Chapter 20

Beijing Love Story

They spent the next weeks studying on the library or staying over each other’s house. The final exam was a struggle for Xiu Min although his Chinese is decent enough but it was hard since he just studied the language for about six months. And all these times, Lu Han patiently guided him with the lectures, books and notes. When Lu Han had to stay with his mother, Tao would help him apart from his daily classes.

And with that Xiu Min passed all his classes with a satisfying mark. Mr. and Mrs. Huang decided to take their boys to a family vacation as a reward and parted gift with the boys moving to the main house was nearing.

Xiu Min was reluctant to separate from his pretty boyfriend, but after hundreds of pleadings and promises to stay in touch, the cute dumpling gave up. Lu Han knew his sweet boyfriend more than Xiu Min knows himself. This is the first vacation Xiu Min had with his new family, getting to know his father, being spoiled by his stepmother, and dotting at his younger brother.

It was heart breaking for Xiu Min, he already used to Lu Han by his side all the time that the thought of not seeing him in a month pained his heart. But the twinkle on Tao’s eyes and a smile curved on his lips were enough for Xiu Min to enjoy their vacation. And Lu Han kept his promise to text and call him every day.

“This is weird...” Xiu Min mumbled as they just finished with their breakfast.

“What is it?” Tao still chewing on his cake looked up.

“Lu Han’s number is not registered anymore...” He put down his cell phone and dialed again.

“... Maybe he turned it off...”

“Don’t speak when your mouth is full, Tao” his mother scolded him “And Xiu Min-ah, help me packing our bags. I don’t think I could get all the stuff we bought in our luggage”

Xiu Min nodded and glanced at his brother pouting. They’ll be going back home in two days, Xiu Min chuckled at the idea, he never thought he’s going to call Beijing his home now. But he couldn’t wait to see his boyfriend again, his beautiful features and big doe brown eyes, plump red cherry lips and the innocent smile plastered on his face.

He hummed happily as he imagined the perfect angel on his mind is waiting for him back home.

 

“He still didn’t contact me” Xiu Min sighed as he and Tao strolling on the beach. They’ll take their flight to Beijing this afternoon and Tao insisted to spend the morning together.

“Don’t worry, ge. We’ll be home by tomorrow. I’m sure nothing happened” Tao linked his fingers with Xiu Min’s. Feeling a bit comforted by Tao’s touch, Xiu Min smiled. They continued their walk in silence, both were deep in their mind.

 

They arrived after midnight and Xiu Min sighed heavily, dozing at the car window that was tainted with rain drops. He still couldn’t contact Lu Han and the boy didn’t leave him any message either.

“Gege, are you okay?” Tao whispered.

Xiu Min turned to his brother and smiled “Have some rest, Tao. I’ll wake you up when we got home” he ruffled the boy’s hair “Don’t worry, I’m fine”

He looked back at his reflection on the window, he tried to hide his worries from his brother and it tired him out. He wanted to be frantically running to Lu Han’s house to check on him and make sure he’s fine.

“You could see him tomorrow on campus”

“I know...”

 

“What do you meand he quit?” Xiu Min’s white skin went paler and his round eyes widened like no one ever saw before.

The lady on administration desk fidgeted uncomforted on her seat “He didn’t registered again for this semester and all of his files have been taken a few days earlier”

Xiu Min’s mouth opened and closed again “Who… Who took it?”

Now the lady felt so guilty at the confused look on Xiu Min’s face “Lu Han himself took his grades and files a few days ago, he was transferring to another college”

“Do you know where..?”

“I’m sorry, but we have no information about that” she shook her head.

Xiu Min’s heart beats faster, he didn’t even bow to say thank you as he ran out the building, bumping few shoulders and ran along the streets. A few heads turned to his direction, because he ran like it was for his dear life.

“It’s Xiu Min ge” said Tao. He and Chen were playing basketball on the small court with their friends and about to wrap their game since the sky was darkening and thunders roaring, when a small figure ran past the fence.

“Poor him” Chen’s expression was saddened and Tao nodded weakly. He knew this day is unavoidable but Xiu Min’s smile is something he wanted to cherish all the time.

“It’s not your fault, Tao” Chen turned to Tao.

“Then why do I feel like the worst person right now?” the dark haired boy choked on his tears.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be alright” Chen ruffled his hair, it was kind of awkward since Tao is taller than him and he never let himself physically care to the younger, but he knew Tao needed it right now.

 

Xiu Min almost reached the gate, he just needed to take a bus from the bus stop across the campus to get to Lu Han’s house and he ran as fast as his legs could get to catch the bus.

“Let him be, Yi Xing” Wu Fan was at the parking lot with his cousin, he was closing the car door when they heard a ruckus and turned to the pavement. It was saddened to see Xiu Min’s expression at that time so he decided to look away.

Yi Xing stared blankly at Xiu Min who’s getting further and further “I can’t…” He whispered and clenched his fist.

Wu Fan could only look at him when Yi Xing his heel and chase the boy away.

Xiu Min’s vision was a blur, he couldn’t see straight and his lungs were heavy. He didn’t even feela few rain drops fellon his head.

“Have fun there, Minseokie… I’ll miss you”Lu Han smiled sadly when they said good bye at the airport.

At that time, Xiu Min thought he was just sad they’re going to be separated for a month. Now that he thinks again, he never saw the strange expression on Lu Han’s face ever before. He missed the fact that Lu Han’s eyes weren’t shining as he used to. He forgot that no matter how sad Lu Han was, he always smiled when he’s with Xiu Min.

“I’m so stupid…”Xiu Min muttered “Lu Han… Lu Han…” he screamed in his head when suddenly a violent hand grabbed him from the back and broke him from his thoughts.

“What the…?” the stranger turned him around and grabbed his shoulder sternly.

“Xiu Min… it’s me…” the pale white boy panted, his hair stucked out messily.

“Yi Xing, I’m in a hurry” Xiu Min struggled, catching his breathe.

“He’s not there!” Yi Xing shouted.

Xiu min’s red eyes were glazed and his mouth agape “How… how did you know?”

“He left, okay!” Yi Xing raised his voice.

“What do you mean he left? Where to?!”

Yi Xing gulped down “I’m sorry, I thought he’ll tell you so I keep my mouth shut”

“Where to?!” Now Xiu Min shook Yi Xing by his collar and screamed.

“I don’t know” Yi Xing meekly answered.

“You’re lying!”

“I’m not” Yi Xing’s eyes widened “He called me, said he’ll be leaving and told me not to worry. He didn’t answer when I asked him where he went”

“But…” Xiu Min startled “He didn’t said anything to me” tears were streaming down his flushed cheeks. “He can’t...” Xiu Min shook his head, the heart broken boy couldn’t finish his sentence as more tears falling.

“Oh, Xiu Min…” Yi Xing muttered and pulled him in an embrace. “Please forget my stupid brother”

Xiu Min who was too drowned in his feelings didn’t replied, he palmed his face with his hands and buried on Yi Xing shoulder while the younger his back gently. More rain drops falling from the sky and people were running for a shelter, but the two boys didn’t budge. Yi Xing waited patiently to let the older cried his heart out, holding the shaking shoulder and let his cries swallowed by the rain.

-

Xiumin from the front

Xiumin from the side

Xiumin from up >...<

My bias is PERFECT