Chapter 4

Beijing Love Story

“You need help with these?” asked Yi Xing pointed at Xiu Min’s books on his hand.

“Never mind, I got this” Xiu Min woke up from his trance. The guy stood in front of him looked younger but mature and gentle. He wore a v-neck gray shirt and a bag strapped to his back. He has a shy smile that showed his one dimple and a soft voice that matches his face.

“Could you please hold these for me?” Xiu Min shoved his belongings to the other guy and opened his bag. “Thanks” he took them back and hurriedly threw all of them in.

“You like to abuse your bag” Yi Xing covered his mouth to hide his amused chuckle.

“I bring too much with me today” Xiu Min grinned at his foolishness “I... I better go” he waved his hand frantically.

“See you later” Yi Xing smiled and watched as the older boy turned around and left.

“Hmm? What’s this?” Yi Xing bend down to picked up a card “Huang Xiu Min... interesting” he smiled as he stared at Xiu Min’s picture on it.

 

Xiu Min put his bag on the couch while he slumped his beside it. The traffic was bad, he stood up for two hours ride on the bus, with a heavy bag on his back and a growling stomach to top it all. He fished his cell phone and apparently his mother just left him a voice mail, so he pressed the button and leaned his head to the cushion, put a palm to cover his eyes.

“Minseokie, how are you? Umma is doing great, we just arrived in Moscow and it’s very cold here. Minseokie, did you eat well? Please take care of yourself, Umma is really worried for you. Should we really be doing this? I read your text about your Dad’s new family. How did they treat you? How is your step brother?” Xiu Min could almost smell his mother’s scent as she breathe heavily “I remembered when you were a little, even though you never spoke of it, but you’ve always looked other kids with sibling in envy. So, I don’t know how you’ll handle this, but I know deep down you actually happy that you have someone your related to, that you’re not alone. Don’t give up, Minseokie. Umma had faith in you”

As he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the family picture hanging on the wall. His Dad and his new wife with a perfect handsome son.

A sting of pain strucked inside his heart, but he shrugged it off and went to the kitchen. Mrs. Lin the maid of this house couldn’t speak Korean, but she’s the only person that Xiu Min spent his days with. After two hours he decided to take a bath and went back to the kitchen. With a tired face and almost closed eyes, but a satisfied smile curved on his lip, he dragged his body to his bed.

 

Tao casually threw his jacket at the cushion and reached for the remote as he tivi. It’s past dinner time but his mother already told him that they won’t be back tonight. Not wanting to eat just with a stranger, he decided to stayed at his friend’s house until late at night. He opened the fridge and smiled at the chocolate cake inside. Mrs. Lin had been kind lately, she hardly baked him any snacks since she had a grandson and went back home in the afternoon.

As he grabbed a plate and enjoyed the cake, Xiu Min who woke up from the noise went in the kitchen and smiled at the sight.

“Is it good?” he asked with curious.

Tao tried to gave him his cold stared, but with the sweetness of chocolate melted in his mouth, he couldn’t surpress his smile “mmm...” he nodded.

Xiu Min grinned contently.

“Why are you smiling?” Tao frowned.

“Nothing” Xiu Min shook his head and turned around “Don’t forget to clean up the mess and brush your teeth before you sleep”

Tao pouted as he thought of screaming back at the older, but the cake was more tempting at the thought. Maybe later... he smiled

 

Such a sad expression... Make me want to run and squeeze him