002.

Is It Too Late?

Author's POV:

 

Since it's Sunday, it was Soojung's daily weekend thing to go window shopping with Jieun and Eunji. It has been their habit to buy drinks while doing their activity.

 

While Soojung was busy sipping on her drink, someone unexpectedly bumped into her and unfortunately her drink spilled all over her shirt. The incident happened in just a blink.

 

Jieun and Eunji were so shocked witnessing what happened to their friend but managed to help her clean the dirt that was all over her shirt.

 

Soojung felt her face burning of shame and anger. 'This bloody guy is too much. How could he just stand in front of me as if he didn't do anything wrong?' Soojung couldn't stop cursing at the guy while cleaning her shirt.

 

'Aish, !' I bought this last week and this is my first time wearing it out. Why am I so unlucky?!' she kept on cursing but then suddenly stopped when she saw the guy look at her.

 

"Miss, are you okay?" he asked concernly. Soojung's forehead frowned.

 

'Is this guy stupid or stupid? He made me spill my drink on my shirt and now he's asking wether I'm okay or not?'

 

 

Soojung's POV:

 

I looked at the guy in front of me unbelievably when I heard him asking wether I'm okay or not. Can't he see what I'm going through right now? Jeez, is he stupid or what? But before I could answer, I heard him suddenly apologizing over his carelessness.

 

"I'm so sorry about your shirt. I didn't mean to bump into you, I was on the phone with someone and probably didn't notice my surroundings. I'm so sorry." he explained. I heard him let out a deep sigh after. I gave him confsed looks because I didn't know what to say anymore.

 

"It's okay, let me compensate you." he said. He then took out his wallet and gave me $100. My eyes automatically grew bigger when he handed me the money. "Here's $100, for your expenses. Please buy a new shirt. I'll feel so guilty if you don't accept this."

 

"What?! $100?!" I exclaimed. I feel as if my eyes were about to pop out from it's socket upon looking so much money in my hands.

 

He then raised his eyebrow. "Why? Not enough? Here's another $100." he added some more. "So, I think it's enough right?"

 

 

Author's POV:

 

Jieun and Eunji's eyes also grew bigger looking at the money in Soojung's hads. Soojung couldn't believe this. Why is he giving her so much money?

 

"But why? Don't you think this is too much?" she finally spoke, feeling that it's unnecessary for him to compensate up to this amount of money.

 

The guy smirked. "Miss, I know your shirt was expensive, that's why I'm compensating to you equally. It's okay, I'll take my leave first. This is m card, call me when you're free. I owed you something, and I need to pay you back." he then handed his business card.

 

"You owe me? What that would be what?" Soojung tried to clear the confusion in her head.

 

"It's a kindness for me to remember when you didn't yell at me or embarass me in front of everyone after what I did to you. Yes I admit, my carelessness just now was humiliating for you, and I'm truly sorry." he then gave Soojung a smile.

 

Soojung was astounded with his smile. His glaring eyes were so sharp, she felt that she could never stare into his eyes. He then offered his hand.

 

"I'm Lee Minhyuk."

 

Soojung shook his hand. "I'm Soojung."

 

After Minhyuk took his leave, Jieun and Eunji were cheering like crazy. "Yah, why is your shirt so expensive? Wasn't it the one that we bought together last week?" Jieun asked.

 

"Yeah." Soojung replied. "It's only $20, but he gave me $200. He must have misread the price of this shirt." she added. Thinking about that, she can't help herself but to smile. But then her grin became wider as she looked at Jieun and Eunji alternately. Understanding what's on Soojung's mind, the three girls squealed out in delight.

 

"It's shopping time!"

 

 

- - -

 

 

Author's note:

Song Jieun of Secret and Jung Eunji of APink are now in the fanfc!