whispered, “What’d you tell him?”

He smirked and his hands found comfort at her waist, “Just asked some question”

She playfully smiled and returned to dancing; she put her right hand above the air and her left one on her hair, playing with it. The atmosphere got a little heavier with more sweat lingering around the air and the smell of alcohol and smoke filling up the space provided. It must be around midnight, Gyuri noted, as more people started showing up.

“He’s nearing,” she heard Heechul whispered in her ear before losingthe feel of his presence.

She smirked and pretended to be busy by leaning closer to Kyuhyun and adding more moves to her dance, “I thought you’re not good at it,” she just winked at the latter and continued.

“You lied,” she heard a new but familiar voice from behind and Kyuhyun’s hand getting pried off from her body.

“You could use some manners, hyung”

“You don’t use one with me so why should I start?” He quite harshly turned Gyuri around and pushed Kyuhyun away. They’ve hit the button. Gyuri inwardly smiled at the determination burning in his eyes as he gripped her waist.

“I thought you don’t wanna dance,” she looked at him innocently drapping her arms around his neck, locking them at his nape and right at that moment, Hyukjae’s knees almost gave out. Almost, if not for the way Kyuhyun’s watching them over from the side.

“Screw what I said,” he begun and Gyuri smirked, she pulled her hands off and held them in the air as Hyukjae pulled her body closer and they both got lost in the music of forever.

 

One, two, three, songs after and the two were still going on, too lost in each other’s gaze as they keep on swaying with bodies touching teasingly to find the end. And along their journey of getting familiar with each other’s body heat, Hyukjae managed to push away any guy that tried to dance to her behind.

“That’s the eight that tried,” he whispered with a long hot heavy breath.

“And got nothing,” she placed her hands around his arms and pulled them off, “I’m tired”

He nodded and wiped off the sweat around her forehead, two seconds later when he realized what he just did and the innocent Hyukjae came back, “L-let’s go,” he blushed but thankfully he’s face had turned red enough from exhaustion that it didn’t really caught Gyuri’s eyes.

As they tried to get out of the sweaty bodies of people ranging from different age, Gyuri felt a warm hand touched the small of her back, a tingling heat rushed towards her cheek. She glanced at Hyukjae at her side and saw that shy smile he’s holding in.

 

“Well, why don’t you look at that, two adults acting like teenagers,” Sungmin dreamily said as the whole group watched them from the booth.

Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun and Heechul, “I really don’t know what I should tell you two,” he sighed and took a swig of his fifth beer.

“Teukkie, we’re just trying to help Hyukjae get the girl, right Kyuhyunnie?” the latter nodded innocently like the Evil-Angel he was.

“He would need a lot of help, if it’s Gyuri,” everyone turned around at Siwon. “She could be really playful and tricky, it’s hard to read what she really means,” they nodded and returned back to the two sitting at a stool by the bar.

“But, she could be the one,” Ryeowook said the obvious, seeing as how Hyukjae’s usual aura turned completely with just a few encounter, “She could be,” Heechul added with a small smile grazing his lips and eyes that held warmth.