Who's Jino?

Heaven's Boys

 

Heaven’s Boys Chapter 6

 

“Kai, are you ready to go? Ga-ja!” Kyungsoo called out.

 

Jongin had just finished tying the shoelaces of his high cut sneakers. His eyes were a little droopy.

 

Kyungsoo quickly slipped into his pair of sneakers. “Kai are you okay? You look sleepy. You can take a short nap and we can always go shopping later.”

 

“I’m alright. I always look tired. I’m the kind who needs a lot of sleep.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

They left by the back of the building and walked down the stairs. “Kai, remind me to make a set of keys for you before we return.”

 

Jongin nodded.

 

“We usually use the back door when the place is closed. We only use the club’s front entrance when it is opened for business or during the nights. It’s not safe using the back lane at night,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Oh?”

 

“I’m not going to say life is all rosy and without problems. But there are probably many gay-bashers out there that might want to attack us. And when they get drunk it becomes worse.”

 

“Oh!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “So we usually go out in pairs or more if we have to go out at night. Even then…”

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

 

“Is society that homophobic?” Jongin could not help but ask. “I thought Seoul would be much better.”

 

“Even though there are some people who can accept us, there are those who can’t accept us. Some of us have been beaten up before though none of us here have been beaten up in recent years,” Kyungsoo breathed in relief. “And I’m grateful for that.”

 

Jongin nodded.

 

By then they have reached downstairs.

 

“Come on I’ll show you where the nearest bus stop and underground station is.”

 

……

 

Chanyeol was sitting on his bed, strumming his guitar and singing the song Crush from B1A4’s Sandeul in his deep voice.   

 

꽤오래된것만같아
널몰래좋아했던나
혹시나들킬까봐마음졸이며
말을할까말까혼자고민을해

 

내맘을알고있을까
모른척하고있을까
적당히튕기다가못이기는척

내맘받아줘그럼안될까

 

내사랑아내사랑아
이젠내게맘을열어줘부탁해
기다림에지쳐버려서
힘들어주저앉지않게

내손잡아줘

 

너무사랑하니까
너무좋아하니까
외면하지말아줘
이젠내맘받아줘
행복하게해줄게영원히
함께하고싶어
내게와주면안되니

 

내사랑아내사랑아
이젠내게맘을열어줘부탁해
내목숨보다소중한사람
사랑해이세상끝까지

함께해줄래

 

Chanyeol was so engrossed in his song that he did not notice a figure leaning against the bedroom door watching him intensely.

 

Chanyeol sighed when he was done as he set the guitar next to his pillow.

 

“Looks like someone is feeling pretty sentimental and emotional,” a voice said.

 

“Uh. Baekhyun,” Chanyeol muttered in embarrassment as he lifted his head and noticed his crush roommate in the room.

 

Baekhyun sauntered over to Chanyeol and plopped himself down next to Chanyeol.

 

“Channie, mianhae.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“For being so careless and not telling you about my date.”

 

Chanyeol forced a bitter smile. “It’s okay. I’m over it. Besides I was wrong not to tell you about being cast in the SNSD MV.”

 

Baekhyun then turned and hugged Chanyeol and then released him. “You’re the best.”

 

“I know.”

 

“So will you help pick out my clothes for Saturday’s date?”

 

Chanyeol winced inwardly but he smiled forcibly. However Baekhyun could not tell that Chanyeol was faking a smile.

 

“Alright,” Chanyeol said. “Remember to wear eyeliner. You look smouldering and y in eyeliner.”

 

“Really? You’re not trying to sabotage me are you?”

 

“Why would I? You can ask Joon-myun hyung or Sehun or Kyungsoo if they think you look in eyeliner.”

 

“Mianhae. Silly me. Why would Channie want to sabotage my date right? Channie is my best friend and wants me to be happy.”

 

Chanyeol could only nod.

 

“I’m so thankful for you, do you know that?” Baekhyun asked as he hugged Chanyeol again.

 

……

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin arrived in the Dongdaemun area.

 

“Kyuhyun-appa had given me about one hundred and sixty thousand won to spend on your clothes. Any idea what you want to get?”

 

“Probably three of four tops and two pairs of bottoms.”

 

The two boys browsed through the racks of clothes with Jongin taking a piece of clothing and placed it against him while glancing at the mirror.

 

“Hyung, how do you think I look?” Jongin asked. “Good?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin’s reflection in the mirror and nodded his head.  

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo saw another boy’s reflection in the mirror. It was of this angelic looking boy with a shy smile.

 

“Soo how do I look?” the boy seemed to ask.

 

But Kyungsoo knew that was his imagination.

 

“If I get another t-shirt can you give me a discount?” Jongin haggled.

 

In Kyungsoo’s mind, he started to see those images of his past – of those times when he came to Dongdaemun to shop with the angelic looking boy. That boy named Jinho or Jino as he preferred to be called had a habit of bargaining with the shopkeepers or sales assistants.

 

Meanwhile Jongin managed to get a discount out from the salesperson and he smiled triumphantly. Kyungsoo tried to shake off Jongin’s smile as he kept seeing the image of Jino in Jongin although both of them looked vastly different.

 

“Hyung where shall we go to next?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo.

 

“Soo, where shall we go to next?”

 

“Wherever you want,” Kyungsoo replied without thinking.

 

“I want to go get a pair of jeans and sweatpants. Let’s go to another building.”

 

Kyungsoo quietly followed Jongin without uttering a word. Kyungsoo could still remember those days when he would go shopping with Jino during the weekends. Those memories were still fresh in his mind.

 

“Hyung I want a snack. Do you want anything?” Jongin asked.

 

“Soo I’m hungry. I want to get something to eat. Do you want anything babe?” a melodious voiced asked Kyungsoo as the owner of the voice smiled shyly.

 

“Sure. I’m fine with anything,” Kyungsoo replied. He was a little spaced out.

 

Jongin bought two hot dogs covered with fries and handed one to Kyungsoo. Jongin started to take big bites out of his snack as Kyungsoo only managed small nibbles. This caused the side of Jongin’s lips to be stained by the sauce.

 

“Jino hyung, we’re not in a hurry. Why do you have to wolf down your food so fast? Look at you! You’ve got sauce all over your mouth.”

 

Kyungsoo would then use a tissue to wipe the stains off Jino’s mouth. As a natural reaction also in part due to his penchant for tidiness, Kyungsoo took out a tissue paper and started to dab Jongin’s lips which startled the latter.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Don’t move,” Kyungsoo commanded as he continued to clean the sides of Jongin’s mouth. “Such a baby.”

 

Jongin blushed.

 

Satisfied that Jongin was now clean, they moved on with Kyungsoo still munching pensively on his snack.

 

They went into another mall where Jongin picked up a pair of jeans and a pair of sweatpants. He also picked out a shirt and sleeveless t-shirt.

 

Kyungsoo was lost in his own world.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Jongin waved his hands in front of Kyungsoo.

 

“I’m done with my shopping. Come on, let’s go shop for your groceries and get me a set of keys,” Jongin said.

 

“Ne.”

 

As they walked through the bustling crowd, Kyungsoo froze all of a sudden. Jongin who was walking next to Kyungsoo suddenly realised that Kyungsoo was not by his side.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Jongin turned round and noticed that Kyungsoo was rooted to a spot. Jongin turned round and jogged towards Kyungsoo.

 

“Hyung, is there anything wrong with you?”

 

But Kyungsoo did not respond to Jongin as he was mumbling. Jongin could make out the faint mumbles. He heard the word or name called “Jino”.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!”

 

“Kai, can you wait here for a while? I’ll be back shortly.”

 

Jongin nodded.

 

Jongin could swear that he heard Kyungsoo mutter the word “Jino” before he disappeared into the crowd.

 

Jongin made a mental note to ask one of the guys about who or what is Jino, and how is this person or thing related to Kyungsoo.

 

There were tears in Kyungsoo’s eyes as he made his way through the crowd in Dongdaemun.

 

He thought he had seen someone looking like Jino in the crowd – that same angelic boyish looking face – the same awkward look that he had with him.

 

Kyungsoo was certain he had seen Jino.

 

He swung his head from left to right hoping to catch a glimpse of the figure. He hastened his pace as his eyes darted like a hawk in search of Jino.

 

And then Kyungsoo realised that it was all in his imagination. Jino could never possibly appear again.

 

About 20 minutes had passed since Kyungsoo left. As he took a sip of a drink which he had bought, Jongin started to get worried. Kyungsoo was behaving rather strangely. Jongin had an urge to search for Kyungsoo but he remembered Kyungsoo asking him to stay put. So he decided to remain where he was so at least Kyungsoo would be able to find him. It was not after he spotted a hunched dejected figure dawdling towards him (Jongin).

 

“Kai, let’s go get the groceries and go home.”

 

Jongin wanted to ask Kyungsoo what had happened but decided to hold back. Instead he nodded his head.

 

……

 

The rest of their outing was a silent affair. Kyungsoo became all quiet and withdrawn. He got the extra set of keys made for Jongin and went about shopping for the groceries dutifully with the list he had in his hand as Jongin pushed the cart next to him.

 

……

 

“We’re back,” Kyungsoo said rather listlessly as he and Jongin entered the home with bags in their hand.

 

Joon-myun and Baekhyun who were just relaxing in the living room sprung to their feet and helped Kyungsoo and Jongin with their bags.

 

“So how was shopping?” Joon-myun asked both Kyungsoo and Jongin.

 

“Fine,” Kyungsoo replied monotonously. 

 

“It was great!”

 

Jongin’s cheerful was a stark contrast to Kyungsoo’s rather gloomy attitude.

 

Joon-myun and Jongin brought the things into the kitchen and they headed out to the living room leaving Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in the kitchen to unpack the groceries.

 

“Kai, what happened to Kyungsoo? He looks rather…” Joon-myun asked.

 

Before Joon-myun could finish his question, Jongin had cut in, “I know. He looks rather despondent.”

 

“I know that. But what happened?” Joon-myun pressed on.

 

Jongin shook his head. “I really have no idea. We were shopping for my clothes when he suddenly just spaced out.”

 

Joon-myun looked extremely worried and concerned.

 

“Something is definitely up,” Jongin thought to himself. He was unsure if he should bring up Jino. Would that be a possible landmine?

 

“And what happened?” Joon-myun continued to ask.

 

“We were walking together when hyung suddenly stopped in his tracks. He asked me to stay where I was as he went off. He came back after 20 minutes or so and he has been looking miserable since.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Who or what is Jino?” Jongin popped the question.

 

Jongin’s question caught Joon-myun by surprise. “Could you repeat yourself?”

 

“Jino. Who or what is Jino?”

 

“How did you hear of this name?” Joon-myun exclaimed.

 

“I heard Kyungsoo muttering this name under his breath.”

 

“Damn it!” Joon-myun exclaimed. “No wonder he’s acting like this?”

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jongin asked worriedly. “Is there something I should be aware of?”

 

“I’ll fill you in the details later. Let me go check on Kyungsoo. Crap. I need to open the place for business in five minutes.”

 

“Do you need my help with anything hyung?”

 

“It’s alright.”

 

Joon-myun got up from his seat and marched into the kitchen.

 

“So who’s Jino?” Jongin wondered to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for taking so long to update this. Been having the flu for a few days and the lethargy slows down my brain process and makes it harder for me to work. 

I might be interrupting this story for a special KyuMin one shot for some special reason. And I'm thinking on writing a Baekyeol centric love story as well. But if I work on the Baekyeol fanfic, updates for each story would probably be once weekly or updates might be longer. Anyway I'm still in the plotting for the story stages. 

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy the Baekyeol moments in this chapter. Poor Chanyeol. It's tough to love someone who's so clueless. I hope you guys will find Sandeul's Crush a suitable song for this scene.

And we get a little peak into Kyungsoo's mind. Jino...who's Jino...who is he and why is he affected Kyungsoo badly? Share your guesses and thoughts. Why is Joon-myun getting so worried over Kyungsoo? What problems does Kyungsoo have?

Anyway Jino in real life is/was an SM-trainee. He debuted with SM The Ballad. Does this ring a bell?

Please remember to leave me your comments. Really appreciate it very much.

And if you have yet to subscribe, please subscribe to this story. Please :)

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)