Hell in Heaven

Heaven's Boys

Before I go update, I have just started a new KyuMin fan-fic titled KyuMin: Heartbeat. I have only updated the desription and foreward. Do show you support and check it out. Thanks. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sehun, Seyong, Chaejin and some of the other servers huddled and sobbed.

 

Kyungsoo was wailing for both Jongin and Joon-myun as Baekhyun and Eunhyuk tried their best to fight their own tears to hold him back and comfort him.

 

“Kai! I shouldn’t have let you take out the trash! I was wrong! It was my fault! I’m sorry! I killed you!” Kyungsoo howled.

 

“Joon-myun hyung! I’m sorry. I’m so sorry! I’m sorry for hurting your feelings! You promised that you would come back safely! Why?”

 

“I’m a killer! I killed Jino! I killed Kai! I killed Joon-myun. I should be the one to be caught in the fire. I should be the one to die! Why them?” Kyungsoo bawled.

 

Kyungsoo broke free from Baekhyun and Eunhyuk and charged for the wall. Alarmed, Baekhyun and Eunhyuk dashed forward, and caught hold of Kyungsoo before he could hurt himself.

 

“Let me die! Let me die!” Kyungsoo convulsed before he collapsed on the floor.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, it’s not fault. Stop blaming yourself. It was an accident. Anyway Joon-myun and Kai are still alive,” Eunhyuk comforted.

 

“I killed them. I killed them. I killed them,” Kyungsoo recited like a mantra.

 

Just then Yesung and Ryeowook arrived at the hospital.

 

“How are things?” Ryeowook enquired.

 

“Not good, Kyungsoo is agitated,” Baekhyun replied. “He keeps blaming himself and is starting to bring up Jino.”

 

“I think it’s best to get him sedated,” Yesung suggested. “I’ll go talk to a doctor.”

 

Sungmin grieved as his body hunched as he rested his palms on the glass window of the intensive care unit where Joon-myun was. In the unit next door was Jongin. Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin from behind and nuzzled him. Sungmin turned his head to face Kyuhyun and nestled his head in Kyuhyun’s chest. 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” he looked up with teary eyes. “I was wrong. I should have listened to you.”

 

Just then Woohyun and Sunggyu came by the hospital. “Appa, umma,” they greeted.

 

“How are things back there?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“The police have cordoned off the club. They’re going to start their investigations. From what they told me, they suspect that this might be a case of intentional arson,” Sunggyu informed.

 

Sungmin trembled as he heard the news.

 

“Come on, let’s take a seat first and you can tell me more,” Kyuhyun motioned them to head for the benches nearby. He then led his lover to the bench and sat him down.

 

“The back of the club, the kitchen and the office are badly burnt. It would need extensive repair and renovation,” Sunggyu continued. “Fortunately the dance floor, bar, lounge and bar areas while affected and blackened by soot, didn’t suffer much damage. The upstairs and residential area isn’t affected. The exterior is all blackened. Anyway there will be inspections of the place to determine the safety and structural integrity of the club. You might be able to retrieve your important documents but you won’t be able to live there for a while.”

 

Sungmin gaped in shock and turned to look at Kyuhyun.

 

“Appa, umma, you guys and Baekhyun can come live us,” Woohyun offered. “We’ll try to make arrangements for the rest of the guys.”

 

“Thanks, we appreciate it,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin whimpered, “This is all wrong. It shouldn’t be like this. Was I wrong? No, I was wrong. I should have listened to you back then. I shouldn’t have set up Heaven. You’re the smart one. You knew better. This is my fault. If not because of me, Chanyeol wouldn’t have come to Heaven and died. Baekhyun wouldn’t be this upset. Kai and Joon-myun wouldn’t be injured possibly due to some gay hate crime.”

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun knelt on the ground and gripped Sungmin’s hand, “Umma, this isn’t your fault.”

 

“Without you or Heaven, we wouldn’t have had a place to go when our parents deserted us,” Woohyun sniffed.

 

“Maybe I should just close Heaven down. What do you think Kyuhyun-ah?” Sungmin sighed.

 

“Umma!” the two boys exclaimed.

    

“Minnie,” Kyuhyun burst out.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m tired.” Sungmin wept. “I thought that I could have made a difference. I thought that I could give outcasts like us a safe place to call home. But it doesn’t matter one bit. First Donghae, then Chanyeol, now Kai and Joon-myun. We’re still hated for what we are and who we are. This whole thing is a pipe dream...”

 

Sungmin trickled off and buried his face in the palm of his hands.

 

“Minnie…”

 

“Go ahead, laugh at me for being a fool,” Sungmin blubbered. “I know you’ve been waiting for this day to say ‘I told you so’.”

 

Kyuhyun knelt with one knee on ground, gently moved Sungmin hands away from his face and gazed lovingly at his partner. “Minnie, I love you. And I love you because you have a big, kind and generous heart.”

 

Kyuhyun paused for a bit, “Yes, I was, have been, and still am cynical about this whole Heaven idea, but that’s just me, always the cynic speaking. I know how much you love the boys, even more than the business. You would listen to their problems, let them cry on you, made sure they had the best education they could get or wanted, protected them from harm and insults. You gave them a home when their parents turned their backs on them. You gave me a home, a family. I love this about you, so please don’t give up. You didn’t give up on me. So don’t give up your dreams. Because giving up like this isn’t the Lee Sungmin I know.”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin whispered.

 

“Minnie, I love and believe in you,” Kyuhyun encouraged. “And that is why I came onboard this crazy plan of yours. If it was someone else, I would have just scoffed at it and walked away.”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin was now reduced to tears. “I didn’t know…I thought…”

 

“That I hated it?” Kyuhyun smiled. “I did. But seeing Woohyun, Sunggyu, Himchan, Joon-myun and the rest of the boys able to grow up with love and security, to become good people, I guess I don’t hate it. Look at Joon-myun, we taught him well. He risked his life to save his brother even though they’re unrelated. And Chanyeol, yes he died tragically and he died young. But would he have been better off if he had never met us? Would he have not been subjected to the same torture and anguish if he had continued to live with his parents? And Kai…Kai would probably have to drop out of school and find work. He wouldn’t be able to pursue dance. And our guests, they are allowed to be themselves just for that few hours a night. You did a lot of good with Heaven. And this club…it helped Eunhyuk too with his grief. It gave him a new purpose in life. Minnie-ah, he’s onboard with your cause…our cause.”

 

“So Minnie, you can’t stop,” Kyuhyun continued.

 

“Ne, umma, you can’t stop,” Woohyun added.

 

“Umma, without this place I wouldn’t have been able to go to school, and to do well in life. Without Heaven, I wouldn’t have met this greasy person by the nickname of Namu. So you can’t stop. Not when there’re so many boys out there facing discrimination like us and have been turned away by our families,” Sunggyu chimed in.

 

“I really don’t know Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

“Why don’t you take a short break? The club has to be closed for repair. It could use a revamp at the same time,” Kyuhyun suggested.

 

“Do you think I should carry on?” Sungmin wondered aloud.

 

“Don’t give up,” Woohyun said. “Haters will always hate us. People will still discriminate against us no matter what whether Heaven exists or disappears.”

 

“I agree.”

 

“Don’t give up, boss.”

 

It was Seyong who piped in as he heard the conversation. “We like working in Heaven. If you have to close the club for a few months, we don’t mind. We’ll return to work when it reopens.”

 

“Umma, don’t give up,” Sehun pleaded. “I promise I won’t flirt with the older guests.”

 

Sungmin broke down in tears of happiness as he heard those encouraging words. It certainly did help lift his spirits after the news that Jongin is in a critical condition for smoke inhalation and Joon-myun being in a coma after sustaining an injury to his head. He remained in critical condition. His life was still in danger. There was still swelling in his brain and he needed a further operation on him.   

 

......

 

Hand in hand, Kyuhyun and Sungmin inspected the damage done to their business and home. Baekhyun and Sehun followed gingerly behind as the two younger guys gasped at the damage sustained.

 

The bar area was blackened by soot. The furniture was all soaked wet and ruined. The alcohol bottles were broken and shards of glass were on the floor. Sungmin let out a long sigh as Kyuhyun remained silent.

 

They proceeded to the rear of the club where the kitchen and storage areas as well as the guests’ restrooms were located. The walls were blackened and there was rubble on the floor. They surveyed the damage quickly. Sungmin wanted to linger on for a while more as he heart sank, but Kyuhyun urged him to get away quickly. The place was still structurally sound, but it would be necessary to get a safety expert to assess the situation. They all headed back to the bar area and Sungmin just sunk himself onto a bar stool as he finally lost control and wept.

 

Kyuhyun cuddled Sungmin while his lover’s hair to comfort and reassure him.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I think I should just give up,” Sungmin cried in defeat.

 

“Didn’t we have a talk about that earlier?” Kyuhyun asked gently.

 

“I don’t know...seeing the damage in person...my heart is totally broken...all my efforts to build up this place...has come...to nought...” Sungmin replied haltingly. “I don’t know if I have the energy to restore this place or build it up not with our child coming. It needs extensive repair and renovation and I don’t know if this place is structurally fit for operation. What happens if a second catastrophe happens to Heaven again? Maybe I should just call it a day. We can still look after the boys.”

 

“Minnie...” Kyuhyun consoled

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I really don’t know. I really don’t know,” Sungmin repeated as tears streamed down his eyes and face.

 

“Minnie, whatever your decision is, I would respect it and support you all the way,” Kyuhyun assuaged. “But I really do hope we can keep Heaven. It’s for a good cause. Don’t worry about the renovation cost or the losses we have suffered. We have insurance. And we’ve been making money over the years. Anyway, the club needs an overhaul. We can use this opportunity to take a break and upgrade the club’s interiors. Think about it.”

 

Kyuhyun then turned to Sehun and Baekhyun as he continued to pat Sungmin on his back, “Boys, can you quickly go pack some of your necessities and stuff. If you can, please pack some stuff for Joon-myun, Kyungsoo and Kai as well. I’m sure Kai and Joon-myun will come back to us.”

 

Sehun and Baekhyun nodded as they scuttled off.

 

“Be careful,” Kyuhyun called out.

 

Turning back to Sungmin, Kyuhyun gently titled Sungmin’s face up and planted a kiss on his lips.

 

“Minnie, we better get packing. Let’s quickly retrieve our business documents and our belongings. We shouldn’t stay here much longer,” Kyuhyun gently prodded.

 

......

 

Jongin’s POV

 

Why do I feel as though I’m floating?

 

Where am I?

 

I’m on something soft and bouncy. Oh! They’re clouds! I’ve never felt this light before.

 

I extended my legs, danced gracefully and I did a pirouette.

 

This place is sure nice. Is this heaven? But it’s pretty empty here. There’s no one I know. Wait I see a guy. He looks my age.

 

“Hey!” I greeted. “Where am I?”

 

“Heaven,” he replied.

 

“You mean the club?” I asked.

 

“No, heaven.”

 

“Am I dead?”

 

“Not yet. It’s your choice,” he smiled.

 

“What do you mean?” I enquired curiously.

 

“You could stay here or return to where you came from,” he informed.

 

“Came from…?”

 

He didn’t reply to my question except to point downwards.

 

I hesitated.

 

“Can’t make up your mind?” he asked.

 

I nodded. “It’s tranquil here. I feel at peace.”

 

“It’s a great place, isn’t it? There isn’t sadness, anger or discrimination here, just joy, peace and happiness,” he added.

 

“Maybe I should stay,” I wondered aloud.

 

“Do you have anyone waiting for you down there?” he asked. “Have you made any promises to anyone that you have yet to fulfil?”

 

I thought for a while and then I remembered a certain boy who was older than me, but yet shorter – a caring person with great culinary skills – a boy who made sure everything was spick and span and in neat order.

 

That boy who had nice large orbs and a shy awkward smile. That boy whom I made a promise to be by his side. That boy whom I’m slowly fallen in love with.

 

“I guess…there’s someone,” I chirped.

 

And then there are others who care about me. Can I just leave them behind like this?

 

“Then you don’t belong here. You should hurry and return to where you should be and where you’re needed,” he urged.

 

“Can’t I just stay here a little while more?” I asked hopefully.

 

“Heaven can wait a while for you. But these people can’t.”

 

He then turned away from me and walked in the opposite direction. This person, this smiling and innocent face, I know I have seen him before. But at the same time I don’t think I’ve ever met him.

 

“Excuse me,” I called out, “Could you at least tell me your name?”

 

“Cho Jinho, Jino,” he responded without looking back.

 

……

 

Jongin’s fingers twitched. His hands and arms started to move. His body jerked slightly and he finally opened his eyes. He blinked a few times as his blurred vision became clearer.

 

Jongin scanned his surroundings feeling a little confused. He looked at himself. He was lying down and hooked up to some machine. Wasn’t he just floating around just moments earlier? But right now, he was in a rather sterile looking place with white-washed walls and a ceiling.

 

And then Jongin turned his attention to the two people in the room who were trembling and shedding tears of joy – Kyungsoo and Sehun – as they repeatedly called out his name.

 

……

 

The sun’s rays kissed and warmed Kyungsoo and Jongin as they sat in the hospital garden.

 

“It feels so good to get out and get some fresh air,” Jongin remarked with a hoarse voice as he stretched his arms.

 

“Kai, mianhae,” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

“Hyung, why are you apologising?”

 

“If it wasn’t for me…”

 

“Are you going to blame yourself…? It’s not your fault…”

 

“But you volunteered to take the trash out for me…I’m the one who was supposed to be the one caught in the fire…I’m the one who should lie in hospital…”

 

“Sssh…” Jongin said as he placed his fingers on Kyungsoo’s lips. “I’m alright now. That is what the matters. So stop blaming yourself.”

 

Kyungsoo pushed Jongin’s fingers away as he burst out: “But what happens if you had become so seriously hurt, never wake up or even died? I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. I would probably go end my life…”

 

“Hyung!” Jongin exclaimed. “Why would you think of ending your life? Haven’t you gotten over this self-blame and suicidal phase? Have you been taking you medicines these few days?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Accidents do happen. Jino was an accident and unintentional. What happened this time round was an accident and unintentional. You didn’t cause it to happen. You didn’t get two guys to set fire to Heaven. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Jongin consoled Kyungsoo.

 

“But it would have been me if now for you. I can’t help but to feel guilty. I wouldn’t be able to live knowing I had caused the death of another person I love. I’ve already caused someone I love to die. I don’t want to experience this a second time,” Kyungsoo blurted.  

 

“You…love…me?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head. “I do…it’s just that…I’ve been holding…”

 

Before Kyungsoo could finish his sentence, Jongin kissed Kyungsoo on his right cheek. “Hyung, I love you too. I hope it isn’t too late to let you know. After this brush with death, I just want to tell you that I love you very much.”    

 

At the mutual confession, both boys sat awkwardly silent for a while.

 

“You know,” Jongin continued, “I had a very strange dream. I was in a place. It was nice and peaceful. I was floating. Maybe it was heaven or paradise. I liked it there and I wanted to stay on. But the place felt empty because you weren’t around.  And then I met this boy who asked me if I had anyone waiting for me here and whom I made a promise to. I remembered you. And he told me to return.”

 

“And I’m so thankful that you’ve returned. I’m so thankful to that boy for asking you to return,” Kyungsoo snivelled. “Do you remember how that boy in your dreams looked like?”

 

Jongin paused for a while and thought. He decided against telling Kyungsoo that the guy in his dreams was Jino. And so, Jongin shook his head. “I don’t remember.”

 

“But Kai, can we really be together?” Kyungsoo questioned sadly.

 

“Why? Don’t you want to be my boyfriend? I love you and you love me too…I just came back from the brink of death. We were nearly separated for good...but now we have a second chance,” Jongin exclaimed. “Time is precious. I don’t want to waste any moment with you.”

 

“But what about Joon-myun hyung? He loves me and I don’t want to hurt him,” Kyungsoo replied dejectedly.

 

“Do you love him?”

 

“Just as a hyung.”

 

‘Then it shouldn’t be a problem, right?”

 

“But I can’t help but feel sorry for and indebted to him. I can’t shake off the feeling that he went in to rescue you because of me,” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

Jongin’s shoulders drooped as he felt deflated. His head bowed down when he heard Kyungsoo’s words. 

 

“I wanted to go in to save you,” Kyungsoo murmured as tears began to flow. “But he stopped me. He promised me that he would bring you and himself back safely. You’re safe now, but he’s still in a coma. He’s still in danger. He might die. I love you Kai, but I don’t know if I can go into a relationship with you right now…not with Joon-myun hyung still lying there. That’s not right.”

 

“But hyung…if he doesn’t wake up or if dies, does it mean we can’t be together?” Jongin was alarmed and a little dismayed.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I don’t know…maybe…”

 

“But we can’t just put our lives on hold just like that,” Jongin protested. “I can’t do that. After this, I just can’t. I don’t want to waste time. I don’t want to have regrets.”

 

“Kai, he went into the blaze to save you! He didn’t have to do that. He did it because I was begging desperately for help. He rushed in there bravely, but could you imagine the heat and fear he felt?” Kyungsoo chided. “And he got injured…”

 

“And what if he wakes up and is still unable to let go of his love for you? What happens if he’s unable to let go of the dislike he has of me? He thinks that I’ve stolen you from him,” Jongin countered. “Will you go to him then? Hyung, it’s not that I’m not grateful to Joon-myun hyung, but putting our lives on hold for him for this reason…I just can't. I really want us to be together.”

 

“I’m not like you Kai! And I won’t go to him. Even though I like Joon-myun hyung and I am grateful, I won’t confuse these feelings with love,” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “Look Kai, if Joon-myun hated you, he wouldn’t have gone into the fire to rescue you even if it was for my sake. He didn’t need to do that, but he did it out of his love and responsibility. He treats you as his brother. If he hated you, he didn’t need to call me to put you through to Taemin. Yes, he had been spiteful to you, but he cares for you. So please don’t misunderstand him.”

 

“So what do you want us to do?” Jongin sighed. “Don’t you want us to be together?”

 

“Let’s just wait until Joon-myun hyung is able get out of his coma or out of danger. And when I know he’s truly able to let go of me and be able to find his own happiness, that’s when I would come to you. That’s the very least we could do for him,” Kyungsoo asserted.

 

“But hyung…” Jongin whined.

 

“I’m sorry Kai. Will you please do it for me?" Kyungsoo pleaded. "At least to ease my conscience a little." 

 

With his forlorn puppy eyes, Jongin could only nod his head sadly. 

 

"Until then, let’s just keep our feelings and love for one another to ourselves like this.”

 

Kyungsoo could only smile bitterly at Jongin. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more chapter before this story ends.

Did anyone of you felt really moved and touched by this chapter. Did anyone cry? Which part of the chapter do you like best?

Yes, I know I trolled. So Joon-myun didn't die (maybe not yet). He's in a coma. His life is still in danger. But at least Kai is safe. I hope most of you are relieved with this. Do you think Kyungsoo is being an idiot here for not wanting to be with Jongin? 

What do you think will happen to Joon-myun? Will he die? Will he ever wake up? Will he get over Kyungsoo? 

What will happen to Kyungsoo and Kai? Will they be able to officially get together?

What's the child that Sungmin is talking about? (A/N: There will be no mpreg in this story)

What will happen to Heaven? Will Sungmin shut the doors of Heaven for good? 

Btw, did anyone notice the part when Jongin asked where he was and the person replied Heaven? Do you have a recollection of this scene?

Well, thanks for all the comments so far, please continue to comment on this story. 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Heartbeat (new)

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)