.002

Nine Months

Title: Siwon’s Friend

Rating: G

WC: 2,322

A/N: Continuing on with Gyuri’s appearance and her dear friend, Yoobin. By the way, can some of you give me a list of Yoobin’s persona? I’m not quite familiar with her, thanks! ^_^

               

 

                Narrowed eyes scrutinize its own towards the victim of Kyuhyun’s sharp tongue. Hyukjae, totally felt like it would be the best time to make a wish and turn into a worm squirming its way out of the mud. Of all the times, he had to be caught now and most importantly, by Kyuhyun.

Maybe that sudden visit isn’t right after all.

“Don’t try to deny Hyukjae,” he looked to where the words came from and met Heechul’s teasing eyes.

“Don’t you have business to run, hyung?”

“As you can see, I’m running it just perfectly fine,” he grinned, crossing his leg over the other.

Hyukjae hastefully looked at Kyuhyun, “You’re dead after this”

“You can kill Kyuhyun anytime you want as if we care. But first things first...when did it happen?” He was taken aback by the eagerness and anticipation brought by his secretary, Ryeowook.

 

-~-

 

He silently walked inside the abandoned building where people were busy walking around and shouts of directions are being overheard by any living soul. He found place near a long table filled with Siwon’s previous shots wearing different outfits in different poses, and the real thing on his two o’clock. Each and every one of them has no doubt, believes that Siwon’s the face of the group, although, there are times were they playfully claimed the spot, but that’s just how far they goes. The man has it all, face, body, and not to mention, the freaking height that Hyukjae oh so wants badly.

If only he wasn’t asleep when Shisus decided to give the world with these kinds of gifts.

“Can someone get me my tripod?” He averted his eyes to the photographer and was slightly shocked to see a girl probably on her early twenties.

“Anyone?” She turned around with her hair slowly flowing back and around in Hyukjae’s eyes for the said man has been caught entranced with the girl’s beauty the moment she turned around. “You! Can you get me my tripod?” The way she looked frustrated and stressed out, she just looked cute rather, “Excuse me, didn’t you hear me? Can you not just stand there and get me my tripod?” A whirlwind passed by and he was out of reverie, a confused forefinger of his own attached itself onto his chest and the girl immediately nodded before returning back to her camera. Now, Hyukjae don’t have any idea about things that goes with photography, he only knows the camera and that’s it. People might give names of cameras and all of its kind, but to Hyukjae, everything’s the same, they are all...cameras.

“It’s on your right, above the table,” an embarrassed heat crossed his nape as she shouted back but never leaving her eyes off of Siwon. Bashfully, he walked to her side with the said object, “Thanks,” she muttered quickly and started getting into work, fixing the tripod and standing it into the right level and then attaching the camera above.

Hyukjae slid off quietly and stood behind near the lighting, “Can you adjust the light?” He looked mortified to find her looking at him with authority, could she happen to be mistaken him as a staff in here? “That one on your side, to the left,” he was about to answer but the girl seems to be quicker than him, she had already buried her head back to the camera.

With no choice given, or more likely, because he was irritated to feel that hell of a face also known as Choi Siwon smugly smirking directly at him, Hyukjae half heartedly twisted the light to the left.

“No..to the right, just a little bit,” he did what was asked, “Just a bit more...no, a little bit to the left...more...there, perfect.” A scowl left his lips as Siwon winked at him, but the girl took that action as a pose and kept on clicking, forgetting to thank Hyukjae who thought of it as a rude manner.

“And...Cut!” Siwon immediately bowed to everyone and gave out his smiling thanks as he made his way over the monitor where the photographer can be seen along with other guys. Hyukjae returned to where he was earlier and waited for his model friend.

“Okay, we’re packing up people, thanks for the hard work!” The room got busier after that was said.

He’s already feeling out of place when the staff started packing the stuff when he saw Siwon walking towards him with the photographer, “Hyung!” Hyukjae smiled and gave the latter one of their friendly hugs.

“What are you doing here hyung?”

“Heechul hyung told me you need a lift,” his eyes maneuvered to the girl on Siwon’s side.

“Ah! Right, Hyukjae hyung meet my friend, an amateur and struggling photographer, Park Gyuri”

“Yah! I am not!” She glared at him and turned back to Hyukjae with a smile that said that she didn’t do what she did to Siwon just now. “I’m sorry for earlier, I didn’t know you’re his friend, nice to meet you, sir.” She extended out her hand and Hyukjae hesitantly shook it.

“It’s okay, and please don’t be too formal.”

“Oh please do,” he sent a glare towards Siwon that earned a little chuckle from the girl.

“You want to come with us and meet the rest? We’re heading to a friend’s café,” Siwon’s unusual friendly aura came in scene.

“Nah, I have a date with Yoobin, speaking of which, I’m late once again. I must go now, thanks for the work oppa, and nice meeting you Hyukjae-ssi,” she bowed politely and jogged back to her work place.

“How old is she?” The young CEO wondered out loud.

“Twenty three,” Siwon’s already on his back retreating to change his clothes to see the small smile that grazed Hyukjae’s lips.

 

-~-

 

“I always knew that I’m the cupid type,” Heechul proudly declared as he accompanied it with a few claps.

“Don’t be so full of yourself hyung,” he defended reaching for his glass and taking a swig, playing it cool.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, remember when Siwon offered them a seat with us when he saw them entering Yesung hyung’s café? Donghae’s curious eyes met Yesung’s who nodded in agreement at the flashbacks.

 

-~-

 

Shindong was the first one to greet them as the two entered the café, there’s a couple of occupied table with teenagers that probably just came from school who temptingly squealed the moment Siwon came up. And, at the back corner adjacent from the glass window, a rather noisy bunch of grown men were to be spotted immediately.

“Siwonnie!” Heechul latched himself at the guy and dragged him to the seat next to him.

“Hello to you too, hyung,” he laughed at the sarcastic greeting of Hyukjae, who was abandoned standing just at the tables, and lightly patted the older’s crown of hair.

“Hyung! I saved you a seat, here,” Ryeowook patted the empty seat next to him and in between Donghae and him and across from Heechul.

“Always the kind and loyal secretary are we?” the younger male blushed at the teasing.

“At least he knows to acknowledge someone,” the young CEO defended as he take a seat and fist bumped with Donghae.

“That’s because you’re paying him”

“It’s because he knows simple manners like that, Heechul hyung,” the older snickered at him but grinned eventually and patted Hyukjae’s head.

Smiles of appreciation appeared once Yesung and two of his staff came in with a tray of coffee and little pastries. The owner of the shop sat at the center next to Leeteuk and thanked the waiters; he made a little introduction about the new pastries that he offered the group and asked for their opinions.

“So you called us here for a taste test?” He nodded at Shindong’s question.

“I swear you’re my favorite hyung!” All the other older guys rolled their eyes except for Sungmin who thought that Shindong’s way of closely examining the food is cute.

“This one’s good”

“That’s the Triple Chocolate Treat,” he informed Ryeowook who’s munching delightfully with his second bite.

“Tiramisu?” Kyuhyun arched his brow at the name of the cake, “The taste is nice, but the name...”

“I didn’t ask an opinion for the name Kyuhyun-ah, and for your information that one is the best seller and is actually famous.”

“I’m just giving you a package deal as a concerned friend,” he smirked.

“Aren’t you always concerned?”

“I just love you guys like that”

“Ew,” the maknae smugly smiled at the disgusted face of his hyungs.

 “Yeah right Kyuhyun-ah, anyways, can I have some extra su– GYURI!” Hyukjae’s head turned as quickly as it can to see the girl from earlier a little surprised than he was. She waved at Siwon and nodded, walking directly towards them and skipping the now nosey teenagers.

“Who’s that?” He heard Donghae’s voice beside him.

“My friend, Gyuri and the one with her is Yoobin,” he informed everyone and Hyukjae’s eyes were back on him.

“Yoobin’s a girl?” Siwon looked at him confusedly but nodded anyways before standing up and meeting the girls.

“Fancy meeting you here, I thought you two have a date?” Both girls grinned.

“We’re on a date” Yoobin laced her fingers with Gyuri and smiled innocently.

“Of course you are,” Siwon laughed lightly and went on, “Now that you’re here on a date with her, why don’t you join us?”

“That wouldn’t be called as a date, but I don’t see a problem,” she smiled towards the guys and Hyukjae almost froze up as Gyuri saw him, “We’ve met once again!” he nodded and looked back at his food.

“Okay guys, make room for the girls,” Siwon instructed and immediately the boys scrambled to their feet and scooted closer to make some space to the new ones as Yesung took two chairs and the table next to them connecting it together.

“Thank you,” Gyuri humbly said as they take a seat next to Siwon.

“So, these are my friends,” he made a gesture towards the guys and they introduced themselves quite abnormally.

“How’d you met Siwon, Gyuri-ssi?” Donghae asked interestedly.

“He’s been my model for a few times”

“I’ve helped her get the job, that’s it”

“Again, that’s not true,” she glared at him while the rest of the guys just gaped at her.

“Wait, so you’re a designer?” Shindong dumbly asked.

“No, that would be a nightmare,” Gyuri lightly chuckled and tucked in a layer of hair under her ears, “I’m a photographer actually.”

Sungmin coughed around his cup, “You’re kidding right?!” He stared at her, “When you came I thought you were a model yourself. How could you be the photographer?”

“How could I be the model with my height?” She laughed at the embarrassed cough she heard from one of the guys, “Well, why would I lie about it when I’m next to a giant?” She punched him lightly and Hyukjae felt warmth looking at her so...carefree.

“My reaction is a lot worse than you guys when I first heard of that, and if it wasn’t for the Editor in Chief to actually confirm that, we’d still be awkward,” he looked at Yoobin and she smiled accordingly.

“You’re an Editor in Chief?!” Yoobin nodded at Heechul’s sudden outburst.

“What kind of magazine?”

“Fashion magazine,” the older’s eyes sparkled and his actions immediately turned delicate.

He battled his eye lashes and made pouty lips, “Do you think I could be a model on your magazine?”

Yoobin was surprised and hesitantly looked at Siwon’s for a needed help who laughed at the situation, “Hyung, it’s obvious in her actions that you won’t,” the girl apologized and looked down at her hands.

Gyuri, who thought that the boys had already known enough of them decided to ask, “So, aside from Siwon being a model, what do you guys do?”

“I own a club,” Heechul said and pointed towards Yesung and Leeteuk respectively, “He owns this café and he’s a DJ”

“I have a computer shop and owns an online shop,” Gyuri smiled at the friendliness Shindong’s showing them.

“And I teach martial arts,” both the girls’ eyes widened with Sungmin’s profession.

“I know, he’s sweet and all towards girls, but a complete monster towards guys, even so, there’s no need to worry about him, he’s only like that at work, the one you should keep an eye is on that Musical Actor,” Leeteuk informed and directed the girls towards Kyuhyun.

“You do musical?” Gyuri beamed and Hyukjae felt a little disappointed for not being able to talk to her like the others do. “I tried it once before and it was fun.”

“See hyungs, real artists appreciate things like that,” he eyed each and every one of them and smiled at the girls.

“You’re one to talk; you don’t even appreciate my music.”

“Donghae hyung’s a struggling singer,” it’s as if Donghae wasn’t there and Kyuhyun just said the first thing on his mind, and right then and there Gyuri and Yoobin saw first hand how Siwon’s friends are a bunch of kids at heart.

“What about you?” Hyukjae felt shivers run down his back as Yoobin stared at him.

“He’s an employee and I’m a secretary,” thank the heavens for Ryeowook.

“You’re a secretary?” She asked bewildered.

Ryeowook nodded shyly and jabbed Hyukjae on the side, lightly, “Y-yeah, he is.” Great, the moment of chance he’s been waiting for and he managed to stutter.

 

-~-

 

“He was blushing profusely after that!” Heechul couldn’t stop laughing as Hyukjae’s ear started getting hot.

“Yeah, and he never said anything else,” Donghae patted his friend’s back for sympathy.

“Man, I wonder how’ll you do today,” Yesung wondered out covering his lips with his beer.

“Why don’t we figure it out then?” Leeteuk smiled and stood up directing the other’s eyes to the sea of people were Siwon could be seen walking in the middle of it with Gyuri tailing behind him.