Cha[ter 7

Beijing Love Story

Three chapters in a row... Because I'm mind blowingly awesome >...<

 

-

“Xiu Min, you’re really cute and handsome like your father!” Mrs. Huang praise his step son as the four of them gathered in the living room. Mr. Huang and the two boys were wearing black elegant suit and had their hair neatly combed to their back, while Mrs. Huang looked prettier with her purple silk gown.

“Thanks” Xiu Min lowered his face and smiled shyly.

“Omygod, he’s so cute. I’m sure many girls will fall for his charm and asked me his number later”

“Don’t worry, you’ll do great” Mr. Huang patted Xiu Min’s back, the first time he had physical contact with his son and that shocked Xiu Min a little bit.

Mr. and Mrs. Huang walked inside the same car while Xiu Min and Tao took the other car separated.

“Any tips for me?” he asked his brother as the ride started.

“Yeah, stay silent” Tao answered shortly.

Xiu Min sighed and looked aside the window. It’s been months and there’s no change in Tao’s reaction when he’s around.

“Seriously, ge. Don’t talk to anyone there” Tao suddenly said again.

Caught in surprise, Xiu Min managed to spoke “Why? You’re ashamed with me?”

Thought hard, Tao wrinkled his eyebrows and tapped his chin “It’s complicated. Just do as I say. These people will eat you alive if they know who you are” he put on his earphone and a sound of music could be heard filling the air.

 

In an hour they arrived at a huge mansion where lines of cars already filled the main gate. Mr. and Mrs. Huang waited for their sons before they made their entrance. Some people politely greet the couple and they stopped to greet them back. Xiu Min could feel that most of their eyes fixed on him, it made him more nervous than before. He glanced at his brother, Tao calmly walked behind their parents and bowed politely to his parent’s friends. He looked more mature and menacing than he already did at home everyday.

“Father’s not here yet, you boys have something to eat first” Mrs. Huang turned to them.

“Yes, mother” Tao said and signaled Xiu Min to follow him.

Xiu Min’s nervousness was lessening now hesaw delicious foods served on the buffet. “Can I eat these?” he asked Tao.

“Yes, gege. You should eat here in the corner. Eat anything you want” Tao answered. Somehow it felt that Tao wanted to hide him but he shrugged it of. They took a plate and stood side by side, he didn’t notice that the younger was glaring at anyone around them, making anyone avoided eye contact with him and left the two alone.

“Gege, I need to go to the bathroom”

“Mwokay” Xiu Min said with his full mouth.

“Don’t look at anyone, okay?”

“Mmmh...” he nodded as he tried to swallow down.

At that time, Tao thought that his gege with a stuffed cheek was the cutest thing ever. But he hid his smile and walked away.

Xiu Min was on his third plate when suddenly someone tapped his shoulder.

“Xiu Min ge, what’re you doing in the corner?” Chen stood behind him. As usual, the handsome boy wore black square frame eyeglasses with a definitely expensive suits and a sweet smile curved on his lips.

“...Eating” Xiu Min finally answered after he coughed in surprise “What’re you doing here?”

“Didn’t I tell you that my father and Tao’s mother were cousin? We’re still relatives”

“Oh right, Tao, where’s that boy?” Xiu Min whined “He left me here and said I shouldn’t talk to anyone or look at anyone”

Chen chuckled “He said that? That’s so not him” his face was amused as suddenly he changed his expression “I saw him in the west wing, through that door”

“Can you come with me?” Xiu Min looked at Tao’s finger pointed.

“I’m sorry, ge. You definitely look cute and dateable, but I...” the boy pointed himself “... had an actual date that will complain to my father how I wasn’t paying attention on her if I stayed here too long”

Xiu Min turned his head to a tall girl with a very short dress looking at their direction impatiently.

“Hmpph... you traitor” Xiu Min hissed.

“Oh, ge” Chen turned around “I would listen to Tao, if I were you” he smiled to Xiu Min and took the girl’s hand before walking away.

“Right... Look no one, talk to no one” Xiu Min mumbled and started to walked through some people. It was crowded at the centre, but as he went to the west side of the mansion, it got lesser people there.

“Sir, are you okay?” he approached an old man who was bumped by a young gentleman in a suit. “Hey, you should apologize” he scolded the person.

“Tch, people these days...” he muttered “Are you okay? Do you want me to call someone?” he asked the old man again and helped to pick up his stick.

“I’m fine, young man. That’s very kind of you. Ah, I’m so thirsty”

“Let me get you water” Xiu Min rushed to the main room and grabbed a glass of water “Here you go” He helped the man to sit down on a chair and handed him the glass.

“Ooh... Thank you” the old man laughed “And who are you? I never see you around”

Xiu min smiled “I’m Kim Minseok, but my Chinese name is Huang Xiu Min”

He looked up and stared deeply to Xiu Min “Well well, aren’t you a fine gentleman?” he said

“I was just helping you to get some water, sir” Xiu Min smiled, they chat for awhile until the old man finally stood up.

“It was nice to talk to you, Xiu Min. But I guess I have to be at the party”

“Yes, it was nice talking to you too. Please be careful on your way”

Xiu Min continued his search for his brother, he asked some waiter for a black hair guy with a murderous aura and they gave him a direction.

“This is a far bathroom he took”he thought as he saw the sign of restroom. He was about to swing the door as he heard a conversation from the inside.

“Didn’t your father taught you some manner?” a cold low voice caught Xiu Min’s ear.

“It wasn’t my fault at the first place” he recognized Tao’s voice right away. Hurriedly he stepped in to find a tall golden hair man tugged the front suits of Tao and Xiu Min could feel the threaten in his eyes. He ran to his brother and grabbed the other man’s shoulder.

“Let go of him” he hissed.

The stranger turned around “Do you know who I am, dwarf?”

His face was a living statue, so perfectly sculptures, his straight nose, red lips and cold eyes. Not to mention he was a whole lot taller than him. But he noticed that the person still hold a grip on Tao’s suits, and he didn’t like it.

“I said, let him go, or I’ll kick your ” he tightened his clenched on his shoulder and they glared at each other.

“Gege, what’re you doing here? I told you to wait inside” Tao’s eyes widened.

“Gege?” the other man now interested. He let Tao go and observed Xiu Min “So you’re the one that everyone talked about” he spoke in Korean now.

“Good, then you understand when I said, let my brother go or I’ll kick your ”

The other guy chuckled in a ruthless voice “You think you could do it so easy?” he asked “You just messed with the wrong guy here”

Xiu Min felt the chill behind his voice and glanced at Tao, both of them were ready for a fight.

“Kris gege, you took too...” suddenly a young man opened the door “...long” he stood there dumbfounded.

“Yi Xing?” Xiu Min was surprised.

“You know each other?” the tall man, Kris and Tao asked in the same time.

“Ugh... yes, we bumped each other a few times in campus” Yi Xing answered.

Kris seemed dissatisfied with the younger answer “Good, now you could watch me beat him up” He took a step forward and clenched his fist.

“No, gege!” Yi Xing shouted “Grand father is looking for you”

Kris who already raised his hand and ready to launched his fist gritted his teeth “Tch, you’re lucky this time”

“Come at me anytime” Xiu Min challenged him.

Kris glared at him before he took his leave. Yi Xing smiled at Xiu Min as his gege passed him by “I told you I’ll see you soon” he grinned before he followed Kris steps.

“Who’s that?” Xiu Min asked as he felt the storm was passing by.

“That, is the person you should avoid the most” Tao answered with a tight shut eyes “Wu Fan...”

-

Time for Xiu Min's spamzz....