Junnie

The Last Song

"Halmeoni!" Junho backhugged his beloved grandmother, which startled her a little. She rubbed her chest vigorously. "Aigoo Junho-yah! I'm not as young as I was before!" Junho laughter echoed across the living room. "What were you doing, anyway?" he asked, glancing over from behind. There were stacks of photo albums on the glass table. 

"Are you reminiscing your younger days?" he guessed, indicating the white lacy album that looked most heaviest. Yookyung pushed the album away, and smiled meaningfully. "Ah, that. My wedding photos! But I'm not flipping through that today. Look at this." she pointed to the photo in the album she was holding. "You were so cute when you were younger."

"WERE? Cute is an understatement, halmeoni! I was very handsome! Still am too!" Junho took the album from Yookyung and flipped vigorously. His smile faded.

"What's the matter? -- oh." Yookyung asked after noticing her grandson's sudden stiffness. She paused and smiled bitterly. "Junho...?" 

"It's Jinju." the memories of their younger days flashed in the back of his head. His breathing became heavier. Yookyung closed the album that was in his hands and put her hand on his thigh, patting it comfortingly. "Junho-yah..." 

"It's okay, halmeoni." he forced himself a chuckle. "That was ages ago. I'm grown-up now.. I can take this." he lied. Of course Yookyung's motherly instincts knew that her grandson still pined for that girl. He must've really liked her, she thought. 

"So!" Yookyung quickly changed the subject. "When are you going to introduce me to your new girlfriend, eh Junnie?" she winked at Junho, fixing the collar of this shirt.

"Halmeoni.. you're so creepy sometimes." Junho mumbled, brushing his grandmother's hands off him. 

"What? Isn't this my way of showing affection towards my youngest grandson?" she attempted a pout. Junho's eyesmiles danced in and out at her words. He stretched his muscular arms to hug the elderly woman. 

"Junnie.." 

"Yes, halmeoni?" 

"No secrets between me and you, okay?" 

"Hm." 

"I'm just saying. I'm not getting any younger, and I'm longing for the company of young children.. you can't keep your old halmeoni in the dark forever, you know.." she trailed off for dramatic effect. 

"You're at it again!" Junho made a face. "It's not that, halmeoni.. I just.." 

"Haven't met the one?" 

"Why am I the one you keep pestering with, anyway?" he complained. "People never mentioned 'marriage', or 'women' or whatever when hyung's around! Why is it always me?"

Yookyung his hair. "Because, Lee Junho.."

"Is it because I'm better-looking?" he joked. "Cause I know I am. Guaranteed since birth." he flexed his biceps.

"No. Stop fooling around. No wonder you haven't settled in with anyone yet! Aigoo."

"Who said so! Of course I do! Soeunnie---" Junho stuck his tongue out at the little slip. Uh-oh. Halmeoni and that tactic again. He always loses to her. Yookyung stared at him innocently. 

"Alright, alright. So there's this girl...."

And that's how Yookyung knew about Kim Soeun.

-------

---> I forgot I kept this private since forever lol (publishing it anyway) sorry if it :/