I don't think we should carry on

Heaven's Boys

 

Sehun was all stretched out on Lu Han’s bed as he laughed while having a conversation with someone over his handphone.

 

When the bedroom door opened and Lu Han walked in with drinks and snacks, Sehun immediately ended his call and put his handphone away hoping that Lu Han would not notice. Unfortunately, Lu Han did catch a quick glimpse of Sehun putting away his handphone. He pretended to turn a blind eye and smiled at Sehun.

 

“I’ve brought us some drinks and snacks. Are you ready to watch the movie?” Lu Han asked.

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“Anyway, what are you doing on my bed?” Lu Han asked with knitted brows.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” Sehun stuttered in confusion.

 

“I don’t like anyone to lie on my bed.”

 

“Aren’t we dating?”

 

“I’m just a little fussy. It’s one of the quirks I have…”

 

“But I want to snuggle in bed with you,” Sehun pouted. “Come on, come to bed with me.”

 

Lu Han sighed, set the snacks and drinks down on the desk and got onto bed. Instantly, Sehun snuggled beside Lu Han and started planting kisses all over the older boy. Lu Han responded by kissing Sehun on his lips and slowly, a passionate bout of kissing ensued as they d each other’s body, only breaking their lips free to catch some air.

 

It was after a good ten to fifteen that the two boys pulled back from one another to watch the movie as Sehun rested his head on Lu Han’s chest while at times looking at where his handphone was placed. This was not lost on Lu Han.

 

Lu Han was no fool. He knew that Sehun was probably chatting with other men as well. Sometimes when they were out on dates, Sehun would receive alerts on his mobile phone from those gay chat applications causing Sehun to fidget and feel distracted. Lu Han would sometimes catch Sehun slyly messaging or engaging in a telephone conversation when Lu Han was away for a while.

 

To a certain extent, Lu Han felt hurt. He felt hurt that Sehun was flirting with other guys even though he and Sehun have yet to become an official couple. But Lu Han hoped that with his perseverance, patience and love, Sehun would change to believe in true love. Lu Han wanted to guide that lost boy back to the correct path. So Lu Han kept quiet and tolerated Sehun, but deep inside Lu Han wondered how long he would be able to keep his patience up before it would crack. After all, Lu Han was a human too, he was not a saint, and he did not like to share the affection given to him with others as well.

 

And how could he ignore Sehun’s past when it keeps on encroaching into their present. It was one of those days when he was out on a date with Sehun when Lu Han felt a little uneasy. He could sense someone following them. Without turning around, he just grabbed Sehun by his hand who took it without much thought, and sped up their pace. They then turned into a back alley and hid it an alley. Lu Han was all fidgety with anxiety. However, Sehun thought otherwise. He thought that Lu Han was up to some thoughts and was his lips at the thought of having a small romp in the back alley.

 

“Xiao Lu, I didn’t know you had that in you,” Sehun cooed into Lu Han’s ear and blew air into it. He started to feel for Lu Han’s crotch.

 

Lu Han shuddered from the sudden touch, and whirled around in irritation and confusion. “Ya! Sehun-ah, what is this about?”

 

“Xiao Lu is acting like an innocent Bambi. Don’t you want to…?”

 

Lu Han suddenly covered Sehun’s mouth to shush him. Sehun could feel his mounting under his pants as he thought of what was to come. Suddenly, he felt himself being dragged by Lu Han out of the lane. His daydream was interrupted when Lu Han exclaimed, “What are you doing here? Are you following us?”

 

It was Sehun’s ex-lover, the man who threatened them outside Sehun’s school.

 

The man sniggered, “Told you, I wouldn’t let you off so easily.”

 

“What do you want from us?” Lu Han glowered.

 

“Sehun…and you…away from Sehun’s side,” he replied menacingly.

 

“Didn’t I say that we’re over? Stop harassing us,” Sehun butted in.

 

“That’s unilateral. I don’t consider us over,” he growled.

 

“You’re psychotic,” Sehun scowled. “I don’t know why I even dated you in the first place. I’m so glad I left you before it is too late.”

 

Tugging at Lu Han, Sehun ordered, “Come on Xiao Lu. Let’s go.”

 

“Not so fast,” the man shouted as he lunged at them. “Oh Sehun, I’m not going to let you go. Ever!”

 

But Sehun spotted the man charging at them and dragged Lu Han and himself out of the way. The man lost his balance, tripped and fell down with his face facing the ground. Sehun sauntered towards his ex-lover who was still on the ground and trying to pick himself up. Sehun gathered all his might and kicked the man repeatedly on his back.

 

By now Lu Han was alarmed and shock at what had transgressed and implored Sehun to stop. “Sehun-ah! Please stop! You are hurting him badly!”

 

“I have to teach him a lesson,” Sehun responded chillingly without looking at Lu Han. “Otherwise, he would keep on harassing us.”

 

Sehun crouched, yanked his ex-lover’s head up by his hair whilst looking tauntingly at his lover.

 

“If you harass me or Lu Han again, I would send you to the police station. And your life would be over,” Sehun threatened.

 

“Go ahead! I’ll make sure you go down with me! You cheated me. You beat me up. I’ll have you charged.” the man spat at Sehun. But Sehun took a tissue from his pocket and wiped the spittle off.

 

“Maybe I should just take you to the police station now?” Sehun snarled menacingly. “I can claim that I was acting out of self-defence towards a crazy stalker. I beat you? I cheated you? Do you have proof? You know, I can report you for ual assault. You forced me to have with you.”

 

“Do you want you to ruin your life? Your family, friends, colleagues all would find out what a psycho you are. Do you want to? I can grant you your wish right now,” Sehun mocked.

 

The man trembled and he looked fearfully at Sehun. He spluttered, “You’re…you’re…a monster…”

 

Sehun sniggered, “That’s right. I’m a monster. So you better leave me alone.”

 

“You’ll get you retribution…” the man cursed.

 

Sehun chuckled as he rose from the ground and kicked his ex-lover one more time. He returned to Lu Han who was cowering in fear and shock. With a smirk on his face, Sehun led Lu Han by his hand. “It’s all taken care off. Let’s go.”

 

Lu Han could not believe that Sehun would turn out to be a callous, hardhearted person. Lu Han was shaken and traumatised though he never uttered a single word about it. He just kept it to himself as he worried about how to go about righting Sehun’s twisted nature.

 

“Sehun-ah…” Lu Han hesitated. They were now seated down at some café. Lu Han was trembling from the earlier incident.

 

Sehun noticed Lu Han’s ashen look and uneasiness. He grasped Lu Han’s hand and tried to soothe the older boy, “Are you okay? Do you want me to get anything else to make you feel better?”

 

Sehun was about rise from his seat when Lu Han requested softly for Sehun to remain. Lu Han twiddled with his fingers before he finally broke the silence as he fumbled on his words, “Sehun-ah, you shouldn’t have done that.”

 

“Do what?” Sehun asked innocently.

 

“Hurting…your…ex…” Lu Han stuttered.

 

“He asked for it.”

 

Sehun’s tone suddenly became chilly. It was like a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde moment. “I had to do that. Otherwise, he would keep on harassing us. I didn’t have a choice. Remember when I told you not to worry about me? See I can take good care of things.”

 

“But Sehun-ah, he was someone you dated…someone you had spent time with…and someone you had feelings for. How could you hurt him?” Lu Han was alarmed.

 

“It was necessary. I have to protect myself and what’s precious to me. That’s you,” Sehun sweet-talked.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Lu Han asked with quivering lips as a sudden realisation hit him. “Did you do that to all the guys you dated when they pestered you? Will you do that to me one day?”

 

Sehun just shrugged and casually replied, “I would never do that to a sweet, good-natured person like you. Those people are bastards, but you’re Bambi.”

 

And Lu Han did not press on further.

 

……

 

They still went out together and dated as usual but there was a sense of wariness and reservation within Lu Han. There was another instance when Sehun and Lu Han ran into one of Sehun’s acquaintances. Sehun had noticed the man and was trying to drag Lu Han away, but the other party was quicker and caught up with them.

 

“Hey Sehun!” the man greeted. “It’s such a nice coincidence to run into you.”

 

Lu Han studied the man. He was clean-shaven, bespectacled, pleasant, decent looking with a short cut that was brushed up. He was average and looked like the decent office worker or civil servant.

 

Sehun put on his usual dour face. “It’s a surprise indeed.”

 

“Is this your friend?” he asked pointing at Lu Han.

 

“Ne. His name is Lu Han.”

 

Both Lu Han and the man exchanged greetings with one another. However, Lu Han was displeased.

 

Why couldn’t Sehun introduce me as his date? Why did he say I’m only a friend? It’s obvious that this person is gay.

 

“Anyway, we’ve in a rush,” Sehun quickly came up an excuse.

 

“Sure. I’ll see you at the club,” the man replied with a smile. ‘Maybe we can go out some time.”

 

Sehun merely nodded and grabbing Lu Han’s hand, he then dragged Lu Han away.

 

What disappointed Lu Han was that Sehun did not explain to him about the man they had just encountered by merely dismissing him as a mere customer. But Lu Han knew that the man was more than just a customer. He could see the glint of interest in the man’s eyes when he stared at Sehun.

 

Sehun was meanwhile unaware that Lu Han had already caught on and was tired to his indiscretions. Perhaps he was not sharp enough to know, or he pretended not to know, or he just wanted to test the boundaries and limits of Lu Han. After all he did like Lu Han, and he was not prepared to give Lu Han up, but neither he was willing to part with the attention and material things he could achieve from older men.

 

Sehun never asked Lu Han for anything – not even for one cheap stationery item. While Lu Han paid for their meals or activities on their dates, Sehun would also contribute his share by buying drinks, desserts or the occasional meal.

 

Lu Han was grateful for that – but that was not enough for him as he knew that Sehun would continue to fleece other men to attain what he wants.

 

But the last straw came for Lu Han one day when he came to surprise Sehun at the latter’s school.

 

He saw Sehun getting into an unknown man’s car from afar from the distance. And when he texted Sehun to ask him what he was doing, he got a reply from Sehun saying that he was busy with a project in school.

 

Lu Han was neither sad nor angry. He was not heartbroken, but surprisingly at peace and serene, somewhat resigned to the fact that Sehun wouldn’t change or that he did not have it in him to be able to change or move Sehun. Lu Han knew he was unable to put a leash on Sehun and control. He wouldn’t be able to be there at Heaven to keep an eye on Sehun to make sure Sehun wouldn’t stray. Sehun needed to be willing to act and change. It had to come from him, from within.

 

With that, Lu Han collected his thoughts and decided on the best course of action.

 

……

 

Sehun quickly kept his handphone away into his pocket when he spotted Lu Han return with the drinks. They were at Prince Coffee House.

 

Somewhat feeling a little guilty, Sehun offered to pay for the drinks. He took out his wallet and shoved two bills into Lu Han’s hands.

 

“Sehun-ah, what is that for?” Lu Han blinked in surprise.

 

“Nothing, just feeling generous today,” Sehun deadpanned.

 

“Sehun-ah, I have a present for you,” Lu Han said as he reached for a small paper bag with a box inside and passed it to Sehun.

 

“A gift?” Sehun was taken aback. “What’s the occasion? It’s not even my birthday or our anniversary or anything.”

 

“Nothing, I’m just feeling generous today,” Lu Han teased with Sehun’s earlier words.

 

Sehun received the present from Lu Han. He saw a card attached to the box and asked excitedly: “Can I open it now?”

 

“Only open it when you get home,” Lu Han said.

 

“But I want to see it now. I’ll act cute…”

 

“No,” Lu Han said firmly. “Do it only when you get home.”

 

“Okay,” Sehun shrunk back, somewhat startled by Lu Han’s sudden change in tone and attitude.

 

The rest of the date proceeded normally as they chatted over their drinks. It was then that Lu Han dropped the bombshell, “Sehun-ah, I’m sorry. I can’t do this anymore.”

 

“What? What are you saying? What can you not do anymore?”

 

Lu Han lowered his head and answered softly, “You, me, us. I don’t think I can continue to see or date you.”

 

“What? Why?” Sehun demanded anxiously.

 

“Because I don’t have your heart. Sehun-ah, I know that you have been chatting up with other guys…”

 

“But they’re just friends…customers…” Sehun protested. “They don’t mean anything to me.”

 

“Then how do you explain the new handphone which you got a week ago?” Lu Han questioned.

 

“I…I…”

 

“Sehun-ah, I’m sorry,” Lu Han stood up to leave.

 

“Wait. Don’t you like me? Didn’t you say you give me a chance?”

 

“Sehun-ah. I do. But I over-estimated by abilities. I thought I could change you. I could help you understand that true love exists. I’m just an idiot trying to be noble and act smart…trying to make the impossible possible,” Lu Han sighed. “I just don’t want to hurt myself further.”

 

“So you’re just as selfish as anyone else!” Sehun riled at Lu Han before breaking down. “I thought you love me because I love you.”

 

Lu Han turned to Sehun with a hardened look, “Sehun-ah, you don’t love me. You tried to love me. But you love yourself more. You love yourself to not want yourself to get hurt. You love the attention that you’ve been getting…you’ve still been seeing other guys. You’re still using them…”

 

“What’s wrong with that?” Sehun countered. “They’re just customers…willing to splurge on me and spoil me. I’m willing to be their toy boy… to give those lonely hearts and souls some love and affection.”

 

There was a look of disgust on Lu Han’s face as he slapped Sehun’s cheek. “So am I one of those clients? Tell me, what makes you different from a male e?”

 

Sehun used his palm to brush his smarting cheek and glared defiantly at Lu Han. “You’re not because you can’t give me what I want. It’s not like we can be together forever. You can’t give me money or any material possessions that I need. You won’t be able to help me realise my dreams. You won’t be able to give me a future.”

 

“So what if I’m cheapening myself to that of a e level? Do you know how poor my family is? Do you know how my family saved up for my studies?  Yet I squandered the money on that because I was a fool and naively believed in love,” Sehun contested. “I had to sleep in the streets. I had to eat leftovers. What can love give me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Money talks, love doesn’t.”

 

“Sehun!” Lu Han shouted. “Your thoughts are all warped. I was hurt by people I loved. But look at me! I’ve recovered. I’m still making an effort to love.”

 

“Really? Maybe you have not tried hard enough. Have you really recovered?” Sehun scoffed. “I’m not an idealist like you Xiao Lu. I’m a realist. I need money to survive. I need money to break my family and myself out of poverty.”

 

“Anyway, why do you even care?” Sehun poured scorn. “It’s not like we’ve gotten into the official boyfriends stage yet. Sometimes I wonder why I am even interested in you or dating you when you can’t help me one single bit with my needs in life.”

 

“That’s true. I can’t argue with you. We’re not committed to each other yet. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be sincere in making this work. Your flings with other guys don’t really help. I don’t even know why I’m seeing you. It hurts to see someone you like and love having his eyes and heart on someone else. I am human,” Lu Han said ruefully.

 

“Dwaesseo. Let’s just take a break from one another…and not see each other for a while.”

 

“After all I can’t provide you with anything,” Lu Han said in a mocking tone.

 

Lu Han then said sincerely, “No one owes you anything in life. Good luck Sehun. I wish you well.”

 

“Fine then! Leave if you want to! You’re just like all the rest!” Sehun cried out.

 

Lu Han just simply shook his head at Sehun’s tantrum. He got up, strode out of the café without once turning to look back at the younger boy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I meant to update yesterday, but I was kept me busy with other things so here's the update today. 

Well, I don't think anyone was expecting HunHan to break up. 

What do you think of Sehun in this chapter? Did you think Lu Han did the right thing in breaking?

What do you think Lu Han had given Sehun? Do you think they would ever get back together?

Share your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for all the comments and upvotes. as well as those who subscribed to this story.

Here's a spoiler: the next planned fan-fiction should be a KyuMin story =) 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)