Not afraid, not alone. We are one, together.

Tell me it can change

*chanyeol's pov.

 

"Did you and Chanyeol have a talk yesterday?" I heard Baekhyun's voice as I turned left. I stayed behind the wall and got my cellphone out of my pucket so I wouldn't look so... stalkerish. 

I had wanted Baekhyun to have a talk with Kai. He was like a walking zombie when I had left him that night. He had accused me of planning something with Kai.

How could I do that? 

Kai, I mean Jongin, he was my arch nemesis. 

He was the reason I left my old school. 

I was Kyungsoo's best friend. We were pretty close. Then Kai came out of nowhere. He declared that he wanted Kyungsoo.

And Kyungsoo was interested in him too. So they started to date. With me in-between.

It was a disaster. Because Kyungsoo knew I didn't want to hang out with anyone except him. I'd open up too easily and they would make fun of me afterwards. He knew, so he held on to me.

Then, Kai became possessive.

I only saw him from a distance, Kyungsoo wouldn't get us in the same room because Kai would always have this scowl on his face. Kyungsoo hated to pick between us and didn't want us to fight so he wasn't on either of our sides.

What he didn't know was, Kai's possessiveness had become over the roof top. He would bring his group and make them beat me up.

"Don't mess with his face. Soo will know." He used to say, in a low and dangerous voice. They wouldn't even nod and just participate in the beating. 

I still had the scars and bruises. If I had shower with water too hot, they would start to ache. I still hadn't forgotten.

I had forgetten one thing though. Kai had long hair. It covered half of his face and he had never looked at me properly. I didn't know how he looked.

So that day, after Baekhyun ran away...

"Who am I? Don't you remember?" His low voice had came back, I shivered slightly and looked him with eyes full of anger. He smirked and looked into my eyes. I averted my eyes. He was a friend of Baekhyun's, probably. It was best so keep quiet.

"Don't get too close with him. Unless... if you want to get hurt again..?" Wasn't he dating Kyungsoo? But he loved Baekhyun? What was happening? I was confused. I watched as he walked away. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

Baekhyun thought we planned something to hurt him.

He didn't know I actually walked into my own suffering. I walked to him, through a road that was filled with broken glass. I opened my heart to him, only to be pushed back to those pieces of glasses. It hurt. Everything hurt.

I sighed and kept quiet to hear the things they were talking.

"We didn't. We just met back then." I could hear his smirk though. He sounded like he was planning something devious. I heard Baekhyun sigh and I was tempted to walk over there to calm him down.

"Oh, really? I was... I was an to him then." He sounded guilty and I heard a rustle. Probably Kai had been laying on the grass and he got up. I took a step towards the corridor and made sure I wasn't seen.

"Why..?" His surprise was evident. I smirked a little, he wasn't waiting for me to just go and do something like this, probably. I put my cellphone back into my pocket and stepped forward. I watched as Kai put a finger under Baekhyun's chin and made him look up. Baekhyun's eyes widened, I could even see it from far away. Kai leaned in and Baekhyun slapped his hand away. I smiled a little bit as he took a few steps back. Kai looked surprised and panicked. I took one more step forward and Kai looked at me from the side of his eye. Baekhyun hadn't seen me so he continued.

"He confessed to me and I rejected him, thinking he was helping you out." Kai turned his head to me. His face was full of anger and he gave me a look of total disapprovement. Baekhyun also turned my way and I sent a kiss in his way. He blushed pretty cutely. I walked towards them as Kai got up. 

"Hello." I gave Kai a small nod as I stopped one step away from Baekhyun. I saw him turn his head my way slightly, thinking I wouldn't see him if he didn't turn his head completely. I saw but didn't react. He took a step towards me and our arms touched. I looked at him and he smiled at me. His eyes became smaller and his cheeks became a little redder. I winked at him and he mumbled a small apology. I told him it was okay as I wrapped an arm around his waist. He came closer to me and he looked down to hide his -probably red- face. 

"I see then." I had forgotten Kai was there. I looked up to him and smiled proudly. My smile meant, I am not afraid of you anymore.

I wasn't afraid. My guardian angel was here, in my arms.

 

WOW. I'm so cheesy. I felt cheesy as I was writing ^^

BAP is back btw <3 loving the song.

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing :)

Go and follow my writer tumblr ^^ here