Tangled

The Last Song

"Soeun-ah!" Hyesun waved her hand in front of Soeun's blank expression. "Are you alright?" she asked. "You're not... sick again, are you?" startled, Soeun stared at her friend. 

"A.. niyo." she shook her head. "I'm fine!" she chirped. Hyesun stared at her warily. "Are you sure?" 

Soeun's mind seemed to float again. 

"I'll be around if you need anything.. alright, Soeunnie?" The gentle tenderness of Junho's lips brushing against her warm forehead felt almost dream-like to Soeun. Her fever.. (what fever?) seemed to wash away in an instance. At the moment.. 

"Yes, Hyesun. I'm fi..." Soeun's smile quickly faded into a small gasp at the sudden presence of the guy opposite to her. Where did HE come from?

"Well... I don't think she is," he smirked. "Um.." he gave Hyesun a look, indicating her to leave them alone.

"Miss.. Gu? Could you please give us a moment?" Hyesun nodded slowly, understanding "Yes.. yes! Of course, Mr. Lee." I'll be okay, Soeun mouthed to her her before she scurried away. Junho gently held Soeun's wrist after Hyesun was out of sight.

"What do you want?" Soeun asked curtly, her expression stiff, but her insides otherwise. She could almost feel her legs turning to jelly. 

 "Your answer." Junho sighed. 

"What answer?" Soeun pretended to look around, biting her lip. 

"Yah Kim Soeun... stop playing pabo." 

"Neh?" 

"Just say you want it." 

"Want what???" Soeun pouted. "What I wan't now is for you to go away!" 

"Oh, really?" Junho raised his eyebrow, smirking. His fingers played with his chin. "Hmm...." 

"What?" 

"I thought someone fell sick because they were missing me so bad." he said calmly, winking. Soeun blushed. 

"YAH! When?!?! Who told you that! Aish! Why would I even?" Soeun said in panicked tones, then cautiously looking over to Junho. Was it that obvious? Junho smiled in victory.

"Well, I'll be going back to Seoul very soon." he checked her expression. "For good." he said quietly. Soeun tried to hide her vast change of expression but her eyes obviously couldn't lie.

"For... good? So?!" 

"Won't you miss me?" 

"YOU?! Of course not!" she forced a laugh. "Hah.. of course not. Not. At. All." Soeun's voice trailed off in dissapointment. Junho shrugged.

"Well.. I'll wait for you until you change your mind. I have until..." he checked his watch. "... 4 o' clock. Or else.. it's goodbye." 

Soeun swallowed. "Ok. Sure! Whatever!" she yelled. "Get back to your hyped up social life! With women surrounding you.." she mumbled. Junho raised a foot to walk away. 

"Jealous!" he chuckled. 

"I heard that! And I'm... not!" she stomped in protest, half-angry, half-confused.. and a little disoriented.