.007

Nine Months

Title: Of Tension and ual Frustration (Part I)

Rating: PG-13

WC: 2,317

A/N: Seriously, who missed me? Just kidding, anyways, I love the title *blushes*. But the contents of this new chapter isn’t or rather, didn’t do a good justice to the title (at least that’s what I think, you be the judge.) I just couldn’t think of a better title and thought that, it looked promising from the previous chapter.

P/S: This chapter is dedicated to @mjecipriano, sorry for the wait. And to everyone who waits patiently for my updates.

 

 

                Bags, eye bags, Hyukjae had a freaking eye bag when he woke up the next day, pretty late mind you. Gyuri’s lips haunted him in his sleep; he couldn’t close his eyes until the sunrise. And even with him fully awake at two in the afternoon, he’s still looking like a zombie. He missed his work and his phone had been ringing for who knows how long but he didn’t budge, he just sat there in front of his kitchen window, jadedly staring at the skyline. The softness of Gyuri’s lips, her smell when she flipped her hair on the other side, the way her fingers messed with his hair, last night was a nightmare. No, it was a dream; a dream that’s too perfect that it turned into a nightmare for it to haunt him each time he tried to close his eyes.

Everything is out of place. He’s mind is running on its full speed, reminiscing last night’s rare moment. And , Gyuri still hasn’t sent him any message! She’s frustrating, she’s ruining everything. She goes in and out and would return but she’s still missing. Hyukjae couldn’t think of a word that would describe what just happened between them last night. Sure they kissed, but what did that even meant? Would it be possible that she’s attracted with him too?

Oh Good Lord, please do.

His stomach growled but Hyukjae couldn’t afford to stand up and fix himself a food, for his mind is still full of Gyuri’s delicious lips, and it says that he didn’t need any other form of food to satisfy his wants. She’s intoxicating, and she’s like a vixen, strong and spiteful in its own glamour. The aura that surrounds her is like a trap that would be difficult to escape from, but even if Hyukjae did managed to, there’s a possibility – a hundered percent at that – that he’ll go back and allow himself to be trapped.

A bird flying high above the sky passed by his window, it brought him back to wondering. He’s feeling high, maybe even higher than what that bird managed to go through. Hyukjae never felt this kind of aftermath before, and even if he and his partner went further than just kissing, it never felt like this. His activities before sure felt amazing, they satisfied him, but never did they make him enter cloud nine. And yet, he’s already feeling like he’ll soon experience that with just a kiss that didn’t even classified itself as the girl he kissed never bothered filling him out with his questions.

And he’s sanity is on the brink, well done Gyuri.

Guess he has no choice after all; Shindong’s wedding must be worth it, if not, he will definitely ditch the guy.

 

It didn’t take for Hyukjae to notice that everyone’s grinning at him when he arrived that night at the club, a feeling of seeing Gyuri made him move from his kitchen. Donghae immediately stood up and hugged him weirdly; the guy even patted his back and offered him his seat. In the back of his mind, he carefully take notice of the looks Sungmin and Kyuhyun give his way as everyone clouded his little space.

“So... Mr. Lucky Guy, what happened?” The two definitely filled everyone with what they saw last night as Heechul cheekily asked him moving closer to him like a cat.

“No free beer?” He asked arching a brow towards the older and smiled when Heechul called out one of the waiters.

“Now tell us,” he inquired as everyone else stared at Hyukjae with anticipation and grins all over their faces. Just what did his two friends told them actually?

“I’m waiting for the beer hyung,” oh how great it is to play with his friends sometimes. Heechul stomped his feet and quite angrily called out for Hyukjae’s beer once again. “You won’t be able to have free beer next time.”

The young CEO smiled politely at the waiter when his drink arrived and took no passing moment to wet his dry throat by that bitter and strong taste of beer, “Ah... Everything tastes the best when it’s free.”

Heechul glared at him and went on, “That’ll be the last one, now tell us.”

The excitement was back in his system by just remembering what had happened between him and a certain blonde girl named Gyuri. Her lips suddenly felt like they were still there, firmly pressed against his and her fingers were running in his hair. God, he would repeat this movie over and over again. The feeling of her body against his own, the contour of her back when she slightly arched them trying to match Hyukjae’s dominance, oh how would it be if she’s craving for more. Her voice, her pants when they were dancing, that hum that came from the back of , it would be a lot amazing if it turned into more than just that. Darn it!

He’s ually frustrated.

“Yah!” He blinked a couple of times and blushed when he realized that he had been day dreaming.

“We’re asking you, what happened?” Leeteuk impatiently asked. Did Hyukjae really hear that kind of voice from him? If he remembered correctly, Leeteuk isn’t even intersted with his love life.

“What do you mean what happened?” He tried to cover his hot cheeks by lightly shaking his hair.

“Oh nothing, its just that there’s been a talk that Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun saw you left with Gyuri last night,” seriously, he doesn’t have some back up with his friends, even Donghae’s eager to know.

“What actually went down?” Yesung added, earning a smirk from the youngest of them all. Hyukjae somehow forgot to murder Kyuhyun in his mind, big mistake.

“Nothing happened, she just asked me for a ride home and that’s it,” he returned every curious eye with an innocent smile. Nope, Hyukjae isn’t the ‘kiss and tell’ type of person; it all goes down with his ‘manner of respect’ or rather, Shindong’s.

“She, I mean Gyuri asked you for a ride home?” There’s a hint of incredulity in Siwon’s voice but it was topped off with his smirk.

“...And that’s it?” Ryeowook further inquired and Hyukjae is now convinced with Heechul’s theory regarding his secretary.

“Yes, my dear loyal secretary betraying me right before my own eyes,” he sarcastically remarked but didn’t mean any kind of harm, after all, Ryeowook is his friend, a great one in fact, if he’s not influenced by his other friends – that is.

“I don’t believe you,” Leeteuk has his arms crossed over his chest, looking somewhat like an officer interrogating a person who’s about to be in jail.

“Neither do I,” Heechul leaned back, pointing his chin towards Kyuhyun’s. “Maknae said Gyuri looks like she’s in a hurry.”

“And tense,” the younger added with that knowing look.

Did she? Hyukjae didn’t caught it last night, due to some lack of sense but hearing it now, it could make sense why she didn’t speak during the ride home and why she hesitated to go inside and when she kissed him all of a sudden and then she had her hands locked around his neck as she tilted her head –, okay STOP! Hyukjae should learn more how to control his thoughts when it comes to the girl. It could lead him to some unwanted business.

“Now don’t try to deny it, Lee Hyukjae, what happened?” He felt tingly at the command; Leeteuk sounded like he’s a real leader wanting answers and nothing but answers only.

“I told you already, nothing happened,” he said with finality and everyone just stared at him incredulously.

“Fine, I could always ask Gyuri about it,” it was Siwon that ended the conversation and everyone relied on him with the truth. Hyukjae went stiff for a second but let it pass, if Gyuri decides to tell Siwon, he has nothing else to do but to admit, he just wishes that Gyuri would also tell Siwon what she felt towards their kiss.

Ugh, it’s hard to be the only one constantly thinking about it.

 

Hyukjae searched the dance floor that night after finishing his drink, he looked at the booths that he had passed by, he even went further to where the comfort rooms are just to find her, but even just a silhouette of her dark blonde hair didn’t caught his vision. He ignored all the suggestive looks the girls gave him and searched around over the place once again, thinking that he might’ve missed an area but after half an hour, he came back to where he was first with an aura that made him look two times older than his age.

He would’ve opted for his phone to call her but the thing is, Gyuri isn’t or rather she still hasn’t contacted him. Why the hell did he even bothered saving his number in her phone, if it’s going to be like this? It’s Donghae’s fault for ever snatching that phone in the first place. If he hadn’t done it and just allowed Heechul to do his thing then he wouldn’t have gone through that mocking of Kyuhyun, he wouldn’t have to blurt it all out on Ryeowook after that day in the café, he wouldn’t have thought of stealing her phone number on a friend’s phone, and above it all, Hyukjae wouldn’t have to complain every damn single day about her not contacting him.

But the kiss wouldn’t happen either. A sigh escaped his lips as he ruffled his hair in frustration. Of all the times, Gyuri decided not to show up tonight. With a headache, Hyukjae left the club.

Within his reverie, Hyukjae found himself staring outside his window at a house that seemed to be foreign but at the same time, familiar. There’s a faint light glowing behind the curtains on one of the main window, little lights were made a pathway up to the front door steps (he didn’t saw them last night), and the gate was actaully made out of fence. As he got a better look of the house, it dawned in him that it looked like one of those houses in those fairytales.

And Gyuri’s living in it.

A shadow came from behind walked near the window and stopped, Hyukjae’s palm suddenly felt sweaty and his breathing halted. The person behind the window reached for the curtain and locked the window pane; Hyukjae felt those silly smiles crawl lazily on his lips as Gyuri’s natural color unintentionally showed itself towards the young CEO. She looked sweet and humble in those simple shirt and pyjama pants.

A cough escaped his lips when Gyuri leaned towards the windows and reached up high on the curtain – arranging them, her shirt moving along with it showing that expanse of white skin just above her waist line and a bit of her flat stomach.

Hyukjae’s grip towards the steering wheel tightened and he had to urge himself to drive away or else, he’ll drive himself crazy. Her lips were enough, seeing a bit of her skin would definitely turn him upside down.

Second time in a row, he didn’t caught any sleep.

 

He was in a haze when he went to the shopping center and checked for his suit that he had made tailored. His head is aching due to lack of sleep and well, because Gyuri just wouldn’t leave. He had been thinking about her lips once again and that skin he saw, how smooth would it be against his hands. Hyukjae mentally scolded himself for thinking those kinds of things, but who is he kidding? He’s ually frustrated towards the girl. He’s physically attracted to a girl who doesn’t have a nerve to contact him or even talk to him as to why she did what she did. And damn it, Hyukjae just want to repeat everything that happened two nights ago.

He walked out of the fitting room and stood in front of a huge mirror, a girl on his side is assisting him in fixing the suit. Hyukjae watched her from the mirror, she had plump red lips that looked enticing, she had a nice body, her clothes hugged all of her curves and her light brown hair were tightly kept in a bun and everything just reminded Hyukjae of someone, a girl with dark blonde hair, dancing in the center of attraction with her blouse hanging dangerously around her shoulders and tight jeans fitting her legs.

Unconciously, Hyukjae touched the girl’s hair.

She suddenly jerked upwards and looked at the guy that had a matching reaction to a person that is startled as well. His heart raced at speed and he felt hot, never did he managed to embarrass himself like this. He smiled apologetically at the girl and kept his hands and mind off at somewhere, far away from the illusions of Gyuri he had already built and founded in his memory lane. The girl hesitantly continued her work, Hyukjae couldn’t blame her if she stops, after what he did and the tension now, he, himself wants to walk out of the store.

Everything is because of Gyuri and her undeniable charisma, Hyukjae reasons out. But it is within his inner self that he admits, I just want her... badly.

Somehow, she managed to assist him until he’s done; he apologized once again before walking out of the store. Nothing seems to be changing for the better; it wouldn’t stop until he gets what he wants. And even if he only admits it within his inner core, it’s obvious to everyone that he wants Gyuri. And hopefully Gyuri wants him too, if not, he’ll be just kidding himself for calling Shindong.

On the third ring the older guy answered his phone, “Fine, I’ll do it.” He sighed and rubbed his temple, “Tell Gyuri I’ll pick her up.”