.001

Nine Months

Title: Lee Hyukjae a.k.a Lee Eunhyuk

Rating: G

WC: 2,106

A/N: Nothing much going on with the first chapter, just a little insight of the male lead character.

 

 

                Under the morning light of November, birds fluttering around competing with the sound coming from the cars passing by, there was this feeling that it’ll be a good day. Despite the uneaten breakfast, people from different status greeted each other on their way for a busy day. A subtle hint of amazementand politeness painted the curious mind as it do the same, smiling at people he never met, the twenty-six year old young CEO wandered why he never walked to work before.

Amongst the workers, only with those sharp eyes and love for fashion would have guessed that the one smiling innocently at them is highly above the pyramid. The youngest and only son of the owner of the famous Lee Industries, Eunhyuk (from what the public had known as his name) is definitely the envy of every bachelor out there, not only he is the youngest but also, is the most successful business man in the country. However, that profile of him is what he despises the most.

People only wanted him because of who he is and not because of what he is.

Nothing really new to that, it has been like that ever since his family started going up in that status, heck, even the dramas his mother loves to watch uses that common knowledge for the story’s plot. Nonetheless, Eunhyuk is still thankful that even before the world decided to make them who they are now, he had made friends from childhood, a great amount of people to be exact. The only thing that he had not made and thinks that will take time, is finding that someone.

Ever since he became the boss he had things that are made easier for him compared to people in the normal circulation. One of which in the ‘benefits’ of having a name in the society is the never ending line of possible other half, girls are lining from here to there, marriage proposals at least once a week, but Eunhyuk never once gave them a look. He knew better than to get involved with them although he had been to relationships, well, at least those people doesn’t know who he really is, as have been pointed out, the society knew him as Eunhyuk.

They are yet to know the name of the man behind the chair.

Because as childish as it sounds, even his workers have no idea of what does this young CEO looks like. Only the departamental heads, stock holders, and few chosen people have actually met the mysteriousguy. But, it seems like people are having the luck of their life as he decided to change that. At the sight of the building his father had worked hard for, a mischievous smile greeted the security guard and instead of using his private elevator, the young CEO opted for the ones on the other side, pressing on a random button.

A surprise visit doesn’t do any harm, right?

Suspicious eyes met his excited ones as he scan and walk inside the room. He had his hands tied behind his back, a small smile never leaving his lips as he gave an affable bow to anyone that would smile back at him – he made sure to remember those faces. Around the corner where he made a turn, a man in his probably late thirties had stopped his wandering; he smiled and bowed while the man stood still scanning him from head to toe. Somehow, he felt irritated at how the man is looking at him but Eunhyuk isn’t the type of person to let that get him.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but I’ve been watching you. Is there anything that we could help you?” He liked the way the protectiveness ruled the tone of his voice. If anything, Eunhyuk would want a loyal employee under him. If he’s to protect what they have, then, he definitely needs someone that’ll stand by his side.

The smile grew a bit wider, the day is getting better, “Actually there is, I think I’m kinda lost. I don’t know which department I’m currently at.”

The man looked at him in disbelief, “You’re in the Marketing Department”

“Marketing Department huh,” he made a couple of nods as he looked around, “This place isn’t too bad.”

“Anything else that you need any help?” Now the irritation he had in his face had transmitted to his voice and the tension around kept the other workers to be onlook.

“Yeah, can I know your name, sir?”

The man stood proudly, his chin rising a centimeter high, “Jung Jeohyun”

“I quite like you, Mr. Jung,” said man arched a brow

“Excuse me?” The younger chuckled at the bewildered expression of the man he’s talking to.

“Mr. Lee!” All heads snapped to the voice coming from the entry way and with rushed steps, the Head of the department came inside, standing a little nervous around the stranger to everyone’s eye.

“Good moring Mr. Seo,” including the rest of the people inside as well as Mr. Jung, eyes of utter shock filled the room as they witness their boss bow his head in front of the younger man.

“This is a surprise Mr. Lee, I could’ve readied my team,” the young CEO gave everyone a pleasing smile.

“You have a great team Mr. Seo,” the older scratched his head giving off a relief sigh.

“Well, I should be going now before my secretary finds out. It was nice meeting you all, especially you Mr. Jung,” he gave the latter a knowing look and everyone a wave of his hands before going out accompanied by the departamental head.

Now, that was a great start.

 

Eunhyuk’s work place is like any other CEO’s out there. It was big and spacious, behind his desk is a magnificient view of the city with that small café on its two o’clock, and on one side of the room, where he entertains guests, is the sofa set. To be exact the room is just, plain. Nothing to shocked about, he’s a bachelor anyway. And most guys like him, at least his friends, are the same.

He was facing the city when his door abruptly opened, “Hyung!”

A smile formed on his lips as he remained in his root, “We’re at work, Ryeowook-ssi”

Said man rushed to his front desk and slammed his palms, “Did your mom asked you about marriage once again? Or has she made you another appoinment?”

“Haven’t we talked about associating personal life with work before, Ryeowook-ssi?”

“Hyung!” With one last take of air, Eunhyuk turns around with the most unreadable smile.

“I didn’t even hear her voice when I woke up,” he laughed lightly and Ryeowook softened down.

“I thought something happened. You showed up to them.”

He turned around, “Isn’t the weather’s just so good today?”

Ryeowook looked confused at his boss’ sudden weirdness, “Y-yes sir”

 

They were talking about him like he didn’t exists, like he wasn’t there with them, but Eunhyuk didn’t even bothered. He was just smiling the whole time, floating in air like a fool chasing for that savory smell of food that’s luring him in. Fifteen minutes before seven, he and his friends met at their usual place, Heechul’s club, with bottles of alcohol scattered around the table for these fine young men.

“He looks like a love sick fool”

“Don’t you think he rather looks scary?”

“Should we call the mental?”

“Yah, Hyukjae-ah, doesn’t your cheeks ever get tired of smiling?” He shook his head and his friends stared at him in disbelief.

The blaring sound of music took its role after that. It filled the booth with such noise it didn’t feel like dead eyes are gaping at him. Eunhyuk, or rather Hyukjae, crossed his leg above the right one and grabbed his glass. He watched the people on the dance floor do their thing while his index finger played alongside the rim of his shot.

A girl wearing short shorts and a hanging blouse together with black heels passed by their booth sending a suggestive wink towards their way, “Man, that one is hot”

Hyukjae heard what they thought of the girl and to the other girls, but to him, they were nothing. Actually, all the girls he saw inside looks the same to him, not one appealed to his liking, thus, he remained silent in his seat, although, he returned every wink with a smile but not the playful one he used to give out, and Kyuhyun being the observant one in the group didn’t miss a thing.

“There’s something wrong with you,” he stated as he leaned back and crossed his arms at his chest getting the attention of the others.

“I just had a great day,” Kyuhyun looked at him scrutinizingly, figuring him out.

“There’s something more to it than just how your day went,” Ryeowook who felt like Kyuhyun’s already under the influence of alcohol and getting over out of his usual reverie, butted in.

“No call of marriage from his mom today,” Kyuhyun gave Ryeowook a moment of glance before returning them back to Hyukjae, he was trying to read him but the latter had something masked in his face.

Everyone returned back to their previous business sensing that nothing will come out next, but Kyuhyun remained staring at Hyukjae who still have that unreadable and weird smile on his face as he stared back on the dance floor.

“Where’s Siwon anyways?” At the mention of the name, Kyuhyun saw how Hyukjae’s ears perked up and his body stiffened for a second.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, I didn’t see him for a whole day,” the maknae watched as Hyukjae turned in his seat and faced the group with interest now painted in his face.

“Oh, he told me yesterday that he has photo shoot with his friend,” Hyukjae’s eye twinkled in the further wanting of information.

“You mean that photographer?” His weird smile has now revealed its true color as anticipation.

“Yeah”

“Where did Siwon even met her?”

“You mean, how could she be the photographer and not be the model instead?”

“That too,” Kyuhyun smirked at how Hyukjae’s eyes turned to one from another, catching every word that left their tongue. He’s finally reading him.

“Should we ask Siwon hyung to invite her?” The way Hyukjae’s eye turned hopeful after Kyuhyun suggested that provoked the latter’s building assumptions.

“That’ll be great!” Sungmin beamed in excitement as well as the young CEO.

“Don’t you think she’ll feel awkward around us?” Ryeowook’s hesitant question made Hyukjae loose his smile, just a bit.

“Nah, it’s not like she haven’t met us, right?” Shindong turned around the group to see heads nodding in agreement, “Okay, imma send Siwon a text.”

A playful smile grazed Kyuhyun’s lips as Hyukjae turned around for the dance floor with the faintest smile in him, “I’ve figured you out, Hyukjae hyung.”

Said man turned around, “What are you talking about?” He recomposed himself and played strong from Kyuhyun’s intent knowing gaze.

“Yah, why are you bullying your hyung?” Leeteuk lazily intervene.

“It’s not called bullying, but rather, confirming,” his eyes never left Hyukjae’s, liking how the older fiddled around in that small space.

“Whatever it is, it doesn’t look good to me”

Kyuhyun turned to the oldest, “Don’t you want to know why he’s acting strange?”

Leeteuk was caught off guard but he didn’t showed, he scoffed and grabbed his glass pretending to be unconcerned.

“Hyung, it’s not about your mom or the marriage, am I right?” Kyuhyun loved the attention he’s getting from the other guys. The little rascal.

“What are you trying to say, Kyuhyun-ah?”

“Hyukjae hyung don’t smile and say that he had a great day just because he didn’t hear anything from his mom,” he informed like the genius he was, “And up to now, he hadn’t said anything about the girls that we were talking,” he smirked as Hyukjae nervously swallowed down, oh how he love to see his hyungs acting like that, “But Siwon hyung’s topic made him interested, so interested he didn’t know where to land his eyes.”

Hyukjae uncomfortably took a swig of his beer and bore his eyes on the glass, cursing Kyuhyun at the back of his mind.

“And your point is?” Kyuhyun leaned onto the table staring directly at Hyukjae.

“You have a crush hyung...” Hyukjae almost bursted out the beer inside his mouth in front of Kyuhyun’s face if he hadn’t been extra careful, but, even with the danger of recieveing Hyukjae’s drink straight from his mouth, Kyuhyun didn’t stop, “With Siwon hyung’s friend."