Sleeping Beauty?

The Last Song

Soeun snapped her eyes shut, leaving the worst to happen as the intoxicating smell of Junho's cologne suffocated her. 1... 2... 

"HAHAHA!" Junho clapped, backing off. "The expression on your face was freaking priceless!" he maniacally laughed till tears rolled down his cheeks. He banged the wall hard, trying to contain his laughter, but couldn't. Soeun's eyes literally bulged out of their sockets after getting the chance to breathe properly.

"What the...?!" she yelled. "What was THAT?!" 

"You were scared to death!" Junho laughed. "What did you think I was doing?!" 

"YAH! Aish!" Soeun ran forward to hit him. She didn't care. But Junho's swift moved kept her back in position. He gripped her wrist. Hard. 

"One more step and I'll do it for real," he warned. 

"Do what? THAT?" Soeun clenched her teeth. The moonlight shone on Junho's face, showing his handsome features. Soeun slumped on the floor. Junho tilted his head. 

"Hey personal maid.. you okay?" it was his turn to worry. He honestly didn't mean to hurt her that way. She seemed like the type who wouldn't just break down easily. 

"What do you mean, okay?" she sobbed. "Does this look okay to you? We're stuck here! No.. I'm stuck here! And! If.. if people don't find us I'll..." she stopped in horror. "I don't want to sleep anywhere near.. you!" she wailed.

Junho flashed his evil grin. "Yah... you're really a girl, after all." he said. Soeun looked really pretty when she cried. Her usual hard expression felt more.. approachable. But no, he couldn't give up his master plan just yet. 

"Oi, get up!" he demanded. "You look ugly when you cry. Stop it." Soeun dried her tears. "Mwoya! Why?!" 

"Because I'm asking you to." he said coldly.

"Tsk. Bipolar so-called-Three-Seconds. Three Seconds my foot!" 

"What did you say?" 

"Why the heck do ladies fall for you, anyway?" Soeun suddenly asked in the dark. 

"Easy."  Junho posed arrogantly. Soeun stared in confusion, giving him a questioning look. "Umm?" Junho raised his eyebrow. "Because, I am a Lee." 

"So..?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he grinned. "I'm rich. Handsome. I have talent. I'm suave, charming, romantic..." Soeun let him drone on, covering her ears.

"... and I'm obviously modest, of course." Soeun rolled her eyes. "Ah, yeh, yeh. Very modest." the pit-a-pat of raindrops started soaking the window panes of the wooden hut. 

"Ah.. it's raining," Soeun smiled, gazing out the window. She had always found a sense of calamity whenever it rains.. and she certainly needed to calm down. Junho just stared, settling himself beside her. Soeun ignored. 

"You know..." he started, his expression mischievous. 

"What, now?" 

"Like in dramas.." 

"Mmhm." 

"They usually make love in the rain."

"Mworago?!" Soeun gave him a disgusted look. "Are you talking about , or dramas?!" she paused. "Byuntae! ert!" she slided a few inches from him, but did not leave her spot. The rain was a perfect distraction to her.  Junho tucked her hair behind her ear. 

"Yeppeo. You look pretty when you're angry," he suddenly said. Honest. 

"Yah!" she brushed his hand away. Thump.. thump. The feeling again. Aish!

A sudden rumble of thunder startled Soeun. She naturally grabbed Junho's arm. He smiled, but kept quiet. Soeun quickly let go. 

"Sorry.." she apologized. "I... I'm really not fond of loud noises." noticing his trying-hard-not-to-smile-look, she added, "Don't get the wrong idea!"

He raised his eyebrow. "Do you think I'm actually that cheap?"

"You seemed to enjoy it." 

"From you?" he shook his head. "Not one bit." the thunder rumbled again. Soeun trembled in her spot. 

"Hold it." he said in the same tone like at the beach party. Soeun looked wary. His expression seemed sincere, but his tone...  Soeun automatically grabbed it without hesitation when a spark of lightning flashed before their very eyes. It was kilometres away, but she thought it felt near. 

"Ah!" she squealed, clamping her eyes shut. Junho naturally wrapped his other arm around her. Soeun's body stiffened. She swallowed. 

"Mr. Lee.... omona!" another flash of lightning, followed by a sharp, loud clap of thunder scared Soeun. She buried her face in his chest. Junho wanted to laugh, but he secretly enjoyed it. He kept his position. It was so hard to keep a straight face with Soeun's delicate floral scent. So.. seductive. The light pressure of her body made his heart race.

"Yah.. this feels nice," he whispered. Soen brushed stray strands of hair from her face, blushing. This is the most skinship she ever experienced her entire life. "Shut up," she whimpered. After about half an hour, Soeun started to doze off, her head leaning on his shoulder. Her white, almost pale complexion glowed in the moonlight. From the dim light, Junho could see that she has really long eyelashes. Her pink lips seemed more vivid, though it was clear she didn't have any lipstick on. Heck, she doesn't even have makeup on, he thought. How can someone be so naturally beautiful? Junho tried shaking the thought off, but in this position.. to no avail. She looked really peaceful when sleeping compared to when she was awake. He gently placed her head on his lap, covering her bare legs with his jacket, before he too doze of in a slumber. The rain kept on falling, slowly graduating to a stop, until the presence of sunlight appeared above the horizon, indicating sunrise.