.006

Nine Months

Title: Attraction

Rating: PG-13

WC: 3,120

A/N: No racism or other form of bashing is intended with this chapter, if it offends you, I’m deeply sorry. This chapter contains a part in which I can’t tell if it’s Rated or just PG-13 but I settled on the last one since I think it’s not that heavy to be defined as Rated. And if it’s possible could you tell me how it went? I mean like criticize it, thanks!

 

 

                He’s quite damn proud for knowing that he really isn’t as attracted to her as they would put it. The butterflies weren’t there but a tingling feeling of excitement would occur once in a while, yet, that isn’t enough for him to say that the kind of attraction he feels for her is the kind of attraction one feels for their partner. And now, he doesn’t even feel annoyed whenever Kyuhyun would bring the topic of them being textmates or even when he sees a guy checking her out, Hyukjae guessed that what happened on their early meetings were just a phase and now he had gone through that.

It was pretty fast but Hyukjae’s thankful, for the misunderstanding can be now corrected and people would eventually move on. After his bad day that happened two nights ago, he had a chance to meet her again. She’s been frequently hanging in Heechul’s club with Yoobin together with the guys, and he’s just been informed that after he went home that day, Gyuri came in, just minutes after he left.

Regret?

Obviously it’s a yes but only for a while and as he went on with his daily life he had forgotten that. You see, he still hasn’t received any text from her but it doesn’t bother him anymore. He’s fine having interactions with her through occasions only. And it seems like Gyuri’s not into him either, so everything’s cool.

Friends

Not a bad word. If it goes well, Gyuri would be the first girl he’ll be considering as a friend, and if it might get to that point, he might as well reveal who he trully is. Siwon seems to know her well and better so there’s really nothing to worry about.

“You going to my wedding, right?” Shindong nudged him lightly on the side as they sit lazily on the couch, leaving the world the other guys had created as they hang at the club.

“I could never turn my back on a dear friend now, can I?” He teased and Shindong doesn’t seem to mind much as he sighed and patted Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“Thanks Hyukjae-ah, I know what it could do to you since your parents are gonna be there but still, you’re willing to come,” now Hyukjae didn’t like this bubbly and happy hyung of him is sounding, being emotional isn’t his tablet of medicine.

“Come on hyung, it’s not like you,” he joked and the older laughed scratching his head.

“I’m just being grateful, anyways, Gyuri will be there so it won’t turn as bad as you think it might be,” Shindong finished it off with a wink and smiled like he knows whatever the future had planned for Hyukjae is.

“I’m going because of you hyung, if you remember correctly,” he arched a brow as Shindong kept on smiling.

“Of course I’m aware of that, I’m just saying that it could be the right time to get to know her, be her ,” yeah, Hyukjae had totally gotten over his little crush at the girl but it seems like his friends hasn’t yet. Shindong’s the third guy who had pursued him towards the girl after Ryeowook and Sungmin, this night only.

“But I’m not even after her”

“Being a gentleman over a beautiful girl doesn’t actually translates to going after her, come on just give it a chance,” Shindong looked at him with a hopeful stare that Hyukjae has seen enough of times before to know the effect, but still failed to reject.

“I don’t know hyung,” he looked the other way and convinced himself that, that’s probably the best move or else he’ll fall.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you don’t know her. It’s just a manner of respect.”

“Why don’t you go ask the others then, so they could earn some points with this ‘manner of respect’ of yours? I know one who needs that badly,” his eyes directed its gaze at the innocent Kyuhyun laughing with Yesung over a conversation he didn’t know.

“They already passed the work on you,” he sighed deeply, there’s no way in convincing and winning this talk.

“Still, I don’t think I should be the one,” why do they keep on matching them up? It’s not like he had given hints that he’s still after her, well, at least not like before. “Besides, you said it yourself my parents are gonna be there, hell knows what will they think when they sees us.”

“An excuse of additional friend in the circle never hurt,” he rolled his eyes and sighed. They just don’t get it, do they?

“I still think I’m not the right candidate for that so let’s just drop the subject hyung and be grateful that I’m not ditching you, even after you tried to make me just now,” he eyed the older and Shindong looked quite taken aback but quickly gathered himself up.

“I don’t know what happened to you, but before, you look like you’d kill us if we ever stay near her,” as Hyukjae let out small chuckles, Shindong looked more confused than he’s supposed to be.

“I just figured she’s not the one,” this time around it was Hyukjae’s turn to wink at the older man and pat his shoulders as he stood up and walked down the dance floor, and man, did that felt good.

 

Sweaty bodies swarmed on to the music delivered by the blaring sounds of the speakers. People were either gyrating to whoever it is or just plain moving around with the beat. The smell of drenched bodies and alcohol instantly filled up Hyukjae’s nostrils as he moved inside the magnetic like world of dancing people. His eyes wondered around, finding someone to dance with but all he sees were ty girls trying to hit up on guys that looked more than pleased to be in the situation. It looked disgusting actually, it just didn’t seem like what other people seem to know about Asians (Koreans in his position) being conservative and all. And although he would lie if he said that he didn’t tried being like that before, it’s just that now that he had aged, it felt like now he knows more of the right place and how to act in front of the others. Plus, he wouldn’t dare stain his family’s name by a mere scandal in a friend’s club.

His father doesn’t deserve that kind of humiliation, though it occurred to his mind that his mom would be happy IF they found out that he had accidentally made the girl pregnant and would stop pestering him about getting married. However, his sanity still remained standing tall.

He looked to his left and decided to walk on the forest like place of a room. The area is almost filled with guys and it suddenly gave him a feeling of retreating back as quickly as he could. Who knows what might happen to him if he goes further. And his instinct just got stronger when he saw a guy, (probably the same age as him) eyed him from head to toe with a smile that means nothing but suspicion. Did Heechul even know what kind of people goes in and out of his club? Even if, Hyukjae’s not one to judge a person. Whatever made them like that, he’s sure it wasn’t even their choice in the first place, so he gave the guy a curt bow and stalked off to the other part of the area.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he didn’t see the guy following him, it must’ve shocked the other too as he remembered the look on the guy when he looked back, his smile faltered and was left with pure confusion. Oh well, so much for his first time getting hit by another guy.

He scanned the area and noticed that the people there were a mixture of both different genders; some looked like on their early twenties while others seemed like of his age and maybe older. This crowd pleased him than the others; it looked more casual and shouted of ‘pure fun but no funny games’. The girls gave him shy smiles but all of them looked too young for him and the boys around felt like they didn’t want him there, especially when his eyes landed on a girl dancing in the center of attraction, wearing a tight black jeans and a hanging blouse that’s close to dangerously falling off her shoulders if she ever makes another move with her arms around her dark blonde hair in a bun that looks...utterly familiar.

All eyes were on her including Hyukjae’s who seemed to be caught in a trance with the way she moves her hips around and back and when she does that grinding thing, man, the girl would definitely melt if stares could afford to do so.

“Dude, that is hot.”

“I’d tap that,” his imagination halted when he heard those words near from where he stands, two guys watching the girl with such burning desire in their eyes caught his peripheral view. That didn’t look nice, and even if the girl isn’t who he thinks she is, he would still do the same thing he’s about to do right now. Well, despite of being a little playful he still has that ‘manner of respect’ as Shindong would like to call it.

He walked to the girl and slowly made a rhythm behind her, ignoring all the daggers being thrown at him by the other guys, he caught a smell (a smell he’s gotten familiar with and by now, he’s glad that it is her) of the girl when she swayed to the left side, still unaware of Hyukjae’s presence.

“You really do make a scene whenever you dance,” he breathed in her ears that made the girl jump back and slightly loose her balance if not for his body behind her for support.

She turned around and sighed when it was just Hyukjae and not one of the guys (she’s aware of them), “And you love coming from the back.” She glared at him and pushed herself away from the close distance.

He chuckled and reached for her arm, he’s positive there’s no such thing as butterflies when their skin touched but he felt that tingly feeling again, “I was just trying to save you from those predators.”

“If you haven’t noticed yet, I’ve managed to be fine everytime,” her glare is still there but she allowed herself to be driven by his moves.

“Shindong’s really wrong to ask me that thing,” he muttered and ignored the questioning look Gyuri gave him. “Nothing, just some random things coming out of my silly mouth,” he grinned and turned her around, her back facing him once again.

Gyuri got the message and resumed to dancing; she let the music flow down her veins, to every blood vessel, and to her soul. She danced like she’s alone, swaying to the beat and letting the music overcome her senses. She did that thing that made the guy behind her froze in his spot, Gyuri gyrated her hips dangerously right in front of Hyukjae, a move that made the guy wonder if his attraction over the girl has really been forgotten.

Damn, Gyuri can make you have second thoughts.

And she’s doing great, ruining Hyukjae’s resolve. He was caught in her world once again, a world he had experienced when they first danced together, when he still have a crush on her. An extra ordinary dimension that made him longed for the girl, and damn, he’ll bet all of his fortunes that history would repeat itself if this goes on.

“W-who are you with?” And now he stutters, great, just great.

“Some friends...back in High School,” she says in between pants and it sounded so beautiful in Hyukjae’s ears.

“Yoobin?” he tried to sound cool but it’s just hard when Gyuri’s dancing like that.

“Yeah...” she turns around and places her hand around his nape, just like before. “And some others too,” she closes her eyes, leaning towards his ears, “Including those predators.” She retreated back her hands and with a sly smile, she trailed off towards the more crowded part of the dance floor.

 

Hyukjae is doomed, and he’s been wrong and right at the same time. Wrong in a sense that he thought he had gotten over his attraction over the girl, but he’s still right to know that the attraction is still different from what he’s looking for.

He found Gyuri freely dancing with some girls, one of them being Yoobin; he smiled at the girl as he approached them and whispered on to Gyuri’s ear, “You know, it’s a bad habit to leave someone behind.”

“And it’s equally bad to disturb someone in the middle of having fun with their friends,” she turned around, stopping all at once and just looking straight in his eyes.

This caught Hyukjae off guard but didn’t show it, he smiled to her and placed his hands over her waist. He started slow but Gyuri didn’t make any move, she’s just staring at him and it somehow made him insecure. “What?”

He felt Gyuri’s hand above his and pry them off of her, with how she’s looking at him and staying silent, Hyukjae felt like he crossed the line. He was about to apologize when Gyuri opened , “Take me home.”

She didn’t even bother to say goodbye to her friends and just walked away, dragging Hyukjae out of the club, nor even bothered to smile at the guy’s friend whom they met on their way out. But she’s quite aware of the smirks Kyuhyun and Sungmin had when they passed them by.

 

The two stayed silent inside the car, Hyukjae didn’t open his lips to form any sort of conversation to lighten the mood nor Gyuri did, she only gave him directions and that’s it. It’s not awkward and Hyukjae wouldn’t dare say that the silence is comforting either. It was between the lines, undefined but obviously there. Time hasn’t been tracked, or more like the situation’s too discreet to worry about that, but they arrived at ther place. Her neighborhood seems to be like one of those were its family friendly, were everyone knows who is who. He didn’t expect that from her.

She got out first and he followed, walking silently behind until they reached her gate. She stopped and so as he, but she never faced the man. Hyukjae waited, he observed her and tried to analyze what it is that he feels towards the girl because he’s still positive that it’s not what his friends thinks it is, it seems familiar but at the same time completely different from the same ones. Hyukjae’s attracted to her, damn yes he is, as well as all the other guys back at the club, however, that attraction is still unclear. Whether it’s just a spur of the moment kind or the forever with you, he doesn’t know...yet.

“Thanks for the ride,” she muttered shyly and Hyukjae thought that the girl in front of him wasn’t the one he took home.

“Don’t mention it, go inside it’s kind of cold here,” he saw her hesitated from her spot and then within a few seconds the next thing he knew was, Gyuri’s arm were encircled around his neck and her soft lips were pressed firmly against his own.

He was taken aback, of course he is, never did he saw this coming, but he took the chance to figure out that feeling inside him and responded to her kiss. He lightly pressed his cold lips against her warm ones and secured her inside his embrace. She tilted her head to the side and him on the other end; they moved naturally and collided back again after a short break. He opened his mouth and she allowed herself to fit her lips inside, the kiss deepened but still, it stayed clean, no tongues got invovled nor did they try to bite each other off. And even with that, Hyukjae couldn’t tell how Gyuri managed to take his breath away. The kiss is innocent (to him, that is), just nipping on each other’s lips and moving to where their heads directed them to. Yet, it’s addicting and it needs to stop before he decides to do something that could turn his world upside down.

“You...r-really s-should...go,” he said as he tried to let go for air and fight whenever Gyuri’s lips would close against his to swallow his words.

“Hmmn,” a hum of approval came from the back of Gyuri’s throat and oh freaking damn it got Hyukjae hooked. His hands moved down to the small of her back and her hands found their place in his hair, grabbing them lightly and messing them as she lets go only to repeat the procedure all over again. Gyuri made him fail or more likely, he can’t fight his own will, obviously.

All of it happened...pretty fast; it’s only been weeks (a week and a half exactly) since he got to know the girl and here they are, standing in front of her gate after he took her home, kissing the daylight out of each other. Did he even mention that she still hasn’t sent him any message? Or that he already thought that he’s over her? Or just the simple fact that, not once did they even went out? Well, nothing between those mattered as of the moment now, do they?

Gyuri smelled of tropical fruits and vanilla, her fingers are like magic working lazily yet managing to get him in the mood, and her lips, , he’d eat them.

Hyukjae swore that Gyuri’s lips would be the most selling drugs, if it were one. He can’t seem to let go, each time they stop and collect some air, even though he’s panting, Hyukjae would dive in again and claim those lips. Those lips that tasted of the sweetest sin and innocent lie, he’ll go crazy, definitely crazy. His hold on her got tighter, leaving no space between them, just each other’s body heat to feel and that crazy thumping that’s coming from either one of them, and the feeling it brought?

Amazing

Gyuri fits perfectly inside his arms just like how her lips were in his own ones, and as Gyuri pushed him lightly ending their first kiss with a chaste one before going inside, Hyukjae’s positive that he’s attracted to the girl, and yes, his attraction towards her had been given a name, it’s still not the one they would think though, but he’s attracted to her, physically.

ually