Getting Lu Han back

Heaven's Boys

 

As the crowd of mourners streamed out from the crematorium into the light drizzle, Sehun spotted Yixing in the midst. He shouted out to Yixing, waving his hands frantically at the Chinese male, and rushed over to Yixing’s side.

 

“Yixing-ssi, thanks for coming even though you and Joon-myun hyung are…”

 

Sehun halted mid-sentence when he realised that he had mentioned something that he ought not to say.

 

“That’s alright,” Yixing smiled awkwardly. “My condolences.”

 

“Thank you.” Pausing for a moment, Sehun then prodded, “Where’s Lu Han? Isn’t he around? Didn’t he come?”

 

“Don’t you know?” Yixing asked.

 

“Know what?”

 

“You mean he didn’t mention a word to you?” Yixing quizzed, feeling perplexed.

 

By now, Sehun was getting a little anxious. “What do you mean? What’s going on? What am I supposed to know?”

 

“He’s returning to Beijing,” Yixing replied and then looked as his watch. “He wanted to come for the funeral but his flight is in about two hours. He was worried that he would be unable to make it.”

 

“Lu Han is returning to China?” Sehun’s eyes widened in shock.

 

Yixing nodded. “His flight is from Gimpo, I think.”

 

“Thanks so much Yixing,” Sehun said as he hurried off.  

 

Sehun managed to catch a cab soon after. Along the way, he begged the driver to drive a little faster. Sehun felt jumpy and shifted about in his seat all the while checking on his watch along the way.

 

Fortunately for him, he arrived at the airport about 60 minutes before Lu Han’s scheduled flight. He prayed hard that Lu Han wouldn’t pass through immigration yet. Sehun raced through the departure level of the international hall scanning the surroundings for Lu Han, but there was no luck.

 

As he paused to catch his breath, he cursed, “Did Yixing remember the correct airport and timing? I should have asked for the flight number. Don’t tell me Lu Han has already passed through immigration.”

 

He quickly dashed to the nearest flight information display monitor. There was a flight departing for Beijing. Lu Han has to be on the flight. He decided to make a way to the check-in counter to check if Lu Han is indeed on that flight. Maybe he might get lucky and be able to get the airport staff to get hold of Lu Han for him.

 

Just as he was about to run towards the counter, he spotted Lu Han in the distance or at least what he thought was Lu Han’s back. The fluffy hair and thin silhouette was unmistakably Lu Han’s. And of course Lu Han’s favourite colourful backpack which he carried everywhere with him was unmistakable.

 

Sehun sprinted towards where Lu Han was, shouting out for Lu Han’s name and flailing his hands to get his attention. This attracted several curious stares from onlookers. Meanwhile Lu Han had started to move. Sehun grew more anxious. He didn’t notice a luggage bag in front of his path and he tripped over it and fell with his face flat on the ground inviting a small crowd to gather around him.

 

“Ouch!” he groaned as a wave of pain rippled through his body while he remained motionless for a few moments.

 

“Aish,” Sehun cursed with his face downwards as he tried to pick himself up. “You clumsy idiot. You’ll probably miss Lu Han now. Damn it, Sehun, damn it!”

 

Just then he felt someone tap him on his shoulder and then grabbing his hand. Without looking up, Sehun took the extended hand in return and muttered his thanks with a tinge of embarrassment. When he finally looked up, he stuttered in surprise, “Lu…Lu…Lu…Han…Han…”

 

Lu Han was crouching. He was pouting and blinking his eyes at the same time. “Why are you here?” 

 

“Ga-jima. Nan tteona-jima, jebal,” Sehun pleaded as he clung onto Lu Han’s hand tightly.   

 

“I have to go, Sehun. I’m sorry. My family needs me,” Lu Han apologised softly.             

 

“What about me? I need you too. I love you Lu Han. Didn’t you promise that you would be responsible to me to the very end? So be responsible to me.” Sehun half begged, half commanded.

 

“Sehun…I…really need to go back to Beijing. My flight is leaving soon.”

 

“Andwae, I can’t let you go. Naega pil-yo-hae,” Sehun implored. “Jal-mothae-seo. I was childish. I was silly. I never treasured you. I wasn’t contented enough. I am greedy and materialistic. I didn’t know love. I’m sorry for hurting your feelings. I would change. I promise you that I would change to be better. I would not flirt with other guys this time. I would learn to treasure you. I would learn to be contented with that I have. I love you Lu Han. I had to lose you to realise this.”

 

“Sehun-ah…”

 

“Please give me one last chance,” Sehun requested.

 

“I really need…”

 

“I’ll do the gwiyomi player for you,” Sehun offered.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Lu Han started to feel embarrass but Sehun pressed on with his performance of the gwiyomi player complete with all the hand movements.  

 

“Il deo ha gi il-eun gwiyomi; ee deo ha gi ee-eun gwiyomi; sam deo ha gi sam-eun gwiyomi; sa deo ha gi sa eun gwiyomi; oh deo ha gi oh-eun gwiyomi; yuk deo ha gi yuk-eun… gwiyomi.”

 

1더하기 1은 귀요미; 2더하기 2는 귀요미3더하기; 3은 귀요미 4더하기; 4는 귀요미;5더하기 5는 귀요미 6더하기 6은 쪽쪽쪽쪽쪽쪽 귀요미 [Click here to see Sehun's gwiyomi]

 

But Lu Han seemed unmoved and impatient to go off.

 

Feeling alarmed, Sehun asked, “Isn’t this enough? You know I hate doing cute stuff…”

 

“Sehun-ah, acting cute isn’t going to change anything,” Lu Han sighed.

 

Sehun then quickly reached for his bag and took out his tablet. Luckily it wasn’t damaged from his fall. He searched for a file, tapped on the screen, and shoved the tablet into Lu Han’s hands. “See this. I did this after you left me. You left me once. Please don’t leave me a second time. Please don’t leave me for good.”

 

It was three minute long animation containing certain highlights on how both of them met and had gotten together.

 

The drawings of Sehun and himself were lifelike and done extremely professionally, Lu Han thought to himself.   

 

“It’s still unfinished,” Sehun said. “So you mustn’t leave. Then you’ll get to see the ending.” 

 

“Sehun-ah, we’ll talk when I return. I have to go now,” Lu Han smiled as he returned the tablet to Sehun.

 

Sehun quickly got up from the ground to chase after Lu Han as tears began to fall from his eyes “Lu Han…”

 

And then he realised what Lu Han had just told him. Sehun grabbed Lu Han’s hand and asked, “Aren’t you leaving for good?”

 

“I’m not. My grandma is ill. I’m going back to visit her. And then I have some work matters to see to. I’ll be back in about a week’s time,” Lu Han said. “What makes you think I’m returning for good?”

 

“Yixing-ssi said you were leaving for Beijing,” Sehun said. Suddenly, Sehun realised that he had jumped to conclusions. 

 

Wait a minute. You thought I was leaving for good so that you came to the airport to say all those stuff to me. So if you didn’t think I wasn’t leaving for…”

 

But before Lu Han could finish his sentence, Sehun gave him a tight hug. “It’s not that. I love you. I really love you. And this is why I’m here. I want to be honest to you and to myself. So please give me a chance, give us a chance, will you?” 

 

And Lu Han whispered into Sehun, “Fine. Oh Sehun, I give you one last chance because I love you too.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you guys like this chapter after all the angst in the last few chapters or so. And at least it seems that Lu Han and Sehun might have their happy ending after all. Did you like Sehun's gwiyomi? 

Thanks for all the up-votes, comments, criticism, questions, and subscriptions. Please continue to do so. 

As to why I killed Chanyeol - for Baekhyun to grow some b****. For people to realise life is fragile and precious and it can get cut short tragically. What kind of ending would Baekhyun get? I guess you would all have to read on to find out.

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)