.017

Nine Months

Title: New Meetings

Rating: G

WC: 1,700

A/N: Hey guys! How many weeks has it been? Anyways, I just want to add another chapter if that is okay with you :D But it’s nothing exciting; I just need a some sort of phase, I guess, for the next chapter in which I might add some y time. However it’s still undecided, we’ll see what happens.

 

 

                Within the eight weeks in their relationship it would be the first time for them to show themselves out in front of his friends as a couple. The first invitation of having Gyuri join their fun was declined due to the prior being comitted in her work. Yet, the others didn’t believe it when Eunhyuk rely Gyuri’s answer. Even Siwon who was included in that project the young photographer is working on doubted it, reasoning that the young CEO must’ve warned his girlfriend to not show up. So, when Heechul called Gyuri out last Thursday night while the couple is having their late dinner, none of them can answer no. It was Heechul they were talking to after all.

He watched intently as Gyuri tried to fix her dress in his car’s window, putting his weight in his right foot, she aimed for his gaze in the reflection. “Do I look good?” He unclasped his hands and slowly approached her, “Why are you so worried?”

Her limped hands swayed in the air as Hyukjae turned her around to meet her eyes, “Because now I’m going to greet them as your girlfriend, duh.”

The last expression from her cracked a smile on Hyukjae’s concerned face, “Now you’re talking.”

“Well excuse me, of course I am,” she lightly pushed Hyujkae’s hands off her shoulder and turned back around for one last quick fix and then, everything just look sparkling after, “I just want to make the beauty between us two rise to a higher level.”

She reached for his hand and led the way; however, Hyukjae didn’t even move an inch. “Are you saying that I don’t look good?” She inwardly palmed her face at the intonation of his voice, “Yah, Park Gyuri.” She turned around to see him frowning and smiled innocently, a little too innocent to be considered as a devil’s grin, “No dear, what I was trying to say is that I want to look good in front of them. You always look charismatic so I wanted to at least be at the same level as you,” she placed a light peck on his cheeks and reached for his hand once again, “Now come on.”

“For some reason I want to be mad at you but it always fades away right after. I swear there’s some manipulation going on between us,” he sighed and led her inside the club. Once the ear deafening sound of music blew their way, Gyuri leaned closer to Hyukjae and held his hand a little tighter.

“You just love me that much.”

It was supposed to be unheard but things like that always catches Hyukjae’s ears, and so he stopped in the middle of their way to the booth and looked at Gyuri with the most interesting smile she has yet seen from him, “I don’t remember telling you how much I love you yet baby, but we both know that I like you that much to let you slip away with it.” The young CEO could never be more than pleased with Gyuri’s jaw dropping, times like this were he can play her game amuses him to no end. He lowered his head close to her ear and blew the words that earned him a slap in his arms, “Should I close your lips for you, baby?”

“ert,” he laughed at her weak counter attack and followed behind his annoyed girlfriend. “Your knitted brows equals to wrinkles, am I right?” he whispered as he slips his hand in hers.

“Did I ever tell you before that I hate it when you talk smart?” She gave him a side glance glare but didn’t let go of his hand.

 “I’ll try my best to keep that in mind,” he chuckled as she groans and started pushing their way through the crowd once again.

 

“Finally!” Kyuhyun declared at the sight of the new couple sitting in their booth after he had come from the bar. He shamelessly slumps his body in between the two, forcing them to part ways, and drape the weight and length of his arms in their shoulders.

“Yah!” Hyukjae wiggled in his state but Kyuhyun only held him closer.

“At least let Gyuri breathe, Kyuhyun-ah,” Ryeowook tried to help the young photographer out of the strong grip but to no avail.

“Gyuri-ah, what does this bastard have that I don’t, huh?” Said girl ignored the dagger her boyfriend is sending towards his own friend and rather laughed at the cuteness in Kyuhyun’s pout.

“Now it really makes me wonder, you make pout look much cuter,” her eyes wandered over Kyuhyun’s shoulder and blinked mischievously as she met gazes with Hyukjae.

“What about me Gyul?” A threatening arched brow made way in the young CEO’s face at the never before heard nickname for his girlfriend.

“Shouldn’t it be obvious by now, Siwon oppa? You’re a hundred times good looking,” the same threat reached Gyuri’s eyesight but was never fazed. “And Heechul oppa is too good looking to even describe it with words is such a problem,” she earn a pleasing smile from the said man.

“I always knew that you have the eyes to capture bright things like us,” he winked at her and afterwards, sought for Hyukjae’s attention which didn’t took that long, “Except for one.”

“Should I retake it?” She grinned and that was it, Hyukjae made a noise rather loudly, “We all know that I can hear clearly.”

“And it’s also clear that we’re doing it on purpose,” if Hyukjae isn’t used to his friends by now, he would’ve winced at the smile Heechul threw his way.

“Come on buddy, we’ve been walking down this road since diaper,” Donghae placed his arm above Kyuhyun’s on Hyukjae’s shoulders and pinched the young CEO’s cheek using his free hand.

“Ugh, shouldn’t it be at least different now that I have my girlfriend with me?” The awareness of what he had just said sank in after the sound made by his friends.

“You’re much better now Hyukjae-ah,” he appreciated the tone Leeteuk used to address him, “However, like everyone else, it makes me wonder.” But rolled his eyes and allowed his upper body to sag down in defeat, “And here I thought I have one sane friend around me.” He ignored the boisterous laughter made by Yesung and chugged down his beer to drown out the comment made by the same man, “This is going to be so interesting.”

 

They bounced with the music, swayed along with the crowd, and had each other’s hot gaze, “Are you still pissed?” The close distance between them two caused her hot breath to invade his mind. He smirked, “Not anymore,” and rolled his body quite ily towards her. Gyuri took the change in his move as a sign and turned around, pressing her back in his chiseled body.

They incorporated their moves and soon enough the dance was nothing compared to the others but still has the elegance complete with finesse in it no matter how they roll. The attention they were gaining through their dance wasn’t left unnoticed despite them being zoned out in their little world. Especially the peircing gaze Gyuri can feel boring holes in her coming straight from a man’s silhouette in the bar.

“He’s been staring at me the whole time,” she leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

Over the experience of having the floor with a girl like Gyuri, Hyukjae has mastered his ways of attacking his possible rivals. He sneaked his arms around her middle and pressed closer, leaning his chin in her shoulders and giving the said man a good look.

It was blurry and completely over shadowed by the light from the bar, however, Hyukjae could identify the man’s silhouette in any other circumstances. There’s no mistaking and he is just too excited to even ask his friends about this man. Even the tight grip he felt in his hands when he suddenly broke the contact between him and Gyuri didn’t stop him from coming towards the man’s direction.

“Come with me,” he had said when Gyuri held him back once again. Uncertainly, she nodded and stayed close to Hyukjae as they push through the crowd to the bar where she could tell, the man is smiling widely. They stop right in front of him and the smile just turned wider, “Is this another joke?” Even the bark of his laughter gives Gyuri the shivers to cowardly hide behind Hyukjae’s body. “What are you doing here?”

“Where are your manners?” Somehow, the man’s voice contrasted his tone of laughter prior.

“Hyung, how long have you been here?” The change in Hyukjae’s voice raised a new wave of curiosity in Gyuri’s knowledge of her boyfriend.

“Long enough to see something interesting,” she whipped her head around to see the devil in Heechul behind her. He placed his arm around her shoulder and turned towards the still unknown man, “Quite the catch isn’t she?”

If it wasn’t for the man she is yet to know, Gyuri would’ve stabbed Heechul in his side with her elbow. “Yeah, Hyukjae’s a lucky guy,” in her peripheral view, Hyukjae was nodding continuously like the good boy he is, “I just don’t know about her though.”

A sound of approval resonated within Heechul’s and was followed by the dramatic line of, “We all feel the same.”

“Yah, hyungs! I am not that bad, okay. I make a good boyfriend,” perhaps it was the whiny voice of Hyukjae or the laughter coming from the two older guys, nonetheless Gyuri felt overwhelmed when her boyfriend took her in his arms. “I am better than any of you, right Gyuri?” the answer to the question would be an obvious ‘I don’t know’ simply because Gyuri wouldn’t know unless she has enough experience of dating the other two guys. However, her everyday with Hyukjae is something that still lacks of security but is filled up with laughter and memories to treasure so far.

So, she nods.

With a smile, because, there’s still a long way ahead of them that they need to tackle and Gyuri needs time to give Hyukjae a definite answer to his question.