What Drink Do You Want?

There's Only Two Things You Must Do Today: Breathe In, Breathe Out

Carolyn’s POV

I was standing in Hallmark for ten minutes before Taemin got there. I was going through cute Anniversary cards when I heard him call my name. When I saw him smiling I felt my cheeks turn red. I looked away then said:

“So, what do you want to do?”

“Well, I missed dinner…wanna go eat? It’s less crowded here than when we met.” He giggled which in return I smiled.

“Ah okay! And yeah you’re right!” I was extremely nervous. A cute Asian guy I barely know? Yeah. Nervous. He grabbed my hand and smiled, pulling me out of the store.

“Let’s go!”

Once we got to the food court the challenge of where to eat arose.

“Well, I need rice with my meal.”

“Rice sounds good.” I looked around for the places that had rice, and an Asian place with good sushi came to mind. I told Taemin about it and he agreed to try it. I hadn’t bought a drink, since I didn’t bring enough money for one, and when Taemin noticed he offered to pay for it. I didn’t want him to buy me something on our first hangout! I mean, I can’t let every guy I meet buy me things! I’m not that shallow.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to get dehydrated!” The concern in his eyes was the sweetest thing.

”Yes, Tae. I’m sure.”

I smiled at him.

“Well, why don’t we share a drink then?” My smile faded.

“Tae…” I sighed.

“No, really! You said this wasn’t a date…yet. You wanted us to know each other first, and hey! We do now! Why don’t we make it a date?” he smiled his gorgeous smile.

“So…you aren’t gay?”

“WHAT?! No! Of course not! Why’d you think that? I like you! If I was gay, why would I like a girl?” I laughed. “It’s not funny!”

“Sorry…it’s just when I saw your contact lenses…and that your hair was dyed…I kind of assumed…AND you wanted to meet at Hallmark! Quite feminine, am I right?”

“Nooo~” He whined. “I am manly….NOT feminine.” He puffed out his cheeks.

“Yes, because manly men dye their hair.”

“You misunderstand! That was my stylist’s idea. For appearance! I need to look like a Korean Idol. And my regular appearance didn’t cut it…that’s all. I want to be manly! Not cute and adorable.”

“Well, you are cute and adorable. You have to live with it! But, I also want to say, I can see a man in you. You just need to let him out a bit. When you laughed on the phone you sounded manly! But then you covered it up and stopped yourself. What for? If you want to be manly, why hide?”

“…you think my laugh is manly?”

“Yeah..?”

“Omo! You are so nice!” He hugged me. I was confused. Why was that nice? “Also, I wanted to meet at Hallmark because that’s the first place where I ever saw you. It is now special. Very special.” He smiled his manly smile.

“You’re so sweet. And okay!”

“Okay?”

“Okay. Let’s make this a date.” He clapped excitedly then took my hand in his.

“So, what drink do you want?”

 

 

Heyy!!! Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I didn't have time to type out another chapter! But I have manly written! and i decided today that my goal is to type ALL of them up today! I will update again later tonight~ Promise!