.015

Nine Months

Title: Sunday Morning

Rating: G

WC: 1,809

A/N: It’s been a while, how are you guys? I’m on a vacation now so I was able to finish this, although, I don’t feel this new chapter (I was aiming for something fluffy and toothaching story line, but it turned out something I’m not good at). I think it’s too boring *sigh* I'll try to make it up with you guys on the next chapter (even if I don't know what will happen next *double sigh*).

 

 

                The only day where Hyukjae is free of any duties, the day he eagerly waits to come just so he can sleep all day in his bed and not be interested in the world outside his perimeter, was horribly interrupted by the blaring sound of his phone. His naturally peaceful Sunday morning cried out to him as he tried to ignore the phone call. He twisted and turned, frowned and groaned, but in the end the annoying gadget won. Halfheartedly he pulled the covers off from his face, reached for his bedside table and felt around for his phone. The nearing sound of his ringtone made it impossibly painful for his unawakened mind. Without any interest at all, he hastily pressed the answer button and groggily greeted the unidentified person on the other line.

“Did I wake you up?” Sweet like candy and soft like cotton, the morning voice of his girlfriend awakened his senses, jolting up from his lying position to sit properly.

“N-no!” He half-shouted accompanied by the shaking of his head as if she’s actually in the room and he was righteously caught red handed.

When Gyuri laughed, Hyukjae felt the morning heat from outside his covered window passed through an invisible hole and seeped right through his erratically beating heart. “Don’t deny, it’s not like I can’t hear it,” he heard some shuffling from the other line before she went on with the most heartwarming greeting Hyukjae swore he has ever heard. “Good morning”

A morning call on his favorite day of the week, from Gyuri – his girlfriend.

Out of nowhere – in the dramas he had watched, his alarm clock made all the actions and returned back to that time yesterday when he took her home. The crazy butterflies in his stomach, the excitement and childishness when he kissed her good night, the reality of it all. Hyukjae could get used to her morning calls, specifically talking, waking up on his beloved rest day, “What are you doing?”

There’s a heart beat silence on the other end of the line before he hears a reply, “Lying down in bed”

“You just woke up?” He bit on his nail and gazed at his clock by the table beside, 8:03AM

“You caught me,” there were a couple of laughters she spilled before she continued, “What are you doing?”

He fixed his comforter and grabbed the pillow that was unconciously thrown on the floor during his sleep then returned back to the comforts of his nest with the pillow tucked in a half-embrace, “Still in bed.”

A thick silence ensued right after, his phone tightly in contact with his palm right against his ear, hearing every sound on the other line including the static shifting of soft materials against each other and the light breathing of the person on line. He, himself, shifted in his bed, facing the curtain covered window of his room, completely hugging the pillow as he wait for her voice to wake up the dead and bring back the aliveness in its eye.

 

“What’s on your schedule today?” It didn’t take long.

He smiled sheepishly, “Nothing special.”

“Then, do you want to see me?”

He bit on his lower lip and suppressed any form of laughter, inhaling big time as he struggle to settle down, “Why does it sound like you’re the one who wants to see me?”

He heard a scoff from the other line and grinned, “Don’t be too full of your self, you’re not that good looking to consider as someone to look forward to,” then he laughed.

Because at his age, Gyuri can make him giddy

“You don’t have to be so hard on your self, just say that you want to see me and I’ll be there.”

“Ew, how many cheese have you contained all your life while I was away?”

He his back and laughed, yet again, “Enough to have forever with you.”

“One more line and I’ll hang up,” the underlying threat in her voice isn’t enough, or, Hyukjae believes Gyuri didn’t mean it at all.

“But I thought you want to see me?”

She groaned, he smiled, “YOU wanted to see me.”

“Fine, fine. I wanted to see you,” albeit he surrenders, the smile remained. Discovering Gyuri the way it is turned out to be something fun and enjoyable, “Satisfied?”

“Fantastic, now plan it,” sarcasm and demand in one, Gyuri can handle them like a pro. There’s that shifting sound coming from her end again and Hyukjae stares at his ceiling, wondering if they were on the same position.

“Why do I have to?”

“Because you’re the guy?”

“But you’re the one who wanted to see me,” he pushed on with those mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Again, you wanted to see me,” and she strongly corrected. Hyukjae could make out Gyuri’s image with a strong façade and yet, a hint of child in the way she slightly pursed her lips at the end of her complain, “I’ll think about it later, agreed?”

“Can’t wait,” the squeal that odiously slipped through her tight lips gave away her prior sarcasm.

“Do I hear someone excited?”

“Shut up, that was my neighbor,” he could picture her flipping her hair to the sides as she dodges his question and ignore him completely.

“Uh-huh, I didn’t know you let your neighbors sleep in your bed unwarily.”

“Well yeah, she ran away from her home last night. But she’s returning today,” he shifted back to his side and stifled a laugh, jumbling his leg over the comforter. Up to now, it has to be his best morning. “What a random neighbor you’ve got there.”

“Yeah, but I won’t introduce her to you. You might take advantage of her,” his ears perked up.

“Aww, but I’d love to see her,” he pouted even though he clearly knows no one will see.

“And she’d love for you to leave her alone.”

“Don’t get jealous baby, I won’t cheat on you,” his pale cheeks turned into crimson red and his ears felt hot around it at his boldness whlile Gyuri remained silent. “Babe –”

“Don’t call me that,” she hissed. Hyukjae had on a triumphant’s smile all over his face, “And please, I don’t do jealous. I’m too good for that.”

If anything is possible, then Hyukjae’s face would be torn apart by now, “Why would my baby be angry?” She shifted on her bed and groaned, “I swear, if you call me that right in my face I’ll slap you.”

He chuckled, “So... I’ll just have to be careful to not let it slip away while I’m with you up front? Is that right, baby?”

“Just stop it all at once. Why are you so weird? Suddenly calling me names?” There’s another shuffling sound from her end of the line and light foot steps.

“Is it a crime now to show my affection?”

“You just made it.”

“You’ll come around.”

“You make me wanna puke.”

“Baby, did I got you pregnant with one shot?” He laughed at the choking sound on the other line, “Yah! What the heck are you talking about?! And just who are you? What did you do to my boyfriend?”

“He went away with your neighbor.”

“Return him back,” she demanded.

“Go ask your neighbor,” and she groaned.

“Return him back or I’ll definitely hang up and not come around for at least a week. I can do it, I have not contacted you for a long time, keep them in mind.” His eyes widened at the challenge that sounded so much like a threat, for real. “You can’t possibly do that now, you said it yourself, it makes you go crazy,” he reasoned.

“Want to take the chance?” Morning decisions in his bed on his favorite day, didn’t go well with Hyukjae, he raised his white flag. “You know what? I think he just returned,” he his back and glared at the mocking ceiling, “Hello?”

 “Awesome,” he sighed and changed the subject. “So, what are you doing now?”

He could hear the smile on her voice when she said, “Appreciating nature.” Bipolar or not, his heart melted a bit and all the sudden quick-tension washed away, “Now, I really do wanna see you.”

A faint knock on her door echoed in his line followed by the words Honey, we’re going now, call us if anything happens and Gyuri’s goodbye to her (Hyukjae is positive) parents, followed by a second of silence.

“I told you so,” despite the arrogance in her answer that translated as ‘I know right’ to Hyukjae, he could picture her beauty radiating along with the morning sun.

“Was that your mom?” He raised an eyebrow, his curiousity about Gyuri’s background picking up.

There’s a sound of a car’s engine and a sigh on her part, “Yeah.”

He frowned, alternating his phone to his free ear and the pillow to his other arm, “Something wrong?”

“Nothing,” he could hear a guy’s voice, loud and clear, admiring his girlfriend’s beauty.

“Am I not the only one popular?” He humoured her.

“Siwon didn’t tell you? I went on a date with him twice, and I had fun,” she returned the humour with much laughter on her side.

“Tell him you’re talking to your boyfriend,” no, Hyukjae isn’t jealous. Well, to him he isn’t yet, to her, Hyukjae with a period at the end of the line strongly stands (with burning passion) that she just loves hearing his voice when an obvious laughter escaped her lips.

“He’s pretty good looking you know. Same level as Heechul oppa’s,” it was his turn to scoff at the mention of his friend’s name. “Please. Give Heechul hyung a wig and she’s a girl.”

“Exactly,” he shifted back on his side, “Besides, I like people with good looks.” Then quickly returned back to his prior position with the biggest smile he has yet plastered in his face, “I must say you have good taste.”

“Oh that doesn’t include you dear,” her frolicsome laughter didn’t punch his smile. Gyuri could deny all she wants, Hyukjae reckons he’s more handsome than Siwon – his oh-so-loving mother says so.

“What made me stand out then?” He piqued, glancing at his clock, 8:56AM, almost an hour already.

“Makes me wonder,” a couple of movements made from the other end of the line passed through him. He frowned and looked back at his clock, 8:57AM, “Have you had breakfast?”

“I just woke up remember?” he heard a creaking sound followed by something familiar to closing.

“Don’t eat yet,” he threw the heavy comforter off and jumped out of his bed. “Let’s have breakfast together, I’ll pick you up,” he quickly pull the curtains aside and opened his window, inhaling the beautiful scent of a Sunday morning, Hyukjae’s best so far. “I’ll be there in thirty.”