Falling

The Last Song

"I think.. I like you, Kim Soeun." Junho took Soeun's hands, warming them in his. It was already getting chilly.  "Cold, isn't it?" 

"I.... I... Ommaya!" Soeun almost tripped again. Junho saved her again, this time pulling her closer to his chest. 

"I-" Soeun and Junho started. "You first." Junho says. 

"I.." Soeun mumbled. "It's my first time hearing something like this." her voice trailed off. 

"Mwo???" Junho closed his eyes and put his one hand on his hips. "Up until now?! We're you that unpopular?!"

Soeun scoffed. "Good for you for being so... popular!" 

"Of course it was good! Wah.. I had a lot of girls swarming over me!" Junho said arrogantly. 

"Pfft. I see... I think I already knew that." she nodded sarcastically. 

"Know what?" 

"I just know!" Soeun said in defence. "Yah.. what is it that you actually wanted to tell me?!" 

Junho felt his cheeks become hot. "I told you already!" 

Soeun bit her lip. "That you... think you like me?" she blinked her doe-like eyes innocently. Junho swallowed, his Adam's apple running up and down. He cleared his throat. 

"So anyway! If you're still keen on working at the resort, bring yourself ready for it!" 

"Are you telling me to quit?!" 

"I'm telling you to keep on doing it! Just get ready!" 

"Ready for what?? What I wanted to say was... I.." 

"Miss Kim!" someone called from afar. "Miss Kim Soeun?" a resort staff called her. "Be right back!" she waved to Junho. 

"I just told her I that like her, and ask her to prepare herself and all she says is 'be right back'?! Fine then!" Junho stormed to himself. "Huh!"

Soeun came running towards him a few moments later, her eyes slightly swollen. And yet, she was still smiling.

"What?? Your... late father's friend?" he asked, after Soeun explained to him about meeting some ahjussi. 

"Yes! He was the one who sent me and my eonni to the US!" 

Junho still stared at her. Soeun cleared , deepening the voice, imitating the ahjussi. "I'm here to see you." Soeun gasped. "Oh! My voice was shaking and my eyes were filled with tears!" she wiped them with her sleeve. "Oh my God! So he still remembers me!" 

"Ay.. who cares. And you like it?" 

"Of course! He's someone who cares for me so much.."

"So.. What about us?" 

Soeun looked at him with a questioning look. 

"Us." Junho smirked. "The answer!"

"Ah... about me still working here?" 

"No!" 

Soeun was taken aback. She tightened her cashmere sweater. Junho pulled her into a slight embrace and whispered in her ears. The smell of his cologned intoxicated Soeun.. in a good way. "About me liking you." he whispered in her ears. 

"Ah.. about that.. umh.." 

"Right now!" Junho demanded. "Tell me right now." 

"Actually I.." Soeun gulped. "I don't feel anything." she lied. "I only had fights with you. Plus I don't really know anything about you. It's only been a short while since we first met!" 

Junho gritted his teeth. "I don't want to know anything about you either! Ok! Fine! Just forget it! I didn't really mean what I said, anyway!"

-------

Soeun spun in her seat on the concierge table. She didn't know why, but she felt like something was different. That something was not right today. Soeun checked her phone. Nothing. 

"Miss Kim?" her colleague called. "Is there something wrong? Are you sick anywhere?" Soeun shook her head. 

"Aniyo, I'm fine. Um Hyesun-ah.. have you seen Mr. Lee around?" 

"Young master? I thought you knew! He went back to Seoul earlier this morning. Why?" 

"When will he return back?"

"I'm not sure... I think he's going back for good. Are you worried that he'll give you a hard time?" 

Soeun started getting her stuff. "Hyesun-ah.. could you tell Miss Choi I'm calling in sick, today? I.. suddenly don't feel so good." 

"Arasso! Sure!" Hyesun smiled. 

Soeun stormed towards the small room she stayed at the resort. So he went back to Seoul, huh?! Just like that?! Soeun crashed on her bed without taking anything off. Fine then! Who cares about him, anyway. But... Soeun heaved a sigh. He should at least told me! Soeun shot up. 

"I don't want to know anything about you either! Ok! Fine! Just forget it! I didn't really mean what I said, anyway!"

Aish! "He says it's nothing.." she mumbled to herself. "What do I have to lose?" She nodded, agreeing to her words. She grabbed her phone and started typing. Andwae, andwae. Soeun erased. I don't want to sound desperate. 

-------

Junho chuckled to himself. Pabo. Chansung nudged him. "What's with you, man?" Junho hid his phone inside his pocket. 

"Nothing."

"So Junho.. did you find your dream girl just yet?" Junsu suddenly asked, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Yeah, you seem to be less on the prowl these days." Wooyoung added. 

"Something 'bout Busan changed you, man?" Taec asked, patting his friend's back. Junho chuckled, hiding a smile. 

"Maybe." he grinned. 

"For real?" Nichkhun asked seriously, sipping his glass of wine. "Your gaze does seem different.. like someone in love," he teased. 

"Yaaaaaaah...." they echoed. 

"Yah who said I was?!" Junho said, slightly pink in the cheeks. "We know, Lee Junho." they chorused.

"So! Who's the lucky girl, huh?" Junsu asked. 

"Don't tell us that she's from Busan?!" Wooyoung said. "I'm jealous if you say she is!" he shook his head. Nichkhun elbowed him in the ribs. 

"Whoa there, Wooyoung! Jieun's gonna kill you for this!" Wooyoung massaged the part where Khun hit him.

"Eish. I was just asking, okay?!"

Junho smiled shyly. "She is," 

"WHAT?!" Taec yelled. "You're crazy?? Not a Seoul girl? Damn!" he squeezed his fists onto his palm. "That's cool, dude! Congratulations!" he smiled, baring rows of huge, horse-like teeth.

"So how's she like... you know, in bed?" Chansung mischievously asked. The others stared at him and laughed before turning their attention back to Junho, too wondering. 

"So... how?" Junsu said. 

"I.. she's different from the other girls I've met. " Junho exclaimed. "I don't think she... you know. The type. She has this pure, fresh image."

"So you haven't even had your first kiss?! The heck?" Wooyoung shook his head in disbelief. 

"Hey, you could always take it slow." Khun smiled. "Take time to know each other, you know. No need to pressure." 

"Yah, thanks Khun. Guys." 

"So how did you meet her? Full story!" Chansung demanded. "Yah.. so the time I called you.." he gaped. 

"See..." Junho started, telling the guys on how he first met Soeun, how he purposefully made her become his personal maid, everything.. without leaving even the slightest of detail. The boys nodded and listened attentively to what their friend had to say. 

-------

Soeun sniffled hard under her blanket. Apparently she really got sick. Soeun rubbed her temple, and swallowed a Panadol. She checked her phone. The nerve of him! He didn't even reply. Soeun's head throbbed badly, but she couldn't bring herself to sleep. Soeun tossed, and turned. When is he coming back, anyway? Soeun sulked to herself and sniffled again. 

"Atch-oo!" she sneezed. "Aigoo..." she shook her head. Thank goodness she already told Hyesun about her sick leave, which ended being the truth. This is Junho's fault! Soeun was starting to doze off, courtesy of the quick effect of the Panadol she swallowed, when someone knocked on her door. 

"Soeun-ah!" 

Soeun sighed. "Come in," she said weakly. 

"Aigoo!" Hyesun squealed in horror. She put the huge bouquet of flowers on Soeun's side table and quickly rushed to check Soeun's temperature. 

"Let's go to the hospital, okay?" 

"Aniyo.. it's okay.." 

"Aigoo.." Hyesun went to dampen a towel and folded it neatly, putting it on Soeun's forehead. 

"Sorry for troubling you, Hyesun-ah." 

"No problem!" Hyesun smiled. "As long as you get better.. Ah! I almost forgot! Mr. Lee.. he asked me to send you those," she pointed at the flower bouquet. "He's so nice to you.. maybe he likes you!" Hyesun chirped. 

"Mwoya.." Soeun coughed. 

"You just rest, okay?" Hyesun made her way towards the door. "I'll tell Mr. Lee to come here as soon as possible!" before Soeun could stop her, Hyesun had already dissapeared. She sighed, glancing at the flowers before falling into a deep slumber. 

-------

Soeun stirred when she felt a slight pressure on her feet. Hyesun? Did she sleep here? She touched her clammy forehead. She felt so much better after that nap. Soeun nudged the figure beside her, then realizing that it wasn't Hyesun. 

"Ommaya!" she exclaimed in shock. Junho rubbed his eyes. "Oh, you're awake?" he asked gently, putting his hand on Soeun's forehead. 

"Are you alright?" 

She nodded. Somehow Soeun was touched by his concerned gesture. He seemed really sincere. "Why didn't you go to the hospital, hmm?" he continued. 

"I... yah." she said. 

"It's okay. Just rest. I'll be around if you need anything.. alright, Soeunnie?" Junho bent over and kissed her forehead. 

"Get well soon!" he went out. 

Soeun felt like her fever miraculously cured in a second, and blushed. Kim Soeun... seems like you're starting to fall for it. A kiss on the forehead and you melted? Soeun shook her head.