.010

Nine Months

Title: What Happens Next

Rating: PG

WC: 1,296

A/N: This shows how lazy I am to construct a proper story line. (Also because I just don’t know how to start this after the last chapter.) CRAPPY as ever >.< My apologies to everyone.

 

 

                Indeed, Hyukjae had a great sleep, his bed never felt that comfortable beneath him, his pillows could never be softer than ever, and he never felt this great waking up after just a merely two hours of sleep – because he spazzed silently for hours he didn’t even thought of the time, not that it mattered in the first place. He was whistling to a song he never heard of when he took the liberty to have presence in his company. All smiles and nods along his journey to his office, it would be the first time for Hyukjae to feel that good.

“Good morning Ryeowook-ssi,” he said cheerily as he stopped in his secretary’s desk.

Taken aback and somewhat pissed off at the older guy for coming in late and not informing him of his plans, Ryeowook forced a smile, “It sure is good sir, but it’s almost lunch.”

The young CEO grinned, “Is that so?” He pondered for a while, looking back and forth to his confined office and to the hall, “What time is it actually?”

“Twenty seven minutes passed eleven”

“I see,” was his answer as he nodded in understanding. “Call the cafeteria, free lunch for everyone. Put the bill on me,” he pulled off a million-watt smile before waving at the astounded boy.

He walked off confidently towards his room and graciously closed the door, creating an obvious wall between his world of shunshine and rainbows and the reality outside, where Ryeowook was left comlpying to his first command, and alarming his other friends of the changes.

 

To: Many 11:29:26AM

Gyuri must be a witch!

 

He held his phone tightly as he wait for someone’s reply that took only three minutes to have five new messages glaring right back at him.

 

From: Sungmin 11:32:15AM

No! Apparently she’s a Goddess.

 

From: Heechul 11:32:17AM

Why?

 

From: Kyuhyun 11:32:21AM

Does it have something to do with Eunhyuk hyung?

 

From: Leeteuk 11:32:23AM

What made you say that?

 

From: Siwon 11:32:30AM

What are you talking about? She’s a great friend.

 

He frowned at Siwon’s reply and released his thumb that he had been biting unconciously.

 

To: Many 11:35:36AM

I didn’t mean it like that Siwon hyung. What I’m saying is that my oh-so-awesome-boss came in super late and decided to treat the whole company a FREE lunch. FREE. And yeah, if I may correct he’s as stingy as I can remember.

 

From: Heechul 11:37:02AM

This calls a meeting. Lunch at Yesung’s café.

 

From: Heechul 11:37:54AM

And don’t bring your boss!

 

From: Kyuhyun 11:38:00AM

Wouldn’t it be handier if he comes?

 

Just then, Hyukjae’s door opened and closed as silently as it can be. He was whistling once again and has his car key dangling in his fingers. He stopped in front of Ryeowook and flashed a smile, “I’ll be at the café across the street. Call me if anything happens.” Then, he is waltzing his way out.

 

To: Many 11:40:01AM

Oh God, he’s waltzing around!

 

From: Heechul 11:41:00AM

Café. NOW.

 

From: Donghae 11:43:05AM

I can’t make it. Don’t ask, have work. Just fill me out later at the club.

 

From: Yesung 11:43:56AM

What we serve is NOT free.

 

From: Kyuhyun 11:44:29AM

Even just a cup of coffee? Please, hyung you don’t even have a proper meal.

 

From: Yesung 11:45:50AM

I’m not the CEO plus, there’s a reason why it’s called café.

 

To: Many 11:46:32AM

Can you not remind me? I’m on my way.

 

From: Sungmin 11:46:50AM

I thought NOW? Then where are you guys?

 

From: Leeteuk 11:48:21AM

Fine. My treat. Now get your asses off and head to the café.

 

From: Kyuhyun 11:48:55AM

Coming~

 

 

With a cup of iced coffee, he sat at the same table he did the last time he was there. But not on the same chair, Hyukjae chose to sit on Gyuri’s place when they met. He leaned his back and got comfortable as he stared out at the building he came from. Nothing in particular going through the young CEO’s mind, neither it was blank.

He would take notice of the things going around but wouldn’t give too much attention. He’ll take a sip of his drink but wouldn’t clearly acknowledge the taste of it. Hyukjae would smile at the girls passing by his sight, yet, their faces never leave an imprint in him. He was just there.

Oblivion

No, not really. He was just a little...Gyuriout of his mind, and not the literally crazy person.

A satisfied smile was on his lips when he took the last sip on his drink, he fished out his phone and began composing a message for his secretary. There is just no way he can work with his mind set like that.

 

To: Ryeowook 12:36:18PM

Take charge. You know what to do. See you at the club.

 

He stood up and waved at the barista, leaving the comforts of the addictive aroma of the ground beans, Hyukjae looked at both sides of the streets, crossing it. The sun is shining above the clear vast of blue sky, an indication he assumed that his day is just beginning. He went straight to the parking lot, fishing his vibrating phone out along the way.

 

From: Ryeowook 12:40:11PM

You’re leaving already?

 

He opened his door and settled inside, buckling his seatbelt and waking the engine to life.

 

To: Ryeowook 12:43:10PM

Yes, I have some matters to do.

 

He threw his phone on the passenger seat and, though it’s not his intention, Hyukjae’s gaze lingered on the empty seat. An athlete’s triumphant glee was on his face.

 

It was a lie, what he had told Ryeowook (although he didn’t know that the latter obviously knows it). The matter he was talking about is nothing but wandering around the shopping district. Apparently, Lee Hyukjae loves fashion. It was one thing that makes him happy, made him feel so free and just any other normal human being walking around the earth’s surface. His mood gets better, or even better for the matter, when he sees unique yet beautiful creations displayed for the world to want. And a little sadistic, it even makes him feel better when it’s only him who can afford.

If it’s one of a kind, then let Lee Eunhyuk have it.

One particular store made the young CEO froze in his current place. There was a little battle whether to go inside or not because now, Hyukjae isn’t thinking of how to make Gyuri moan his name. It was rather, where they stand. However, just the name of the girl entering his mind, dilemma wasn’t even welcome.  

The bell on the door chimed when he entered, a girl wearing a shirt with the shop’s name printed on it followed him as he take a look around. Everything was good in his taste, they all look nice, specially the one his eyes seemed to cannot leave. He grabbed it off the rack for a full view, and Hyukjae could not praise himself more of how good he is when it comes to clothes.

The sales lady seems to be impressed as well when he handed it to her, “You have great eyes sir. Many have been wanting this.”

Hyukjae nodded in agreement, “Is that the only one?”

“No, but it’s limited. Only ten can have,” she followed him to the cashier, handing his card to the girl behind the cash register to ring it in. “We offer gift wraps for free, would you like it sir?”

“Yes, please,” he watched as the sales lady pulled out a box from under the counter and started fixing the clothes in. And no, Hyukjae isn’t really that crazy. It just looks beautiful, and he, being a fashionista cannot allow great clothes leave his closet, even if it means buying a dress.