Deal or No Deal

The Last Song

Soeun's eyes fluttered open when daylight started to creep in. She rubbed her eyes, still feeling sleepy and let out a small yawn. She stared at the ceiling. Why does my back... Omo! Soeun shot up immeadiately. Junho groaned in his sleep. Ah! How did I even fall asleep?! She hit her head. Kim Soeun pabo! Omo! Did I... Did we... she checked if her clothes were still on, breathing a sigh of relief. No signs of ing anywhere. He even covered me with his jacket.. she blushed at the thought. No. No no no no no. I must get out of here before that jerk wakes up.. but how? Soeun tiptoed towards the door, trying to get it unlocked. She twisted the handle as tightly as she could, but no such luck. Aish! Her gaze caught the window above Junho. Window! Right!  Soeun slowly crept towards it, trying her best not to wake Junho up. It was a little on the high side, and Soeun had to stand on her toes. Almost there! She thought, trying to unhinge the bolt. Aigoo.. Why does this have to be so hard?! She glanced over to Junho, who seemed to show no signs of waking up.. or so she thought. Junho smiled in his 'sleep'. Let's see how far she'll get, he cheekily thought to himself. Think she's so smart? Junho stuck his foot out. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"  Soeun tripped, causing herself to fall chest-to-chest on top of Junho. 

"You really like these kind of skinships, don't you?" he said. Soeun quickly got up. "YOU!" she pointed her shaky finger at him, lips quivering with anger.

"Morning, sweetheart. Enjoyed your sleep?" he grinned. Soeun's chest heaved up and down. "You really are too much! Now get me out of here! ert!" 

Junho got up from his lying position. He rummaged his pockets for something before taking a slightly rusty-looking key out. He waved it in front of Soeun. 

"You mean you want... this?" 

"So you really DID plan this?! Mwoya?!?!! Are you some serial or something!?" she grimaced at her own words. Jumping, Soeun tried grabbing the key from Junho's hand. 

"Give..." she panted. "It... to... me!" 

"Not a chance."  Junho pretended to massage his legs. "Ouch.." he whined. "They really hurt. Like I said before, you really ARE heavy, Miss Personal Maid." Soeun's cheeks felt hot. 

"A... ani.." she stuttered. "I.. um... aah.. I just fell asleep! And.. it wasn't on your.. lap! I somehow.. um.. I don't know!" she defended. "And, I'm not heavy! By the way.. thanks for your jacket," she tried changing the subject. Phew! 

Junho cleared his throat loudly. "Anyways.." 

Soeun's stomach-growl interrupted him. She rolled her eyes at him. "Yah, look! All these nonsensical talk is making me hungry! Let me out!" Soeun banged on the door. 

"HEEEEEEEELP!" she yelled.

"Yah. keep it down, will you?!" He hissed. "You have three seconds to shut your mouth. Or else.."

"What?!" 

"Or else... I'll kiss you for real." 

"NEH?!" Soeun banged even harder. "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP" she ran towards the window, searching for an object to hit it with. Junho grabbed her arm. 

"So this is what you meant by Three Seconds, huh?!" Soeun glared. She stared in horror when Junho started laughing.

"Idiot!

"Yah." Junho said calmly after Soeun seemed to cool down. She bit her lip, staring at him.

"What?" 

"Let's get out." 

Soeun made a look as if to say, "For real?" 

"But.."

Soeun sighed. "But what?" 

"Keep serving me during my stay," he said. The look in his eyes made Soeun turn away

"Neh? Serving?" she then asked, her eyes round, then angry. "Why so slave-like?! If you could at least ask properly... hmph!" she huffed. Junho's expression didn't change.

"Wh... why me?" 

"Aren't you the only volunteer on this resort?" he raised his eyebrow. Duh. It took Soeun a moment to realize before nodding slowly.

"Okay. Fine. On one condition." 

"Mm." Yes! 

"Stop... acting like that." 

"Like what?" 

"A ert." 

Junho chuckled, crossing his arms. "You can't blame me... I'm a man, after all." 

"Fine!" she proceeded to bang on the door again, twisting the knob aggressively.

"Are you threatening me now, Miss Personal Maid? Do you honestly think people can hear you from here? Are you really going to bang that iron door all day?" 

Soeun thought for a while. Crafty, this jerk. Knows when to take chances. Aish! 

"Arasso, arasso." she gave up, raising both her hands. "I give up. I'll do whatever you please... except for you-know-what. Now open the door." 

"Promise?" 

"Mm."

"What if you break it?" 

"Do I look like a kid to you, Mr. Lee?" 

"Follow after me then. I, Miss Personal Maid, pledge to serve Mr. Lee Junho for as long as he stays here on this resort." 

"I, Miss..." Soeun hesitated. "Personal.. Maid.. pledge, ugh to serve Mr. Lee.. what? for as long as he stays here on this resort." She repeated. Jun.. ho? 

"Close enough." 

Junho went forward. "By the way, smarty pants.." he grinned. "The door doesn't even have a keyhole, if you notice." he pointed at the rusty doorknob. "All you needed was to..." he unlatched the top. "Pull this." the door creaked open easily. 

Soeun gritted her teeth in anger. "After all this while?!" 

"Aren't you going to come out?" he smiled in victory. 

"Ah, jeongmal! Really!" 

"A deal's a deal. I just don't do unprofessional work." 

"Michyeosseo!" 

Junho clucked his tongue, shaking his head. "I might have to get the board to fire you if you keep on saying harsh words to me." 

Soeun sighed. "I apologize for my intolerable rudeness, Mr. Lee." she said flatly. 

"A deal.. is a deal."

"Stop saying that. I get it. Geez.