Key Isn't Just the Umma. He's the Appa Too.

There's Only Two Things You Must Do Today: Breathe In, Breathe Out

Carolyn's POV

I told Becca and Bri about what had happened the other night at the movies. They thought it was hilarious. I, on the other hand, was not too amused.

"Why would he think that? I thought he trusted me!"

"Well, maybe he just doesn't want to let you go." Becca inquired.

"But I never asked him to 'let go'"

"Yeah..." Brianna agreed.

"I mean, I trust him! Why can't he trust me? I'm fifteen for goodness' sake! It's a stretch dating him, a nineteen year-old, let alone a twenty year-old like Jjong!"

"...Onew is twenty-one.” Becca said softly.

"...sorry."

"It's okay, I understand what you meant."

"Gahhhh" I threw my head back in exasperation. "Taeminnnnnn~" Brianna just patted my back.

"You should tell Key. See what appa says!" she winked.

------------

Brianna drove us to a small diner where she told Key to meet us. As I hopped out of her car, I saw Key appa standing in the dark.

"Annyeong~" he smiled. Key kissed his girlfriend and waved to Becaa. He patted my head and said, "Now tell me, what my baby Taetae has done to my precious ttal?" He leaned forward and looked into my eyes with his feline ones.

"Nothiiiiing~" I whined.

"Don't lie to your appa! Let's go inside." he led us to our table. Bri sat next to him, while I sat next to Becca.

“Yebo~ tell me what’s going on?" He said, nuzzling into Bri's cheek.

"Well, to start off, Taemin is one jealous guy!"

"What? My Taeminnie?!"

"Mmhmm, you should’ve seen the way he acted the other night!" I sat back in my seat realizing that Brianna would handle the explaining.

Once she finished, with a few exaggerations here and there, Key decided to call Taemin.

"No! Don't! He apologized! I don't want him to feel bad..."

"He needs to know that he can't do that again. Psh. Couples should trust each other! Take Bri and me for example." he swung his arm around her shoulder. "We trust each other! I have many friends that are girls, and she has many friends that are guys! We both know that those friends, are just friends. We don't question each other's loyalty! Taemin shouldn't question your’s either. Besides. He was right there. He knew you weren't tongue-effing the guy!"

"KEY!" Brianna yelled, "Language!"

"...sorry. But seriously. His own band member. Jonghyun wouldn't go after his best friend's girlfriend! He may be a player, but he isn't that bad. Am I the only one who trusts him?"

"Yes." Becca simply stated. Key sighed.

"I will talk to Taeminnie. He is still a little baby. He doesn't know much about this kind of thing. Aish! I need to raise that boy better!" he flipped out his phone.

I could hear the other line ringing. Key put it on speaker when the familiar voice answered.

"Annyeong, Taemin."

" Mwo?" They started to speak in Korean while Becca, Bri and I just stared at each other awkwardly. I caught a few phrases that I understood, here and there, but not many. Finally, after Key seemed satisfied, he asked Taemin to speak in English.

"Why, Umma?"

"Because, Bri, Becca and Carolyn are here."

"WHAT!?"

"Mmhmm. Now, tell them what you just told me. In English."

"But-but-"

"No but's." I heard Taemin sigh on the other line.

"Ne..." there was a pause, "Aigoo! This is hard!"

"Stop stalling." another pause, "Taemin, don't make me beat you when I get home."

"Omo, omo! Okay!" He paused for a third time. We all held our breathes. For Taemin's sake. "Um...Carolyn?"

"Hi..." I felt awkward having everyone listening to us.

"I know I apologized at the theater, but I still feel bad..."

"TAEMIN. No fluff. Just say it." Key demanded.

"BUTIjustloveyousomuchIdon'twantyoutofallforJonghyunbecause he'ssomuchcoolerthanIamandmuscularandcansingwhileI'mallscrawnyandjust-BLEH."  He said in one breathe. He talked so fast I could barely hear him.

"Aw, Taemin." I smiled at what did hear. I glanced to Becca whom silently urged me to keep going. "I-I love you." I giggled before I continued. "We've only really known each other for less than a month, and it's really unlike me to fall for someone as quickly as I did. Seriously. Ask Becca."

"It's true; she takes months to finally admit to herself that she likes someone. Although I ALWAYS know." she winked.

"Becca!"

"Just saying."

"ANYWAYS!" I said hiding my flushed cheeks. "I really do like you, well...I love you. And I guess I just felt a little hurt that you didn't trust me like I trust you. I mean, yeah, Jjong is really sweet and an awesome guy, but as a friend. Why would I want someone else, when I have you? You aren't scrawny, or 'bleh', you're kinda… perfect."  It was silent on the other line.

"...I want a hug now."

"Aigoo, Taemin! I'm all the way over here!"

"I knowww, but next time I see you, I want a hug!"

"You always get a hug!" I heard Becca giggle, to which I blushed. "Omo, Tae, you're embarrassing me!"

"I love you~"

"I love you too." I smiled and Key just patted my head, and then leaned into Brianna.

"Okay...well...I'll text you later then."

"Mkay~ bye bye."

"Bye Yebo~" He said before the line went dead. I pushed the phone to Key.

"Happy Appa?"

"Ne. Now let's order some food."