Patters

The Last Song

Soeun stared blankly at the ceiling of her bedroom, tossing and turning on her bed. Was it... did I.. really miss him? she thought for a while. The voices in her head argued. 

Go ahead. You know you want.

What do I want?

Oh stop playing coy, Soeun. YOU KNOW. 

I don't.....

You do. 

Soeun sighed.

What do I do now, then? 

Just tell him you like him, Kim Soeun. 

But I don't..

You do. 

I...'ll do it. I'll tell him.

Soeun nodded to herself. She sat upright and scanned her bookshelf. Nothing seemed of interest. She checked the clock on her wall and lied down. 2pm... 

"Well.. I'll wait for you until you change your mind. I have until..." he checked his watch. "... 4 o' clock. Or else.. it's goodbye." 

-------

Soeun shot immediately thanks to the bleeping alarm of her cellphone, after what felt like a good 15-minute nap. Her eyes widened in shock. It was already dark outside. Soeun checked the time. 7.30 pm. 7.30 pm...

7.30pm?! 

Soeun was alarmed. Junho's voice suddenly echoed in her head. 

"Well.. I'll wait for you until you change your mind. I have until..." he checked his watch. "... 4 o' clock. Or else.. it's goodbye." 

Soeun gasped, putting her hand over . I just remembered! Kim Soeun pabo! Soeun hit her pillow furiously. Pouting doesn't change anything, does it? she whined to herself. Aissssssh! 

-------

"Mr. Lee?" the chauffeur asked anxiously. "Do you still want to wait? It's 8.30 already. We've waited for hours. I'm sure your mother will be..."

"Just go." 

"Are you sure?" the driver checked his rear view mirror. The young master's expression seemed dark, not pleased and if he got it right... a little dissapointed. But what for? 

"May I please ask you why......" 

"Drive!" Junho barked. 

"Ah-- ye-- yes young master Lee." the chauffeur answered timidly. Somehow he felt sorry for the young lad sighing heavily at the lush leather backseats of the Lees' luxurious sedan. Whatever.. whoever made him wait must've really dissappointed him. He glanced again. Junho was already fast asleep. 

-------

Soeun walked slowly, still mumbling to herself about how much of a big fool she was when a sudden flash of bright car headlights hit her. She covered her eyes and moved away, glancing at the dark tinted windows of the Bentley. Whoever it is, must be someone important, she thought. A lot of high-class people stay on this resort, anyway. People like.. Junho. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tell him about how I really feel. Who am I compared to him, anyway. I'm just not.. one of 'those' people. He'll forget me by the time he reaches Seoul. Soeun continued walking sadly into the night.