.014

Nine Months

Title: Sore Legs

Rating: PG-13

WC: 1,585

A/N: I’ve got good feedbacks from the last chapter so I was ecstatic to continue the story. We’re almost at the second half of the story, just a bit more and the title Nine Months will be given justice. I hope y’all still interested with it though.

 

 

                “Spill,” the authority in her voice made the young CEO cringe in his place. Sitting by the long couch with her legs spread on the space provided, Gyuri made it all clear with just her look that she will not leave without hearing an explanation from the man.

He sighed. All evidence of their previous activity has been wiped out clean; they were back to their proper clothes with no sign of the previous intimacy in them. Even the smell inside the room can prove that the two were innocent, only they are not.

Taking the one seater couch faced to her direction, he asked, “Where do I start?”

“Where did you even start going around people with your lie?” And it was like Gyuri didn’t even acknowledge what had happened between them just minutes ago.

“It’s not a complete lie, Hyukjae is my real name.”

She rolled her eyes, “And then what, you decided to be like an actor of some sort and have a screen name?”

“What would you do if one day your goddamn rich old man decides to give you all his riches?” He noticed Gyuri flinch at the harshness in his tone but it was only for a second. “I don’t want people seeing me with money on my hand.”

“So you’d rather not tell them and play with them until you get what you want?” The underlying tone of accusation didn’t escape his ears. It was as clear as water that what they did earlier has been burned to ashes.

“I was being cautious and its n–”

“Yeah seriously, you even have hidden in your office. Pretty convenient, huh?” He groaned, Gyuri is frustrating him. Her sarcastic remarks are making him want to rip out his hair from far too many misunderstandings.

“Will you just let me explain?”

She folds her arms beneath her chest and arched a perfectly plucked eyebrow, “Oh I’ve been waiting for it.”

He mentally slapped his cheeks, who knew Gyuri could be this handful, “As I have said, there’s a reason for that screen name or whatever it is that you like to call it. Secondly, I admit of being a bit of a player.” If it is even possible, her eyebrow went higher. “Okay, maybe a little bit more but that doesn’t mean I only used them for my needs.” And even higher, “Fine! Some of them! God have you even tried seeing it from a man’s perspective?”

“Have you even tried walking in the shoes of those girls that you used?”

He closed his eyes for a moment, slowly breathing in to calm his nerves, “Gyuri, just tell me what is this all about?”

“Do you even plan on telling me who you really are?” His eyes snapped open to a disappointed Gyuri, “You don’t.” She shifted from her place and removed her legs from the couch.

“It’s not that I don’t want to,” he stood up and sat next to her. Extra careful at his actions and choice of words, “I was waiting for the right time.”

“And when is that? After you got what you want from me?” A thin layer of a possible tear glistened in her eyes. “I’m not like those girls.”

“I’m not saying you were one of them.”

“Then when?!” Her voice went a notch higher.

“Gyuri, are you regretting what we did?”

“Ugh, why are you twisting my words?” she unfolds her arms. “Eunhyuk I’ve kissed you twice, doesn’t that at least made you realize that maybe you should tell me the truth?”

“Would you still see me as the same if I told you back then?”

“Do you even have the guts to tell in the first place?” He was ready to counter her attack when words seem to slip out of his mouth silently.

He stared at her.

Hyukjae had planned, but as the time passed by, nothing occupied his mind other than Gyuri herself. She took half a place in his head that the tiny, yet, huge information such as his real identity went pass to the end of the line of his brain cells.

Though, he wouldn’t admit that she’s part of the blame, “Why are you being like this? I already said sorry, right?”

“That’s not the point,” each word was heavily thrown. “I’ve kissed you twice, I tried luring you in. I ing allow you to invade my mind, I even held myself back from contacting you! And this is what I get? Before we have ? Please tell me, why am I being like this?”

“I’m sorry for not telling you earlier, okay? What else do you want?” As Hyukjae’s irritation went out with his words, so as the tear that Gyuri had been holding on.

She immediately wipped it away before he could even try to reach out, “I don’t know!” It’s not like Gyuri to be this emotional over small things, to raise her voice so quickly, however, she is ought to let Hyukjae know what he does to her. “It’s just... Oh God, I just can’t stop thinking about you. You give me this unexplainable feeling whenever I see you. You were in my dreams and every day I stare at your number, wondering when is the right time and what to send you because I can’t look desperate. I can’t give in so easily, that’s not me. But then your lips, , your lips just broke down my resolve. I can’t e–”

Everything was too much for Hyukjae to just sit there and hold back himself from shutting her up with his own lips. Gyuri didn’t even mind that she was interrupted, no; rather, she’s beyond thankful to taste those lips yet again. Although it was harsh at first, the second she closed her eyes they turned into a corner and slide into the sweetness of each touch.

He scooped her up and carefully placed in his lap as she grabbed his hair and messed it up, wincing at the act of straddling him. “I like you too,” he breathed out, the hotness ghosting over her parted lips as she catches her own breath.

“I thought I was going crazy,” the photographer opened her eyes and stared back at the guy in front of her.

 

With the sun gone and neither of them bothering to turn any light on, the room glowed with the help of the full moon up across the glass window. They were silent, with Gyuri’s legs resting on the coffee table and her head on his shoulder and her fingers playing in his open palm. It felt home to Lee Hyukjae.

“Are they still sore?” There was nothing else that Hyukjae is intending for when he asked about her legs, yet, it still made the girl turn crimson red. Perhaps, after the ‘fight’ everything comes back.

“Y-yah!” She slaps his arm playfully and casts her eyes down, “Try kneeling for minutes and repeatedly bounce your body up and down then let’s see if your legs would be okay after.”

“You made it sound like you did the whole work,” did Hyukjae even admitted to himself that he loved the way he can make Gyuri flush?

“Didn’t I? Last time I check, you were just sitting in your precious chair with your eyes tightly shut and your mouth spewing words like,” she craned her neck and placed her lips near his ears, mimicking Hyukjae’s previous mantra, “..., so hot.” Did he ever admit that he utterly hates the fact that Gyuri has the best counter attacks?

“Y-yah!” And she burst into laughter. “I didn’t say that! Why are you even talking like that?”

She shrugged after calming down, “You provoked me. And yes you did.”

He rolled his eyes in defeat, settling on fixing a strand of her hair that fell out of place instead, “Seriously though, are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, just a few more minutes then I think I can walk just fine,” there was nothing more lovely than her simple gesture of kissing his temple, and for once, Hyukjae is grateful that she found out about him that way, who knows what will happen if it never happened today.

Tomorrow might be as awkward as .

“So, are you my boyfriend now?” It was like a funny question, but, somehow he’s glad that it was her who asked that critical question. Seriously, he really should be thankful, because not only it sounded hopeful, but when Hyukjae turned to look down at her, so as her eyes.

“Yes,” who is he to say no to a beauty like hers, only insane people would turn down someone like Gyuri.

“Then promise me from now on there’ll be no more secrets,” he nodded kissing her forehead. She smiled hugging him from the side. He will absolutely have a lot of explaining to do once his friends finds out. He could literally imagine Heechul’s smugness as he mouths the words ‘I told you so’ and the smirk in Kyuhyun’s face as he looks at him weirdly. Siwon would most likely lecture him about how good of a person Gyuri is and how he should not mess with her because, well, that means messing with him and with Hyukjae’s body, he’s no match. Either way, he’s grateful for his friends for being, in a way, a help for them two to have met.

“Then why is there a in your office again?” Or maybe Hyukjae isn’t grateful at all.